Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carl the Llama

Peterborough pre-match ponderings

it`s not just his goals that we will miss though, it`s his hold up play,which allows the midfield players to get forward and play in and around him.

He gives us a physical presence up top that our other strikers don`t give us, except maybe Futacs,who Pearson doesn`t seem to favour.

In my opinion, the back up strikers we have got will not get us promoted, and if it is true that Wood will be out for 6 weeks, we really do need to bring in another target man striker on loan.

* Edited to say that if any of Morgan, Knockeart, Nuge or Drinkwater get injured in the coming weeks, we don`t have the players of their quality, to come in and replace them either, and will give us all kinds of problems.

The strength of our bench, may seem strong to the media pundits, but i think most of us know differently.

In my opinion our back up isn't good enough, only in defence.

We can't rely on Wood though, if he is out, and out for a considerable amount of time, which I doubt, then our back up really needs to step up to the plate. Wood is a much better outlet, and a much better player than all our back up strikers, but what comes close to him, Futacs a target man without the goals who hasn't been given a chance, Waghorn has improved, and has shown his capabilities of holding the ball up, linking up and scoring goals over the past couple of months, or do we punt on Vardy again but if we do, we probably won't get anywhere.

I would like to see this team against Peterborough...

Schmeichel

De Laet - Morgan - Keane - Konchesky

Knockaert - James - Drinkwater - Marshall

Waghorn - Nugent

Subs - Logan, Moore, King, Gallagher, Dyer, Futacs, Vardy

I'd go:

Schmeichel

RDL Morgan Keane Konchesky

King Drinkwater James

Marshall Knockaert

Nugent

And bring on a 2nd striker if necessary. At least we know we'd have a better chance of keeping control of the match with 3 in the middle, also gives more licence for Knockaert to attack and might even get Marshall shooting again.

Archived