Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BoneDog

Leftie / Rightie...or is it Lefty / Righty? Not sure tbh

This is not a thread for our resident gays to talk about which hand they are better at whacking their BF's off with. No offence to the gays there. GLOVE UP!

That said, I've been wondering what makes somebody a leftie or a rightie. What kind of views make you one or the other? There's probably a large range of views involved on both sides, but I know little about it all. Am quite interested though. I know you're not all neo-nazis or communists, so what kind of thing defines left and right?

I voted Conservative in the last local elections because of their new garden waste wheelie bin scheme. Shit hot scheme that actually got me buzzing for action. Plus, I do quite like the local blue lot. No offence to the local red lot. I wouldn't consider myself right wing or left wing, and even though I did vote Tory in the locals I didn't fancy voting for any of them in the general election so didn't bother.

If you're a leftie/rightie and want a bit of fun, then also feel free to say what you think of the other lot. Actually, that's probably me wanting a bit of fun as I enjoy the old set-to's some of you have on the matter :D

Mods, feel free to merge if already a topic. No hard feelings.

Courtesy of MattP - "Left in the heart, right in the head". Sums it up for me. Most people are left leaning, only some realise that turning right is the only way to actually get somewhere, rather than nowhere. Then you get extremists. Then you get fakers like fif, Captain Shrapnel et al who pretend to be lefties as a cover up for their guilt.

Yep pretty much folowing on from Moose.

Used to be a leftie in college/uni. Realised it doesn't really work in the real world.

Soon turned to the right, still consider myself Liberal on a lot of social policy. Just don't give people an inch when you know they wil try to take a mile.

You are a bourgeois patriot. 5 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 54 percent are more extremist than you.

206853_eng.jpg

206853_eng.jpg

How do you put the results picture up? 'Printscreen'?

I want to prove to Al how neo naziest I am. As he doesn't live near me he can't see me goosestepping up and down my road.

Incidentally, the funniest thing I find when a lefty insults a righty is that they immediately call them knuckle draggers etc etc. Sterotypical? I think so! Isn't being stereotypical a bit ring wing ish? They immediately assume you're thick and again, waste no time in saying so.

Yes fat al. I'm talking aboout you.

Economic Left/Right: -1.62

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33

I haven't the faintest how to put the graph up on here

I had to down load the pic and then attach it. Do the 3D one you just post that the same as any other pic.

Economic Left/Right: -4.75

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95

pcgraphpng_zpsa66a91d2.png

Though I suspect it changes with mood.

EDIT: I'll have a shot at the other one and post it too.

You are a neoliberal Democrat. 6 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 12 percent are more extremist than you

206900_eng.jpg

206900_eng.jpg

I'm more extreme than 88% of the population? Now I've heard everything! lol

Interesting stuff.

You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat. 16 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 51 percent are more extremist than you.

206885_eng.jpg

206885_eng.jpg

Reasonably central apart from my hard-on for keeping religion and State totally separate and intense dislike of authoritarianism.

Archived