Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Vardy

Jamie Vardy was playing Blue Square football, Lambert made his name at Bristol Rovers in League 1, then proved himself at Southampton in League 1, helped them get promoted, and then adjusted to Championship football. Grant Holt, very good season in League 2, stepped up to League 1 proved himself in League 1, then became a hit in the Championship. Those two players proved themselves at League 1 /League 2 level, Vardy hasn't because he has climbed three divisions, he hasn't proved himself in League 1 or League 2.

Waghorn 23, did well in his loan spell when he was 19-20?

Vardy straight into this league at the wrong side of 20.

If people think Vardy will improve, then they are deluded.

A 26 year old striker on the wrong side of 20, who has climbed three divisions and is struggling to adapt, it will never work, it's £1 million wasted.

Fair enough but you said he was't going to improve at 26, I was just pointing out it is possible to improve as a player at any age!

All you have shown is that small progressions up the league ladder give players the time to adapt, I think he need to be give a little longer the half a season to adapt to this level.

Fair enough but you said he was't going to improve at 26, I was just pointing out it is possible to improve as a player at any age!

All you have shown is that small progressions up the league ladder give players the time to adapt, I think he need to be give a little longer the half a season to adapt to this level.

He could really do with going somewhere else for the time being. Your not going to adapt to anything if your not playing and I wouldn't have him any where near our first team at the minute.

He could really do with going somewhere else for the time being. Your not going to adapt to anything if your not playing and I wouldn't have him any where near our first team at the minute.

Fair point but the odd cameo from the subs bench would help, I would like to see him go a league league 1 team to get some confidence back.

Half a season is hardly any time for someone making the big step up JV has! Sometimes it can take longer. His attitude and work ethic are unquestionable, so why destroy someone that is lacking confidence and is trying. Oh yes because he's not quite clicked yet lets kick the fvcker while he's down. I'm not saying he's not lacking, especaly when you compare him to Nuge & Wood, however I'll take NPs judgement (effort, attitude, commitment) over some of the moronic slagging of Vardy any day.

Half a season is hardly any time for someone making the big step up JV has! Sometimes it can take longer. His attitude and work ethic are unquestionable, so why destroy someone that is lacking confidence and is trying. Oh yes because he's not quite clicked yet lets kick the fvcker while he's down. I'm not saying he's not lacking, especaly when you compare him to Nuge & Wood, however I'll take NPs judgement (effort, attitude, commitment) over some of the moronic slagging of Vardy any day.

Unusually harsh mi ode.

Some of us just think he might not have what it takes?

Not completely sure yet though..

:thumbup:

Unusually harsh mi ode.

Some of us just think he might not have what it takes?

Not completely sure yet though..

Wasn't talking about people with considered opinions Col, It's the "sell him" "fvck him off now" type comments I find incredulous! Half a season at a level way above his previous standard is no time atall,I just personally think he can learn being around our quality first choice two and hopefully gain confidence with some impact appearances

It make me cringe how certain fans think they no bettter than the manager !!!

Im old enough to remember a young Gary Lineker putting in some totally inept performances

His speciality being a shot so off target the ball was never seen again at either end of Filbert Street

Give the lad a break

Your banging the same drum again mate.

It's not all vitriol, just discussion.

IMO Vardy has been a bit of a let down, mainly because of my expectation of the player.

As things stand currently, he's been quite an expensive flop. If he was bought for the future, I can't see him as a potential prem player. I really can't.

I've heard him called more or less every name under the sun over the past few weeks. I've heard our own fans say we should bomb him out of the club after 16 starts. If me 'banging the same drum' is disagreeing with the abuse directed at one of our own, then I'll keep on banging that drum until the scapegoating and the abuse and the endless blame-game stops.

I've never said I think he's been bought for future. I never said he's a potential Premier League player. I've never disagreed that he hasn't lived up to the expectation that's been placed on his shoulders. He was obviously brought in as a bit of a gamble and that gamble hasn't paid off - sometimes they don't, that's football. But why does that mean we have to get on his back and bomb him out of the club? Why does he have to leave the club now because he hasn't lived up to expectations? Why does it have to be so black and white with some posters on this forum? He might not be the star striker we wanted, but he's a decent option off the bench if Nugent or Wood hit a bad patch - which people seem to think they're incapable of at the minute - or get injured. He obviously wasn't brought in to be back up, but that doesn't mean he can't do a good job as a back-up/occasional option off the bench now.

