Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Huddersfield Match Thread (Cup)

Confirms what we already knew, priority is the league, no real surprise. That team is still good enough to do a job, most of you make it sound like we'll be playing with 10 men with Wellens in the squad, lets be honest you're taking your dislike for him a little too far.

Is that Joshua Jackson in your avatar??

as another poster has pointed out why risk denting the confidence of the team if we were to lose today with the first team players playing?

That sounds like a really desperate excuse if we were to lose this game. If their confidence is that fragile there is a much bigger problem. This team has lost games this season and it will lose more. A successful side will deal with the odd loss against a crap side, because that's football.

I also dont understand the 'resting' argument. They've not played in almost a week and we've not got a game on Tuesday.

If you want to say that certain players need/deserve some game time then fair enough. And if we win there will be no complaints. But I feel managers are often overly-cautious in games like this.

Insult to fans? I assume you're there then? I couldn't give a monkey's if some fans see it as an insult that Nige has played it tactically and avoided tiring our better players when we have a match on Thursday.

I can understand your point, but it's the FA flipping Cup, not the JPT. It's still a very serious competition for many fans.

With that midfield we should have Gally playing too.

I can understand your point, but it's the FA flipping Cup, not the JPT. It's still a very serious competition for many fans.

agreed

Everything that we've done well this season regardless of who's played... eg Nuge+Waggy or Nuge+Vardy & Drinky+King

We're just not doing so far

We're not pressing high, we're not on the front foot, we're not moving, we're not passing

I know the pitch is supposedly poor, but we need to get to grips & do that sort of stuff better

Guest BlueBrett

I think the rationale is that we will lose to a big team in a later round anyway so why bother? Then again Bradford City in the League Cup final says to me that we should believe we can go all the way so personally I'd play a strong team. Christmas fixture congestion is over now anyway.

Archived