Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Vardy

Definitely. He's cost us a few points, already this season with his misses. He nearly cost us a couple more and has hardly ever looked comfortable at this level. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets moved on in the summer, whatever league we're in.

You can't just ignore it, if people make mistakes or perform badly then they should be looked at even if we win the game. I like Vardy but I'm not pleased about his foul tonight although it seems it was a harsh decision.

Agreed. It's a major talking point we can't pretend it didn't happen. I'm glad we won but Vardy is just a passenger.

Stonewall penalty.

Would have felt real sorry for him if they had scored because of the impending witch-hunt. Turns out he will get one of those anyway.

Terrible challenge, what is important is if he can learn from it or not. I would have put Waghorn on personally but meh.

So just because we win you can't discuss any bad points? Nigel will not be forgetting what vardy did in a hurry. I imagine there was a few words said to him after the match and rightly so. Kasper is just incredible though! Best keeper we've had in donkeys.

I bet Pearson didnt make any kind of scene about it.

It was a stupid challenge but he got away with it and I bet he'll never do it again!

Don't get the just move on. I imagine a lot of people who think just move on would be going mad if it had cost us 2 points. I think the lad gets some unfair stick sometimes, so I understand why people stick up for him, but it was a stupid tackle to attempt and this time it's justified.

Yes we won and a very important one but lets be honest a challage like that in his own box in the 90th min is mad!! I'm sure he will learn from that though and instead of critizing Vardy lets praise Kasper :thumbup:

Oh **** off! Why do we have to moan about something! The penalty was saved and added to the drama making the night even more special! Vary is not the first and won't be the last player to naively go down on a difficult pitch and a player go over like a sack of shit!

Now enjoy the win and stop whining!

I would have been more inclined to blame Nige for bringing him on. Weird substitution. We were one up and obviously going to be under pressure. We needed calmer, wiser heads like Nugent who was playing well. Why bring on an out of form and frustrated Vardy who was obviously going to be snapping around trying too hard to make an impact? He did a few things wrong and then going for a scissor-kick tackle in the box was just suicidal. It was absolutely the wrong time for him to be brought onto the pitch.

If Nige wanted to give Nuge a rest and Vardy some game time he should have waited until next week when it's relatively unimportant.

Pearson needs to look at himself before having a go at Vardy. If he was under instruction to sit so deep then Pearson nearly reaped what he had sown.

There was no need for us to retreat so far back. They were free to bloody waltz to the edge of our box as our second striker was stood 18 ft out half the time, something like that was going to happen.

Waghorn should also have come on in that situation as his hold up play is far superior to Vardy's.

Archived