Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Vardy

Dont rate him and have to say I cringe everytime he is brought on. Going from non league to top championship level in a season is ridiculous! Lacks major experience and need loaning out to a club like Notts County. Afraid all he has done of note recently is concede a penalty.

60, he will never play a full 90 minutes again in my opinion, unless we give him a run out in the Under 21 league.

Maybe Vardy is my next victim haha, he is not good enough.

Alan Smith joined us from Alvechurch, granted for about 15k if memory serves me right, he went on to be great for us Arsenal and England, believe me he was not great for a considerable period of time! Half a bloody season after a massive step up and you and others are crucifying the guy :nono: He's struggled against peoples unrealistic expectations and I include myself in that! Though I do think he is far from shocking and with more time, experience and learning from Nuge and Wood he could yet be that handful and an important contributor, who knows? Who next?... Chris Wood because he didn't score in a game?

Alan Smith joined us from Alvechurch, granted for about 15k if memory serves me right, he went on to be great for us Arsenal and England, believe me he was not great for a considerable period of time! Half a bloody season after a massive step up and you and others are crucifying the guy :nono: He's struggled against peoples unrealistic expectations and I include myself in that! Though I do think he is far from shocking and with more time, experience and learning from Nuge and Wood he could yet be that handful and an important contributor, who knows? Who next?... Chris Wood because he didn't score in a game?

Alan Smith is before my time.

Will never slag Chris Wood off, as he scores goals, Vardy doesn't and his performances as a whole have not been good enough for some time, that's why I am criticising him

BTS, you say that like its an unlikely event; you know that there will be people attacking Wood because he didn't score! lol

I'm not one of these people who think players go home and cry if they get booed. I doubt someone like vardy gives a shit if a few people boo him. But if it helps reinforce that making ludicrous challenges in your own box which could cost you the game and therefore promotion is not something you should do then I'm all for it. I don't boo club legends but then club legends don't become club legends by flying around recklessly in their own penalty area. Legends can be forgiven for an occasional mistake but the right to be forgiven for stupidity is earned not assumed. I wouldn't have booed vardy personally if I was there last night but I could understand if some people did.

Firstly, I think he's aware he made a mistake. I'm sure he'd have seen it back after the game and thought 'wtf was I thinking?' In fact, I'm sure he thought that immediately after the challenge. He had a rush of blood and had a mare. Do you really think that booing him as he enters the field is the thing that's going to make him realise he made a mistake?

Secondly, Steve Walsh gave away a penalty in a play-off final FFS. And yeh Speedie did go down very easily but still, he stupidly put his arm across him. Not only that, the bloke was involved in numerous stupid sending offs. He holds the joint record for the amount of sending offs! Vardy's made one ridiculous challenge that didn't even cost us in the end. In fact, no doubt saving a last minute penalty would have given Schmeichel and maybe even other players and fans a confidence boost.

So I don't think being reckless and stupid occassionally (or once) should make you into a piraya. If Vardy had banged in 20 goals this season would people still have booed him for that stupid mistake?

I'm sure he didn't go home and cry last night, but you're just dodging the issue. I'm asking you what's the justification, what's the point, what makes people dislike him so much that they'd want to boo him?

Alan Smith is before my time.

Will never slag Chris Wood off, as he scores goals, Vardy doesn't and his performances as a whole have not been good enough for some time, that's why I am criticising him

[/quote I actually think the lad shows some real quality touches He's that split second out with his decision making and wants to do so well so badly he's trying too hard. I say cut him some slack and be realistic. personally feel the price tag is whats leading to the uncalled for vitriol and thats not his fault!

[/quote I actually think the lad shows some real quality touches He's that split second out with his decision making and wants to do so well so badly he's trying too hard. I say cut him some slack and be realistic. personally feel the price tag is whats leading to the uncalled for vitriol and thats not his fault!

I'm pretty sure it's the fact that he's not very good which is the source of many complaints.

Personally I don't think half a season is long enough,time will tell in a positive way I hope.

