Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Huddersfield Match Thread (Cup)

It's a good starting line-up and from a tactical point of view, makes more than just sense. Rest a large portion of the first-teamers that have helped us reach 2nd spot in the league, play the ones that didn't have a lot of chances to show what they're capable of.

A loss to Huddersfield with our regular starting line-up could've had serious consequences for our team morale and it would've gotten us rid of that stretch we're currently on.

If we win, fine. But then again, I wouldn't be too disheartened if we went out.

It's a good starting line-up and from a tactical point of view, makes more than just sense. Rest the majority of the first-teamers that have helped us reach 2nd spot in the league, play the ones that didn't have a lot of chances to show what they're capable of.

All the players that have come in apart from Wellens have had a good chance to show that this season, we know what Vardy, Waghorn and Dyer offer and it's not enough but they continue to get chances whilst Dodoo who apparently traveled doesn't even get a place on the bench as a reward for good form. We saw how this can work with Panayioutou last season at Leeds.

Personally I think you should put out your best side. It is an insult to fans who pay good money to watch otherwise. As for potential injury, well that could happen falling down the stairs or any day in training. Winning is a habit and everything to continue that should be done.

Ok so the league is the priority but there's no guarantee of promotion by resting your best players.

We might win with this side but if we do lose I think it will only confirm how thin on quality some areas of our squad is.

For those saying they don't mind if we lose I'm afraid I don't get that. I want my side to win every game and it hurts as much if we lose in the cup as it does in the league.

Personally I think you should put out your best side. It is an insult to fans who pay good money to watch otherwise. As for potential injury, well that could happen falling down the stairs or any day in training. Winning is a habit and everything to continue that should be done.

Ok so the league is the priority but there's no guarantee of promotion by resting your best players.

We might win with this side but if we do lose I think it will only confirm how thin on quality some areas of our squad is.

For those saying they don't mind if we lose I'm afraid I don't get that. I want my side to win every game and it hurts as much if we lose in the cup as it does in the league.

as another poster has pointed out why risk denting the confidence of the team if we were to lose today with the first team players playing?

hmmmm. This starting line up makes me nervous. Cant see where the attacking threat is coming from...

De Laet, Marshall, King, Dyer (if he's on it today) and Mr Hit the bar Waggy not enough of a threat for you? Make no bones about it this isn't our strongest possible team, but to say none of them are capable of doing damage is a lie.

Insult to fans? I assume you're there then? I couldn't give a monkey's if some fans see it as an insult that Nige has played it tactically and avoided tiring our better players when we have a match on Thursday.

All the players that have come in apart from Wellens have had a good chance to show that this season, we know what Vardy, Waghorn and Dyer offer and it's not enough but they continue to get chances whilst Dodoo who apparently traveled doesn't even get a place on the bench as a reward for good form. We saw how this can work with Panayioutou last season at Leeds.

You real are a negative sod.

Archived