Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Cup Replay Date

Surely it'll be 10 days from the date of the draw, ok theyy wont know the exact details but they'll know it will be one of two options so preliminary planning can be started.

Surely they won't even know we have a game on 5th round weekend? Is that not when we're due to play Blackburn, who are already through? That being the case they can't start selling tickets unless we win the replay, four days before the next round.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/260113-terriers-replay-date-confirmed-621161.aspx

City’s FA Cup with Budweiser Fourth Round Replay against Huddersfield Town will take place at King Power Stadium on Tuesday 12 February (kick-off 7.45pm).

The Foxes and the Terriers played out a 1-1 draw at the John Smith’s Stadium on Saturday, meaning a fourth meeting between the two sides this season will be required to determine who advances to the last 16.

The replay means that Leicester’s trip to Cardiff City in the npower Championship, scheduled to take place on the same night (Tuesday 12 February), will be rearranged. In addition, Blackburn Rovers’ progress in the FA Cup with Budweiser will mean their trip to King Power Stadium on Saturday 16 February will also be rescheduled

I would imagine the only thing they could do was perhaps move the game to the Sunday to give the extra day etc. But other than that I think its just going to be tough luck. But I agree, it is rubbish. Imagine if there had been multiple draws today and more tomorrow. Then every team would be facing this issue. Poor planning IMO by the FA

They used to play games on consecutive days in times gone by and replays from saturday games were played on the following Wednesday. It seems like the more developed we become as a country the more restrictive, controlled and incapable of spontaneity we are.

If we get through the replay I am pretty sure we won't play the 5th round on the following Saturday, this has happended to teams before.

Effectively either us or Huddersfield will be one

round behind in the cup.

Also the 5th round could well be played mid week.

Which mid week though?? Hahaha

Which mid week though?? Hahaha

I don't have the details with me but a league game would be put back further, this happens a lot in the earlier rounds with lower league sides and frozen pitches etc, it's not unusual for a match to be played the same weekend as matches in the next round.

The international friendlies has screwed this as it would be replayed that Tuesday, Wednesday normally.

So if we did get an good away draw in the cup when would the tickets go on sale, because playing the replay four days before the fifth round tie is a bit stupid. It means fans can't make plans! Just hope they don't move the tie to a Monday night (5th round) otherwise i'm f u c ked as i'm in college the next morning. Wouldn't be bothered if it was a s h i t draw

To be fair, its not actually the clubs fault at all. They obviously don't schedule the games, and are told when to play. Obviously the FA Cup takes precedence over the league games (to the FA) so will move any league game to ensure it doesn't disrupt the cup schedules.

If we draw Man U at home tomorrow nobody is going to give a shit about any of this.

Well if we draw Man U tomorrow, and we have to play them on the following saturday, then selling the tickets in the 3 days before the game is going to be interesting, especially as most people will not be able to to go down until after work.

Could be long queues and plenty of overtime for the ticket staff!

Archived