Does that mean Knockaert isn't any good then as he's not been here long enough?

It's not a personal slight against Vardy, he's probably a lovely chap who is kind to animals and sorts his waste for recycling. Sadly, as a championship striker he's not very good, he's very good at non league though. In the grand scheme of things that's something he can be happy with.

The flak Vardy's getting from some people (who are clearly in the minority on here) is not justified.

Granted, the step up from the Conference/League Two was a big ask, yet I can see him offering something special. And I don't mean his particular way of tackling.

You don't score four goals in 21 games two levels higher up than your regular standard of play when you don't have a certain potential.

Ideally, I'd love to see him loaned out so he can gain valuable match practice. There's no point in playing him on a regular basis with Nugent, Wood, Waghorn, Futacs, Gallagher and possibly Schlupp all fit and available up front.

He hasn't had a lot of chances and was unlucky to some extent when he was made a temporary starter earlier on in the season. Didn't work out partnering Beckford up front. But who's going to blame him for that?

I'm glad we've got him and he's more than just Kermorgant.

The flak Vardy's getting from some people (who are clearly in the minority on here) is not justified.

Granted, the step up from the Conference/League Two was a big ask, yet I can see him offering something special. And I don't mean his particular way of tackling.

You don't score four goals in 21 games two levels higher up than your regular standard of play when you don't have a certain potential.

Ideally, I'd love to see him loaned out so he can gain valuable match practice. There's no point in playing him on a regular basis with Nugent, Wood, Waghorn, Futacs, Gallagher and possibly Schlupp all fit and available up front.

He hasn't had a lot of chances and was unlucky to some extent when he was made a temporary starter earlier on in the season. Didn't work out partnering Beckford up front. But who's going to blame him for that?

I'm glad we've got him and he's more than just Kermorgant.

There is no shame in signing a player who is not good enough. It's not game time, it's technique he lacks, loaning him out to another club is not the answer. Most supporters hope that next year we will be another league higher than this, that sadly will be yet another jump up and away from Vardy's ability or 'potential' ability.

He's not good enough for now and he won't be good enough for then. We took a risk, it hasn't worked out this time, lets not be sentimental.

Vardy unfortunately is not good enough for this level, if you look at players that have come up through the lower leagues, they've always showed signs that they've got it, vardy doesn't, how anyone can think he's good enough is beyond me, what has he actually done that proves he is? I'm all for giving him a chance but he's had his chance, I reckon nigel knows he made a mistake with vardy but can't loan or sell him because that shows it was a mistake, it was a hell of a risk spending 1 million on a unproven non league striker anyway, but if he suddenly does come good then I'll hold my hands up but in my opinion he isn't anyway near the level of wood, nugent, waghorn or even futacs to be honest

Vardy is awful, anyone who still defends him as having 'potential' with more than half the season gone is a joke, why an earth he didnt go out on loan during this transfer window astounds me

Great idea! Lets send him on loan when Jeff might leave also and leave ourself with Waggy and Futaks who have about 4 between them all season. Great idea! How did Pearson miss this?

Great idea! Lets send him on loan when Jeff might leave also and leave ourself with Waggy and Futaks who have about 4 between them all season. Great idea! How did Pearson miss this?

I would play Waggy or Futacs over Vardy in a heartbeat.

Im dont have the stats to hand but Im sure their goals per game record is much superior to Vardys.

And to those who say Nige has retained faith in Vardy, no he hasn't. When he first came, he was in our starting 11, and is now a bit part player used in games where we are resting others.

Does that mean Knockaert isn't any good then as he's not been here long enough?

It's not a personal slight against Vardy, he's probably a lovely chap who is kind to animals and sorts his waste for recycling. Sadly, as a championship striker he's not very good, he's very good at non league though. In the grand scheme of things that's something he can be happy with.

We are talking about Vardy not Knocky, some players take longer than others to adapt so drop the sarchastic obnoxious crap . I'd rather take NPs judgement than the morons still finding stuff to slate even when we are sitting 2nd in the table. Get a life.

Archived