Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterlad96

Best LCFC memory?

Best: Winning at Wembley, although I absolutely loved the 4-3 at Chelsea which has probably been the best atmosphere at an away match.

Worst: Losing at home to Sheffield Wednesday the season we got relegated. Just knew we'd go down after that game.

Best either Derby 94 or Heskey's equalizer at Wembley against Boro. I couldn't go to the replay and I'd sat sobbing as a kid towards the end of the first game, convinced we were going to lose, when Emile scored. The place went nuts and I got hoisted out of my seat and sent crowd surfing by the blokes around me. Just such a great moment.

Worst? Either Atletico at home or relegation a la Stoke.

Best memory - first ever game. The old man took me to Filbert street on Boxing Day 1986. 1-1 against the Arsenal. Brilliant atmosphere.

Arsenal won the title that year - and nicked Alan Smith of us for a bargain. And we got bloody relegated, not to return to the top flight until 1994. Typical. Probably explains my bitterness in later life. You give a kid something, then you take it away. For eight feken years.

Worst memory? Every single relegation from the Prem. Hard to pick between them. When we went down to League 1 I knew we'd win it and get straight back up. It's different with the Prem.

Best:- 3-3 Arsenal. What a night, they made us look poor but never say die, I have seen better games and bigger but nothing like this, and after the final whistle I was sure Walsh was going to put one on Wright

Worst: losing to Sheffield at home after being 1-0 up and Hollowhead just standing there looking lost. Their fans chant you where 1-0 up and ducked it up. I knew then would would be going down something I thought I would never see.

Quite a few stick out for me.

The Derby Playoff win was great. Nailbiting all the way through and right until we scored the winner I never thought for a moment we were going to win this game as we played so poor and Derby missed a couple of absolute sitters! (Kitson and Johnson if i remember correctly). When Walsh scored with about 5 minutes to go I remember nothing apart from picking myself off the Wembley floor and scrabbling around trying to find my LCFC player signed beanie hat!!

The Palace playoff was also great. Probably the maddest I've ever gone over a Leicester goal when Claridge hit the winner in the 120th minute (well, this goal and Walshs goal in the 3-3 Arsenal game are both close).

More recently, Howards goal V Leeds sticks out. Seemed like 30K people all breathing a massive sigh of relief when he scored, happy times indeed!

I should probably add Barnsley at home to my worst memory.

Not just because we lost, but I went on the pitch as my dad's mate sponsored the game and asked Wellens to kick the ball to me when he was doing keepy ups. It hit my foot and just rolled away, safe to say I won't be getting a trial with the club any time soon. Not to mention about 20,000 fans were in the stadium at the time lol

As I'm only 16 I feel I have missed nearly all the ups and downs of the team I support apart from obviously the league 1 promotion which to this day is the best night of my life, so what is your best and worst memory of the foxes?

Best - Claridge "shinning" it in against Crystal Palace with 2 seconds of extra time remaining in the play off final. Amazing scenes at Wembley and was privileged to have been there!

Worst - getting relegated to League One. I was devastated and cried buckets!

Bit older than most sadly.

Best memories;

Alan Clarke scoring in Semmi against West Brom at Hillsborough to put us through to FA cup final in 1969

Joe Waters first goal against QPR in FAcup in 1974

Claridge in 96 Wembley

Claridge in 97 Hillsborough

Cottee at Man U when we won 1 0

Ian Marshall in Madrid in 1997

Best one of the lot:

Keith Weller - quite simply the best player I have ever seen or likely to see in a city shirt

Worst - Easy. Worst night ever as a city fan. Harlow away lost 1 0 in the FA cup replay.

Yes I attended all of those and still go today.

Lots of people who's worst memories are of losing games when we were a Gnat's knacker away from losing the club. Amazing

Fair point. But maybe the fact that we still go promoted that season made people not realise (or deny) how bad it really was? Also, Lineker's salvage mission was already in motion when we finally slid under. I remember being genuinely worried, but it was an ongoing thing that always looked like being sorted somehow - at least in my mind. Naive, perhaps, but there we go.

Also, when asked about memories, I guess one moment in time is usually what people refer to (like the day you get promoted or relegated) - rather than a long, drawn out saga? The day we went into administration there were pictures of Lineker in most papers, saying how he was going to save us.

Not really a good memory I guess but when we Played Derby in 2002 IIRC and we beat them 3-1 there was a problem with the tickets, they were fraudulent or duplicates or something so we were marched through all the corridors into the stadium past all the players when they were coming out into our seats at the other end of the ground lol

Don't see how many people could not go with relegation to League 1. Probably one of the only times I've cried over football and is the only justifiable one. I hate it when I see Man U fans etc. crying when they lose a cup final or lose out on the league title; cheer up, you're going to have another chance to win it again next year!

We actually had a good team when we went down so it meant we were going to lose lots of players and we lost one of the few things that gave us claim to being a big club which was the fact that we'd never dropped out of the top 2 divisions.

Still, it worked out for the better and its always nice to see our lowest ever finish at 1st in L1.

Don't see how many people could not go with relegation to League 1. Probably one of the only times I've cried over football and is the only justifiable one. I hate it when I see Man U fans etc. crying when they lose a cup final or lose out on the league title; cheer up, you're going to have another chance to win it again next year!

We actually had a good team when we went down so it meant we were going to lose lots of players and we lost one of the few things that gave us claim to being a big club which was the fact that we'd never dropped out of the top 2 divisions.

Still, it worked out for the better and its always nice to see our lowest ever finish at 1st in L1.

A far better team lost at Harlow after drawing at Home

Archived