Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

London Leicester fans

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

OK so do you want in? There are only 6 spots available, so though I am happy for anyone to come along, I do not want to see any snowflakes because the group as a whole will miss out, as well as people who might want to join in.

Robo gets a definite ticket as he is a dude and I can vouch for him. Nalis is offering to buy me a pine, so he's in too :). If you can 100% commit, I am happy to put you down, but anyone that cancels has to let me know at least a week in advance, otherwise I am going to call you out here on the Forum!

Yep, 100%. I'm not gonna let anything get in the way. It's our first FA cup final of my life... I need someone to share it with!

• Thanks 1

On 26/04/2021 at 19:09, StriderHiryu said:

OK so do you want in? There are only 6 spots available, so though I am happy for anyone to come along, I do not want to see any snowflakes because the group as a whole will miss out, as well as people who might want to join in.

Robo gets a definite ticket as he is a dude and I can vouch for him. Nalis is offering to buy me a pine, so he's in too :). If you can 100% commit, I am happy to put you down, but anyone that cancels has to let me know at least a week in advance, otherwise I am going to call you out here on the Forum!

Hey mate, do you still have space on your booking? I live in Walthamstow and would love to watch the game with some fellow City fans. 

@StriderHiryu, I haven't forgotten. 

Basically as my old man is a huge City supporter too, I'm trying to pin him down as to whether he wants to catch it in the homeland somewhere, hence the delay. 

If he's not bothered, I'll pop into town with you guys. I'll shout as soon as I know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

@StriderHiryu, I haven't forgotten. 

Basically as my old man is a huge City supporter too, I'm trying to pin him down as to whether he wants to catch it in the homeland somewhere, hence the delay. 

If he's not bothered, I'll pop into town with you guys. I'll shout as soon as I know.

No worries, let me know! Yeah I imagine more than a few people are thinking of doing a BBQ at home with the family and friends, which is what I was also thinking about. But I feel like I need the raucousness of the pub for such an event!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello my dudes. Sorry for the delay. I'm a disorganised person.

As much as I'd love to come I've decided to watch with the old man and some family members so I'll be heading up to the homeland.

Thanks so much @StriderHiryu for organising. Superb effort, man. Hopefully see you soon. 

Enjoy the day @Nalis, @tjspicy, @nlukka, @AaronH, @oadby.fox. I'll be there next time 'cause there ain't no party like a RoboFox party.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

@BeachyboyA slot has become available as someone got hold of a ticket to the game itself. Do you want to join us on Saturday?

I would love to join the group, I am going to be with my girlfriend, but shes very low maintenance, gets really enthusiastic regarding Leicester and was able to name 14 members of the current squad, would this be ok?

4 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I would love to join the group, I am going to be with my girlfriend, but shes very low maintenance, gets really enthusiastic regarding Leicester and was able to name 14 members of the current squad, would this be ok?

Normally it would be no problem, but we've only got six slots, and only one is spare. So it's either you by yourself or neither! Sorry about that, obviously in normal times there would be no such problem!

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Normally it would be no problem, but we've only got six slots, and only one is spare. So it's either you by yourself or neither! Sorry about that, obviously in normal times there would be no such problem!

Would I be able to make a separate booking in the same venue for 2, or is it fully booked? I understand things are a bit different under current circumstances. 

5 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Would I be able to make a separate booking in the same venue for 2, or is it fully booked? I understand things are a bit different under current circumstances. 

You'll have to get in touch with the pub itself. But when I made these bookings I was struggling to find anywhere, and that was just a few days after confirming the final spot. But of course if you get a spot there you are more than welcome to meet up with us beforehand!

19 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

You'll have to get in touch with the pub itself. But when I made these bookings I was struggling to find anywhere, and that was just a few days after confirming the final spot. But of course if you get a spot there you are more than welcome to meet up with us beforehand!

So the Bat and Ball in Westfield east in Stratford? A massive shopping centre, I read on a previous thread, you have contacted 15 places, I will happily take the spot, an make a day of it, thanks.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RoboFox said:

@StriderHiryu How was it guys?

What a day.

Surreal! We sat in a middle concourse area in the middle of a busy walkway next to lots of people, with people walking by constantly. We had no sound, or if there was any I couldn’t hear it. And yet it was a brilliant day out! There were some other Leicester fans nearby as well as some Chelsea ones and next to us some Milwall fans came by later. The Tielemans goal led to a rendition of his song, with chants for Vichai, Schmeichel and even VAR littered throughout the day!

I was delighted to watch it with others, especially given how historic the day was. I could have watched it with a couple of non Leicester mates at home but I really wanted at least some atmosphere. And that final did not disappoint! We collectively lost our shit when that goal went in! What. A. Hit.

Will remember that day and game for as long as I live I reckon! Magical day!

Hope yours was equally good! Those who were at the losses back in the 60’s must have shed tears of joy!

• 3 months later...