Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Wolves game

Not at all lol

It's called making time and prioritising the football over anything else.

Dumb comment

Not at all you jebend. ST holders are simply the ones with the most free time and spare cash - I'd love to make every game but with a 6 hour round journey just to Leicester, evening games are out of the equation, and ticket prices + travel prices means one game is about two weeks worth of my budget - I can probably make 8-9 matches a season. That doesn't make me a less loyal supporter than you, so get off your high horse and get your retarded, xenophobic arse into the real world.

Not at all you jebend. ST holders are simply the ones with the most free time and spare cash - I'd love to make every game but with a 6 hour round journey just to Leicester, evening games are out of the equation, and ticket prices + travel prices means one game is about two weeks worth of my budget - I can probably make 8-9 matches a season. That doesn't make me a less loyal supporter than you, so get off your high horse and get your retarded, xenophobic arse into the real world.

If you were a REAL fan you'd live in one of the terrace houses where Filbert Street is.

Great, another who is the best fan thread. It's a bit of ego massaging from the club of fans who stump up their cash now knowing what they are going to see, that's it people.

I've had years I've not been to a single game, other years I've been to everyone home and away. It's not made me any less of a fan.

We're all fans, get over it people.

Great, another who is the best fan thread. It's a bit of ego massaging from the club of fans who stump up their cash now knowing what they are going to see, that's it people.

I've had years I've not been to a single game, other years I've been to everyone home and away. It's not made me any less of a fan.

We're all fans, get over it people.

Oh noooo. That's not true. You can only be a fan if you go to every game, Visit the KP everyday, Go on your holiday to Thailand and Wine and Dine Filbert on a regular basis. Sorry if you don't fit the criteria but you'll have to be let go.

Once again the club tries to do something for the fans and people moan, why is this offer only for season ticket holders? Why not, they have put more money into the club's bank account than most other fans this season. It is not just about loyalty, but the club can't measure how far away you live and how inconvenient it is for you to go to matches, they can only see who goes the most, and there will be rewarded whether it is promotions like this or priority for play off final tickets. It's just how it is.

Because the TV package Sky own, which came into force this season, includes 10 Thursday night matches as part of the deal.

One of the reasons we were on the Thursday night last season v Derby was because they had won the package and were experimenting with viewing figures.

But this & the Derby game are literally the only Thursday night games I remember in this league.

Such a beyond appalling day to have a football game. Can't say I'm surprised though, they have games on every single night now and they're becoming bigger games too. I can genuinely see morning games next.

Think we only have three more Saturday 3pm KO home games left this season or something like that?

Might have even had our last one. If we get through the next two rounds of the FA Cup then that's two of the remaining three moved and the other one is Watford on the last but one weekend, and that's looking a potentially big game now, could again be moved.

It really is a fvcking joke. Absolutely shocking stuff.

I shall be setting out for the ground Wednesday night, just in case it snows. That way I know I'll be there and won't be looked down on for "not trying".

If you go naked but daub yourself in blue and white paint ONLY then will you be deemed a LOYAL supporter

Ya bloody willy puller

Come round mine and look at my bank balance and tell me I've got lots of spare cash. Or look in the work thread on general chat for an idea of wages. Im not on a high horse either. I never said im a better fan. Stop judging someone when you dont know them.

Its an addiction and i live around this area for the reason i wouldn't want to do anything other on a Saturday. Granted i dont have kids but then there's a reason for that- city.

Thats what i mean by making priorities.

Do some research then come back on here

The bottom line is ST holders only get the most benefit out of their ticket by going to ALL of the games and 10% off the shop.

The ins and outs of being a ST holder or not is irrelevant.

Personally, I couldn't make the trip last Friday due to me almost losing my car on numerous occasions during my three and a half hour journey which normally takes 30 minutes home. Still, I made the decision to stay at home instead of go in and use my ST. Do I expect recompense for this? No. You just get on with it and go to the next game.

This £15 ticket incentive. So what? Irrelevant to me as a ST holder. All "incentives" are treated as such apart from the top line of my post.

If they want to offer incentives, proper old school incentives, shove a cup game on the ST like the good old days. Fact of the matter is, won't happen. Tough luck.

On the whole STHs are the more loyal, I'm not saying there aren't exceptions but the average STH will have demonstrated greater loyalty than a non-STH. The club can't be expected to assess everyone's individual situation and judge your loyalty from it so they just go on the basis that the average STH will be more loyal.

I can't imagine every fan would instantly buy a ST if they had more time and cash on their hands - I think you're very wrong to suggest that STHs are richer than those without, some people really do spend every penny they have left on match tickets.

