Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Vardy

Did I bollox....... :frusty:

I suggested that in a different formation he could have been eased into a more difficult and competitive league by playing in a less demanding role and possibly becoming a better player because of it. It didn't happen which I said I thought was a shame.

Where did I suggest changing formation to accomodate him?........ :dunno:

I quite explicity said we can not play anything other than 4-4-2...... :doh:

Erm, there.

Erm, there.

Past tense...... :thumbup:

Just making the point that in different circumstances he might have done better, to both his and our benefit.

No way should we change formation to accomodate him at this stage of the season.

Though given how ineffective our wide men can be on occasion, I thought it might be worth giving him a game on the left (in a 4-4-2). Certainly has the energy and the work rate to do the job, might take some pressure off him too........ :dunno:

Past tense...... :thumbup:

Just making the point that in different circumstances he might have done better, to both his and our benefit.

No way should we change formation to accomodate him at this stage of the season.

Though given how ineffective our wide men can be on occasion, I thought it might be worth giving him a game on the left (in a 4-4-2). Certainly has the energy and the work rate to do the job, might take some pressure off him too........ :dunno:

Our benefit? I doubt it.

Knockaert has a lot of growing up to do but he's that talanted I'd say if he's fit, he plays, preferrable on the left.

Marshall isn't playing as well as he did last season but still contributes. is an exciting young talent, and needs to play.

Both of them have scored more goals from the wing than Vardy has from up front. He's not got the touch to be a winger and he hasn't got the skill to be a winger.

Looks like you did, to refresh your memory you were agreeing with a post suggesting we should swap our formation to put Vardy on the left hand side of a front three.

Ermmm... Well he said about replacing Dyer with Vardy, and as Dyer has been playing on the left of a 4 in midfield that would imply that Vardy would be playing there. I won't bother quoting what people say in future, I'll just repeat exactly what they say, so you know exactly what I'm saying if its better for you :rolleyes:

In fairness, you tend to put across some pretty coherent arguements but my word, you love to go looking for arguements don't you?

Both of them have scored more goals from the wing than Vardy has from up front.

Well you can make anyone look worse than they are if you talk absolute dribble instead of getting your facts right.

Vardy was garbage yesterday and the 1 thing i would expect is effort and i dont think he even put much of than in either.

Not good enough to be part of our promotion push.

If we have have to resort to waghorn and vardy as a front2 in league game we have problems.

If anything we should have played waghorn with wood so they got game time together.

Morning all, early start today so before I head off......

Just trying to make the point that leading the line for a top championship side is a big step up for a player who has never played above conference level.

In different circumstances, perhaps with a different club, he could have been eased into this level by being given a less exposed role as a wide man in a 4-3-3 type system, had that happened we might have seen a different player.

But under NFP we play 4-4-2 so it was unlikely to happen, he was thrown into the deep end and hasn't made it, I still think that is a shame.

Time to move on....... :(

EVERY player was poor in the first half yesterday. I do like Vardy and if anyone knows anything about Pearson you will know he wont leave him out the squad when he's fit he's Pearsons player.My thoughts now being able to see him a few times maybe the jump was to high for him but if Pearson thinks he's good for the squad he'll keep him.

Buying vardy was a gamble, and he did start ok for us. However, since we moved up the gears, Vardy has been left behind. His tackle for the penalty against Boro was a shocker, you wouldnt even see that in the Sunday League! But it is more than that. That tackle summed up Vardy at the moment, clumsy and lacking class. I dont think we should write him off yet, as the step up was massive. You can see the odd glimmer with him, so I would ship him out on loan.

It`s all very well everyone crowing on about Wood and Nugent, but we need a couple of decent reserve strikers who can change the game. Futacs can do this, but we dont have another option. Waghorn isnt, and never will be a goalscorer, he can deliver a great set piece or corner, but thats the sum of his game.

As soon as the Waghorn / Vardy strike `force` was named yesterday I knew that we would struggle to score. Imagine Waghorn or vardy in the prem! Yikes!!!

Ermmm... Well he said about replacing Dyer with Vardy, and as Dyer has been playing on the left of a 4 in midfield that would imply that Vardy would be playing there. I won't bother quoting what people say in future, I'll just repeat exactly what they say, so you know exactly what I'm saying if its better for you :rolleyes:

In fairness, you tend to put across some pretty coherent arguements but my word, you love to go looking for arguements don't you?

It's a forum be a bit boring without debate (not arguement)

It would of depended which part of the post you were argreeing with when you said spot on, although that would normally imply all of it. Hence my dismisall of the 4-3-3 bit.

If anyone should replace Dyer it should be Knockaert not Vardy, with Marshall on the right. Furthest thing from a winger at the club.

Well you can make anyone look worse than they are if you talk absolute dribble instead of getting your facts right.

Oh dear I should learn to not mess with you and your extensive stat searches shouldn't I!

I'll give him one thing Mark he was better than Martyn yesterday.

Adrenaline will get you so far but once that's gone you find your level.

Vardy's touch and timing have been out since the seasons openers (see his mistimed headed attempts in the first two games) but he was able to counter this with enthusiasm and his opponents not knowing his game. A few games later, the scouts have all seen him, the adrenaline has gone and he's marginally slower to things but still has the poor touch and timing. He starts first time passing when in shooting positions as his confidence to shoot has gone and he weighs in with assists. Then these dry up.

A 2 league jump is exceptionally difficult, takes most players years to progress, that's time we don't have. Vardy's missed out on years of day to day professional coaching on the basics and it is now showing.

In the high pressure environment we're now in we can't afford to let too many learn as they go.

I'd like to see him go out on loan for a month, no more, to a Championship or League One side keen to give him game time. If he regains his confidence he could yet be useful.

So far, though, it's been a fairly dismal start for him. I've seen the glimmers of hope, but not nearly enough as of yet.

Give him a break. He's a young lad and will get the right coaching to improve. The lads are one for all and all for one. We should be too, but attackers defending in your own box always makes me nervous.

He's 26.

In order to possibly improve he needs games. We cannot afford to give him games.

It's looking like a gamble which hasn't paid off. Our own Freddy Eastwood. Our own Aaron McLean.

Waghorn has two things over vardy:

1) Age - Has potential to improve

2) Proven Goalscorer- in the past he has proved he can deliver.

Vardy however has neither of them.

The biggest attribute Waggy has over Vardy is his first touch. With Waggy it's not brilliant, but not bad. And Waggy's size means he can shield the ball pretty well. Vardy's touch is not of sufficient standard for a promotion chasing side.

IMO.

In my opinion, Waghorn was going through a massive bad patch, then he suddenly improved, and now seems to be hitting some decent form again. Waghorn when on form can be a danger, he can hold the ball up, can find the net and can link up well with others. The problem I am finding with Vardy atm is his first touch and finishing, both of those aspects are very poor, and if you want to cut it at this level, you need to do both of those things well, but Vardy doesn't. He is progressively getting worse, instead of getting better, he looked decent at the start of the season, but over the past months he has really struggled, and has become nothing more than a bench player, who might not be capable of playing at this level.

For the sake of his career, and game time he needs a loan move to League 1, he really needs to prove himself at a lower level, Championship has been too much of a step for him, and he hasn't been able to hack it.

I'd like to see him go out on loan for a month, no more, to a Championship or League One side keen to give him game time. If he regains his confidence he could yet be useful.

So far, though, it's been a fairly dismal start for him. I've seen the glimmers of hope, but not nearly enough as of yet.

His start was encouraging, first six weeks/two months he looked good, scored a few goals and linked well with Nugent.

Since October he's just not hit any sort of form.

Archived