Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Cup Replay Date

My Grandad went to something like 5 games one year for one cup-tie. Think it was Stoke v West Ham in the 60's or 70's. I might have it wrong but it's the general story.

If they still did that nowadays there'd probably only be about a 4000 crowd by the time it got to the 3rd replay!

Sky are partly to blame for this.

With the Wolves game on Thursday, having been moved forward, it took out the possibility of a Tuesday game on the 29th, which is when the Cardiff game could've been played, even if we'd play Wolves on the Friday.

Is there no way we could play on the 5th/6th? How many players are expecting call-ups for their countries?

Sky are partly to blame for this.

With the Wolves game on Thursday, having been moved forward, it took out the possibility of a Tuesday game on the 29th, which is when the Cardiff game could've been played, even if we'd play Wolves on the Friday.

Is there no way we could play on the 5th/6th? How many players are expecting call-ups for their countries?

Well no, because it's been confirmed for the 12th....

We could lose as many as 6.

Cannot be played on the 5th/6th due to International week, only time for it to be played is the 12th. Blackburn moved aswell due to them being in the FA Cup

Old news this mate!!! But what about Chelsea who drew today, I'm sure it's Europa cup

Well no, because it's been confirmed for the 12th....

We could lose as many as 6.

Thanks, I knew it had been confirmed for the 12th, but I didn't know how many we'd lose.

With more than 3 possibly going we couldn't play for definite.

So we're going to be down to about 5th and 2 games in hand on most in the next few weeks. Not ideal but we didn't lose and we are just panicking at the minute. I'm more than happy with how we're fairing up this season, lets believe in our lads. Nigel needs to pick a couple up this week on loan or permanent and game on. I'm not too fussed if we're out of the limelight for a few weeks by falling from 2nd but with games in hand. Still a long way to go and pressure gets to teams.

The Brentford forum is saying their replay against Chelsea will be on the 5th round weekend either 16th or 17th feb due to Chelsea's

Europa cup game.

Looks like we will be on ESPN as they have an FAC replay in the TV listings for 12th feb when our replay is due to take place.

No other replays so we must be on TV again......

Archived