On the whole STHs are the more loyal, I'm not saying there aren't exceptions but the average STH will have demonstrated greater loyalty than a non-STH. The club can't be expected to assess everyone's individual situation and judge your loyalty from it so they just go on the basis that the average STH will be more loyal.

I can't imagine every fan would instantly buy a ST if they had more time and cash on their hands - I think you're very wrong to suggest that STHs are richer than those without, some people really do spend every penny they have left on match tickets.

I see what you're saying, but I've always said that a millionaire who goes to every single home and away game is no better fan than someone who can only go once a month but spends his last £20 on a ticket. I can only assume its the wrong time of the month for Al

I know for a fact I'm not the only person who struggles financially but still has a ST. If it got to the point where I had to sacrifice something, the ST would be last. (this doesn't make me a bigger fan by the way, a bigger mug possibly)

Some people are like me, others decide their ST would be the first thing gone.

I was just a bit bewildered by Big Al's rant. Especially calling me right wing, and then a 'retard'

Embarassing really

I see what you're saying, but I've always said that a millionaire who goes to every single home and away game is no better fan than someone who can only go once a month but spends his last £20 on a ticket. I can only assume its the wrong time of the month for Al

I know for a fact I'm not the only person who struggles financially but still has a ST. If it got to the point where I had to sacrifice something, the ST would be last. (this doesn't make me a bigger fan by the way, a bigger mug possibly)

Some people are like me, others decide their ST would be the first thing gone.

I was just a bit bewildered by Big Al's rant. Especially calling me right wing, and then a 'retard'

Embarassing really

I agree with you, these millionaires are just some of the exceptions to the rule I mentioned.

Plus, I don't see how spending a lot on something you really love can be considered stupid (provided you're still able to pay your bills! :P)

Suffice to say I completely disagree. Being a STH means nothing more than that you have the spare time and cash to make enough games to justify buying one.

Was I more loyal in 2007 when I had a season ticket than now? Not at all - I just didn't have to contend with bills, work & travel costs then.

As for them being richer - I didn't say that, I said they have the disposable income to afford it, be that due to cutting out other aspects of their life or elsewise.

Suffice to say I completely disagree. Being a STH means nothing more than that you have the spare time and cash to make enough games to justify buying one.

Was I more loyal in 2007 when I had a season ticket than now? Not at all - I just didn't have to contend with bills, work & travel costs then.

As for them being richer - I didn't say that, I said they have the disposable income to afford it, be that due to cutting out other aspects of their life or elsewise.

I'd prefer it if you didn't use specific examples as there are undoubtedly exceptions to the rule as I have already said - picking out individual examples doesn't address the entire issue, it's about everyone here and not just the circumstances of certain individuals. In any case I wasn't making a blanket statement about all STHs being more loyal than those without but in general they are.

Your last point about cutting costs in order to afford a ST- does everyone do that? No. People make a concious decision on what to prioritise and that can be a tough one to make, surely if you put your club first in this situation then you deserve the benefits that come with a ST?

I'd prefer it if you didn't use specific examples as there are undoubtedly exceptions to the rule as I have already said - picking out individual examples doesn't address the entire issue, it's about everyone here and not just the circumstances of certain individuals. In any case I wasn't making a blanket statement about all STHs being more loyal than those without but in general they are.

Your last point about cutting costs in order to afford a ST- does everyone do that? No. People make a concious decision on what to prioritise and that can be a tough one to make, surely if you put your club first in this situation then you deserve the benefits that come with a ST?

You appear to have missed the point - there are a number of reasons people might not have season tickets, and loyalty is far from top of that list.

Hence the bit of the line that said or elsewise - I didn't say everyone cuts costs to afford a season ticket.

You appear to have missed the point - there are a number of reasons people might not have season tickets, and loyalty is far from top of that list.

Hence the bit of the line that said or elsewise - I didn't say everyone cuts costs to afford a season ticket.

There are a number of reasons why some people may not have one. Some of those reasons are because they don't rejig their lives in order to buy a STH.

Hope you've came off the rag now

Because you conciously make an effort to do so?

So does every fan in who is able to afford a ST go out out buy one? I cannot believe that to be true, some people just don't want to commit themselves to every home game.

People have differing views on football, some just aren't as passionate as others and that's fine but it does mean they'll be less willing to pay for a ST as they will place less value on it. I am well aware that there are people out there who only go to the big games and don't want to spend their time watching us play Barnsley at home, I imagine that some of these people have plenty of money but they choose not to go to every game because they simply aren't as passionate.

Archived