Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Vardy

Waghorn has two things over vardy:

1) Age - Has potential to improve

2) Proven Goalscorer- in the past he has proved he can deliver.

Vardy however has neither of them.

I think proven goal scorer is stretching it a bit, 20 goals in 105 Leicester appearances (8 in 53 since he signed full time).

He definitely improved after that prolonged run in the side, but that only yielded 3 goals. Not exactly prolific.

Vardy will be given another season with us if we do not go up and NP is still here.

If we go up the only way Vardy will stay is if he proves himself worthy of a shot in the premiership and thats looking less and less likely. I'm surprised NP has him ahead of Futacs in the pecking order right now.

For me he is 5th choice striker for now but we should hang on to him for now.

If I ever hear ''he's young'' again then I will smash my head through my laptop.

He's bloody 26. How thick can people be.

I'm all for supporting players but he is terrible, needs to go back to the BSP

He would probably look out of place at Oldham, not even kidding

Ah, how lovely to read so much vitriol aimed at one of our own players.

It was a gamble. When we signed him he could have been the next Steve Morison, or Chris Smalling, or Charlie Austin. Sometimes gambles don't pay off. However, it's not like we need him to lead the line, we've got Nugent and Wood who are both bang in form - so for the odd appearance off the bench, Vardy is good enough. He's a decent squad player. I don't know why we always have to try and hound players out of the club who are going through a poor spell.

It was a gamble. When we signed him he could have been the next Steve Morison, or Chris Smalling, or Charlie Austin. Sometimes gambles don't pay off. However, it's not like we need him to lead the line, we've got Nugent and Wood who are both bang in form - so for the odd appearance off the bench, Vardy is good enough. He's a decent squad player. I don't know why we always have to try and hound players out of the club who are going through a poor spell.

James had it earlier in the season then Waghorn, hopefully Vardy like James can prove them all wrong.

James had it earlier in the season then Waghorn, hopefully Vardy like James can prove them all wrong.

Difference is that Matty James is a good footballer who was going through a bad spell, Jamie vardy is a crap footballer, who is so far out of his depth it is painful.

I really don't understand all this hatred towards Vardy. He's just jumped a fair few levels of competitive football, had injuries in the meantime to boot, and recently has quite understandably been kept out of the side by the frankly formidable strike partnership of Nugent and Wood. He was a gamble, and remains so, but If he gets some confidence I still think he can come good, even if only as a substitute.

In addition, I'm pretty sure the Fleetwood fans mentioned that they saw his best when he was cutting in from the wings? Perhaps that suggest that he's more suited to a wide 4-3-3, rather than the 4-4-2 that is currently producing success for us?

Consider the many details, fellow foxes, not the one or two that fit the bill to vilify/scapegoat him.

As for this...

Difference is that Matty James is a good footballer who was going through a bad spell, Jamie vardy is a crap footballer, who is so far out of his depth it is painful.

The rep is accidental, but for some reason I can't take it back. Grrr. I agree about James, but in no way about Vardy. Talk to the Fleetwood fans who were on here before, and to Nugent who was saying good things about him as a strike partner when he joined. He's really not a crap footballer, and we're yet to see if he is actually out of his depth.

Morrison. Welsh international. Really world class?

Smalling. Yet to convince a few utd fans.

Austin. When he scores 20 in the top flight let me know.

Just an opinion.

"May Develop" his legs will start to go in a few seasons he is 26! How much more development does he need?

If we got to the prem next season it would be embarrassing for the lad to have to come on and play, he would look more of of place than Steevey wonder in a specs avers advert

Your banging the same drum again mate.

It's not all vitriol, just discussion.

IMO Vardy has been a bit of a let down, mainly because of my expectation of the player.

As things stand currently, he's been quite an expensive flop. If he was bought for the future, I can't see him as a potential prem player. I really can't.

Your banging the same drum again mate.

It's not all vitriol, just discussion.

IMO Vardy has been a bit of a let down, mainly because of my expectation of the player.

As things stand currently, he's been quite an expensive flop. If he was bought for the future, I can't see him as a potential prem player. I really can't.

This.

I know we dont want headless chickens but my biggest problem on sat was that for someone given a chance he didn't seem that fussed.

Marshall for example isnt playing well but looks to get involved and have a go.

Vardy did nothing. In 5 mins wood and nugent looked dangerous. If vardy cant create anything against a poor side what hope in the premier.

