Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterlad96

Best LCFC memory?

I'm lucky enough to have a few and it is very difficult to pick a favourite.

On reflection, I will have to go for Claridge's winner against Palace in the Play-Off Final. In that moment, a season which had seen it's ups and downs and which had seemed to have petered out until we squeaked into the play offs unexpectedly against Watford due to other results resulted in one moment of extreme jubilation. It was as unexpected as it was final. Palace had no time to recover and must've been gutting to see there anxiety about penalties turned into devastation at losing such a vital game in the last 10 seconds of extra time.

Good times and led onto such good things. We all know what happened but I think we sometimes forget how close it came to not happening at all.

Favourite 1 - Being at Wembley vs Tranmere in 2000. Was the first time I had seen us lift some silverware, and quashed the disappointment of the year before vs Tottenham.

Favourite 2 - Each promotion we've gained - ones to Premier League hold a higher place in me than return to Championship from League One.

Worst 1 - As mentioned above, losing in the dying moments vs Spurs.

Worst 2 - Final-day heartbreak vs Stoke along with other results not going out way seeing us relegated in to third division for first time ever.

Worst 3 - Martin O'Neill leaving, ending a legacy that is still to be eclipsed to this day. We've not come anywhere near reaching the heights he did with that squad.

Worst 4 - THAT Cardiff game. Whenever someone mentions Cardiff in any aspect I still remember that night. Horrible.

For me, best even would have to be promotion in 2002/03. Can remember that, and that was the season I started attending regular as well.

Worst would have to be relegation, but if I had to pick a single match it would be when we lost to Wednesday 1-3. Some of their fans still bang on about that to me as well.

Claridge's goal v Boro at Hillsborough to win the Coca Cola cup final - brilliant memories. Was at Hillsborough that day and will never forget everyone going mental when we scored in extra time.

Super Stevie's goal in the PO final v Palace was a highlight too as was being at Old Trafford when TC (I think it was?!) scored the winner against United.

Worst memory - going to the PO final v Blackburn when I was 9 - roared my eyes out all the way home. David Speedie how could you do that to me? :(

Best - Waking up at 5:30 to catch the train to Portsmouth last season and Nugent's equaliser, I know it's quite an obscure one but I it's the goal I remember celebrating more than any other. So much effort went into getting myself down to Fratton Park that day.

Worst - Kermogant, I was genuinley disgusted when he did that.

I'm quite young too, haven't seen much of our club yet but I like what I've seen so far. :D

Can't quite decide on a best. Play off finals, league cup finals & all that. But the closest times I have ever been to having a heart attack;

1998 Cottee putting us 2-0 up against Man Utd at Old Trafford with 10 mins to go. First game of the season, first game for Beckham since kicking out at Simeone & getting sent off at WC '98 & becoming the most hated figure in England. We ended up drawing 2-2 & Beckham equalising in added time. Best & worst.

1998 Derby 0 Leicester 4. A glorious sunny day, pissed as a fart & game over after 15 minutes!!

It's hard to beat a bit of head tennis & Walsh getting that equaliser against Arsenal. Big Steve & Ian Wright!! lol

Best is Beating palace at wembley. Although beating Chelsea 2-0 on the day of hillsborough, beating Leeds 4-3 at filbo when strachan scored a cheeky pen. 2-2 draw at Pompey in play off semi. Being abused by Derek Pavis at notts county as their new ground opened.

Worst... Newcastle beating us 5-4 when 4-2 up with 12 left. I was there.

Newcastle again beating us 7-1. I was there.

Swindon play off final, coming back and losing.

Sheff u taking over filbo on the last day and winning 5-2.

Walshy's og vs Newcastle at filbo to stop the auto promotion.

So many good memories over the years.

Best.

Cambridge 5 0- my dream of getting to see Leicester at Wembley coming true on a warm evening when filbert street was absolutely rocking, probably one of the best atmospheres ive been in. I can remember beck trying to get some instructions to Dublin who was stood less than 10 yards away and cupped his ear and mouthed 'I can't hear you.'

Play off final and cup final victories. I don't care what anyone says, when you're in the league cup final it is far from Mickey Mouse for the two teams contesting, plus there is a European spot up for grabs.

Stoke away play off semi.

Wimbledon cup semi.

The packed motorway bridges, and drive off the motorway down narbourough road, hanging out the car and singing and chanting with everyone who had come out their houses, pubs and shops to cheer the procession of city fans home after a Wembley trip.

Worst.

peter twat taylor. Destroyed everything in a season.

Seeing my first win which was also my 8th or 9th game and had taken 7 seasons. It was Leeds away Svens 2nd game in charge 2010.

Also getting to meet all the players at the training ground in 2003/04 season. All the players came over for a chat and were bemused why an Australian supported city.

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

I started really going home and away 93/94, obviously all the wembley trips were special and some prem games live long in the memory, 3-3 with Arsenal, 1-0 at Old Trafford, 2-1 at home to Spurs with the fans trying to convince M.O.N to stay, 4-0 at pride park after 15 mins all amazing but my favorite was our first season in the prem under M.O.N when we were dead certs to go down and we went to Villa Park and won 3-1 should of been 4-1 because Heskey hit the bar late on and it was a great goal by muzzy for the 3rd, claridge got the first and Yorke got theres but I can't remember who scored our 2nd, I just remember going mental because there was a real hatred for villa at the time because of the whole Brian Little thing but can't remember if he was in charge of them for that game or he had already gone, not sure.

Archived