It's not ALL vitriol...

The clue is in the wording..

Im not sure what it is but for some reason I have a built up anger deep down for him. He seems a lovely guy just down on his luck, but I really want him to **** off.

It's not all vitriol, just the vast majority. Case in point - what the **** is that all about Lambert?

Fair point but the odd cameo from the subs bench would help, I would like to see him go a league league 1 team to get some confidence back.

Doesn't seem to be helping to me, he's been average at best coming off the bench, and worst nearly cost us 2 points.

At a club in more of a position to gamble on him and give him so game time maybe he might improve.

I can't see it as he does lack basic attributes of a league footballer in the passing and touch department from what I've seen I'm totally unconvinced he'd score a lot, even in League One, but I'd like to see him given the opportunity. He must of managed to score 40 odd goals somehow.

Im not sure what it is but for some reason I have a built up anger deep down for him. He seems a lovely guy just down on his luck, but I really want him to **** off.

Can't believe some of these quotes

I'll say now that I'm a little disappointed with how some of his performances have panned out, I was foolishly expecting more of him at the start of the season giving his previous goalscoring record BUT - as has been pointed out by many - it's a massive step up for any player, he was given an opportunity and of course he accepted it. He plays his heart out and never stops working, and usually we give praise to this kind of player.

I can't see him getting many league starts for now that's warranted - we have better options. But does that mean we should abuse him and tell him to f*** off? I'd love it if your bosses at work gave you the same treatment, purely because they've seen your colleagues work a bit more efficiently

I.M.O Vardy should be sent out on loan to a league 1 club.

Get his confidence back up & his fitness because from the start of the season he has stopped working his balls off .

Wether thats because he considers himself a big time charlie now he is at a football league club now i don't know but on current form i wouldn't have him in my 18 man squad.

I.M.O Vardy should be sent out on loan to a league 1 club.

Get his confidence back up & his fitness because from the start of the season he has stopped working his balls off .

Wether thats because he considers himself a big time charlie now he is at a football league club now i don't know but on current form i wouldn't have him in my 18 man squad.

I'd imagine it has more to do with injuries and illnesses he had than anything else, prior to those I thought he was doing ok.

It make me cringe how certain fans think they no bettter than the manager !!!

Im old enough to remember a young Gary Lineker putting in some totally inept performances

His speciality being a shot so off target the ball was never seen again at either end of Filbert Street

Give the lad a break

Coming from the poster that criticizes Wellens at every opportunity in another thread.

Was doing well until injury/ilness. Needs a run of games to get his form back which understandably he won't get at the moment. First touch is sometimes poor but it's a big step up. Workrate phenomenal. Still like to see him in the squad. Anyone who criticises him should give the lad a break.

Did anybody hear boo'ing when Vardy came on last night? I sit in A1, opposite corner to the away fans, and heard a measurable amount of booo's.... Do we really have to boo our own players, when second in the league and winning?

Evidently we do.

Ok he might not be good enough in the long run, but what if he comes on and has a decent game? How ridiculous would it look then?

He deserved some boos for that stupid challenge last week. He's mid-20s, not some kid, he should be able to handle a few boos especially when he has done something so idiotic.

Another fairly nondescript performance from him last night, on the wing as well where some have said he is at his best.

He deserved some boos for that stupid challenge last week. He's mid-20s, not some kid, he should be able to handle a few boos especially when he has done something so idiotic.

Another fairly nondescript performance from him last night, on the wing as well where some have said he is at his best.

We shouldn't boo our own players when entering the field of play. It's pathetic and achieves nothing.

Yeah he wasn't great last night, he did only play 15 minutes though.

We shouldn't boo our own players when entering the field of play. It's pathetic and achieves nothing.

Yeah he wasn't great last night, he did only play 15 minutes though.

Agree with most of this. I think it's unfair to judge if a player has had a good game if he's only played for 15 minutes.

Archived