Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Vardy

We are talking about Vardy not Knocky, some players take longer than others to adapt so drop the sarchastic obnoxious crap . I'd rather take NPs judgement than the morons still finding stuff to slate even when we are sitting 2nd in the table. Get a life.

A rather prickly response there. I would assume that Nigel also feels Vardy has struggled to adapt and that is why he sought an additional striker. I hardly feel Vardy has been slated, I believe I've employed the phrase 'not very good' which I hardly feel constitutes a slating. I also don't believe (last weeks penalty aside which drew much opprobrium from others, not I) anyone is seeking to place the ills of the world on Vardy's shoulders. Rather folks are expressing mild disappointment that the gap in ability between our best front two and Vardy is larger than we would wish.

In my opinion I think Vardy is not, and never will be, good enough for the level we are at nor the level we aspire to be at. I'm sorry if that view causes you distress but I would be grateful if you could refrain from the personal insults, it does the debate no favours what so ever. As we are communicating exclusively via 'text' you are choosing to see a 'tone' in my replies which may not necessarily be there.

A rather prickly response there. I would assume that Nigel also feels Vardy has struggled to adapt and that is why he sought an additional striker. I hardly feel Vardy has been slated, I believe I've employed the phrase 'not very good' which I hardly feel constitutes a slating. I also don't believe (last weeks penalty aside which drew much opprobrium from others, not I) anyone is seeking to place the ills of the world on Vardy's shoulders. Rather folks are expressing mild disappointment that the gap in ability between our best front two and Vardy is larger than we would wish.

In my opinion I think Vardy is not, and never will be, good enough for the level we are at nor the level we aspire to be at. I'm sorry if that view causes you distress but I would be grateful if you could refrain from the personal insults, it does the debate no favours what so ever. As we are communicating exclusively via 'text' you are choosing to see a 'tone' in my replies which may not necessarily be there.

I agree, I apologise for the personal stuff and I do hope you in turn maybe think about the sarchastic and condescending tone which you employ that riles people?

I agree, I apologise for the personal stuff and I do hope you in turn maybe think about the sarchastic and condescending tone which you employ that riles people?

I'm afraid I cannot and I am sure Oscar Wilde will explain why. Also as I have stated I feel much of this is due to your "imperfect conceits" and "nature's plague To spy into abuses, and oft ... Shapes faults that are not"

But apology accepted, and let us speak of this no more.

I'm afraid I cannot and I am sure Oscar Wilde will explain why. Also as I have stated I feel much of this is due to your "imperfect conceits" and "nature's plague To spy into abuses, and oft ... Shapes faults that are not"

But apology accepted, and let us speak of this no more.

Oh to have such an overinflated opinion of oneself, no humility or ability to take a look in the mirror......shame that but sadly no more than I expected.

Oh to have such an overinflated opinion of oneself, no humility or ability to take a look in the mirror......shame that but sadly no more than I expected.

I think Fleckney's reply to you was pretty fair mate to be honest..

He comes across as a bright bloke, with a sense of humour if you read him as such.

:thumbup:

IMO.

As I'd seen Vardy play numerous times for Fleetwood. I was more than happy we managed to hold off numerous other Championship clubs to gain his signature.

We definitely have'nt seen the best of him yet and is more than capable at our current level and I think it's more our tactics and style of play not doesn't suit his own and its taking him more time than usual to adjust, remember Vardy was late on turning pro and at all his clubs prior he was the star man who made things happen so managers made the tactics to meet Vardy's abilities.

A loan move to a lower championship side were he can get games week in week out would do him the world of good but I still think he'll come good in this league given a bit more time but whether that's with us or another Championship team remains to be seen.

As I'd seen Vardy play numerous times for Fleetwood. I was more than happy we managed to hold off numerous other Championship clubs to gain his signature.

We definitely have'nt seen the best of him yet and is more than capable at our current level and I think it's more our tactics and style of play not doesn't suit his own and its taking him more time than usual to adjust, remember Vardy was late on turning pro and at all his clubs prior he was the star man who made things happen so managers made the tactics to meet Vardy's abilities.

A loan move to a lower championship side were he can get games week in week out would do him the world of good but I still think he'll come good in this league given a bit more time but whether that's with us or another Championship team remains to be seen.

Are you advocating building a team around him (not necessarily ours but as you say a loan club) in order for him to come good?

Are you advocating building a team around him (not necessarily ours but as you say a loan club) in order for him to come good?

Sounds similar to what people were saying about Beckford this time last year.

I think Fleckney's reply to you was pretty fair mate to be honest..

He comes across as a bright bloke, with a sense of humour if you read him as such.

:thumbup:

IMO.

Col I've never doubted that he's a bright bloke and I've always been an advocate of welcoming the varying opinions however controversial. I got riled admittedly, not over the point of view it was the nature of the delivery and tone that I rose too the talking down to people.I may have read hiis posts wrong? Hope so.

Col I've never doubted that he's a bright bloke and I've always been an advocate of welcoming the varying opinions however controversial. I got riled admittedly, not over the point of view it was the nature of the delivery and tone that I rose too the talking down to people.I may have read hiis posts wrong? Hope so.

Do you consider my tone patronising and condescending? (That means talking down to someone by the way.)

Archived