If we had signed him in our l1 season it may have been the making of him. But i still think everyone was talking about him and we decided to go 1 step further on a shot to nothing almost. It hasnt worked. 5 months in l1 in a side like tranmere i think would tell us if we have any hope of him coming good.

This.

I know we dont want headless chickens but my biggest problem on sat was that for someone given a chance he didn't seem that fussed.

Marshall for example isnt playing well but looks to get involved and have a go.

Vardy did nothing. In 5 mins wood and nugent looked dangerous. If vardy cant create anything against a poor side what hope in the premier.

If we had signed him in our l1 season it may have been the making of him. But i still think everyone was talking about him and we decided to go 1 step further on a shot to nothing almost. It hasnt worked. 5 months in l1 in a side like tranmere i think would tell us if we have any hope of him coming good.

I agree...

I have it on decent authority that Vardy was a 'greedy' player at Fleetwood. He'd get a chance and take a punt and, of course, often scored.

I think he's had two problems since joining City. Firstly, because he's not now considered 'the top striker' I suggest he's found it difficult to evolve into that player. So many times we've seen him try to set somebody else up, rather than do what he did at Fleetwood, ie have the confidence to shoot and score himself.

Secondly, it's about time on the ball. A finisher will always remain a finisher, but in the Conference he had so much more time to set himself and pull the trigger. At this level, I think his relatively poor first touch is far more apparent.

Anyway, that's why I agree with you... Send him out on loan to a good league 1 side and let him regain his confidence by scoring more freely.

That's just my point of view on the player anyway.

If people think Vardy will improve, then they are deluded.

A 26 year old striker on the wrong side of 20, who has climbed three divisions and is struggling to adapt, it will never work, it's £1 million wasted.

He is not a Championship player, and hopefully more people start to realise that.

Can't believe people actually defended him, and let him off the hook after giving that penalty away against Middlesbrough, it was one of the worst substitute performance I have seen by a Leicester player in a while, he gave away stupid free kicks then a penalty, if they scored the penalty, more people would be on here now saying Vardy is a waste of space and is not good enough, just because Kasper saved it, doesn't mean you can let Vardy off the hook.

He has been shit for months, and is getting worse instead of better.

Would love it if he does develop but fear he isn't going to make it. As a club pushing for a place in the prem I don't see how we can give him too much more time to kick on and start banging them in. IMO given the level we play at and our promotion push we need him to play *now*. At 26 he's been given a chance of a lifetime to make it in the upper reaches in the league and needs to be emulating the Charlie Austins of the world.

His performance on Saturday was very disappointing, he should be playing out of his skin to stake a claim to a regular place. I know the service was poor but he needs to be showing more when his opportunities arise, he looks so far away from being as clinical as Nuge and Wood. He should be in his striking prime and probably would be at a lower level. Hope he proves me wrong but looks like he's bottled his big move.

If people think Vardy will improve, then they are deluded.

A 26 year old striker on the wrong side of 20, who has climbed three divisions and is struggling to adapt, it will never work, it's £1 million wasted.

He is not a Championship player, and hopefully more people start to realise that.

Can't believe people actually defended him, and let him off the hook after giving that penalty away against Middlesbrough, it was one of the worst substitute performance I have seen by a Leicester player in a while, he gave away stupid free kicks then a penalty, if they scored the penalty, more people would be on here now saying Vardy is a waste of space and is not good enough, just because Kasper saved it, doesn't mean you can let Vardy off the hook.

He has been shit for months, and is getting worse instead of better.

I would suggest you have a look at both Grant Holt and Rickie Lambert both league 1 & 2 players for around 9 years, before making the mark on Championship and PL just before turning 30!

I would suggest you have a look at both Grant Holt and Rickie Lambert both league 1 & 2 players for around 9 years, before making the mark on Championship and PL just before turning 30!

Jamie Vardy was playing Blue Square football, Lambert made his name at Bristol Rovers in League 1, then proved himself at Southampton in League 1, helped them get promoted, and then adjusted to Championship football. Grant Holt, very good season in League 2, stepped up to League 1 proved himself in League 1, then became a hit in the Championship. Those two players proved themselves at League 1 /League 2 level, Vardy hasn't because he has climbed three divisions, he hasn't proved himself in League 1 or League 2.

I'm sure I've seen you post that before. Quite a few times actually. How did that work out?

Waghorn 23, did well in his loan spell when he was 19-20?

Vardy straight into this league at the wrong side of 20.

I'd seen a bit of lambert at bristol and trust me he looked a hell of a better player than vardy. Still one we missed out on. Should have got him in our l1 season. When he was being touted for a million pound move.

Archived