Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carl the Llama

Peterborough pre-match ponderings

Our attitude and approach to these type of games is different from last season, I am predicting a 3-0 City win

Wood, Nugent and Morgan.

I agree 3-0 Leicester. Wood with the first, Nugent with the second, and Richard the third.

I want a professional job, kill it early with a brace and then sit back and save ourselves as much as possible. Don't care about whipping another team, just want the 3 points with the minimal effort required. If we progress in the cup we'll need every ounce of strength for a brutal run of games on the run-in

I want a professional job, kill it early with a brace and then sit back and save ourselves as much as possible. Don't care about whipping another team, just want the 3 points with the minimal effort required. If we progress in the cup we'll need every ounce of strength for a brutal run of games on the run-in

no, no no i wouldn't be happy for us to sit back and absorb pressure from a team fighting to stay up. We wanna drill these once and for all about 5-0

Really.......... :o

I can only assume you have not been paying attention, take a detention........ :P

no, no no i wouldn't be happy for us to sit back and absorb pressure from a team fighting to stay up. We wanna drill these once and for all about 5-0

Really.......... :o

I can only assume you have not been paying attention, take a detention........ :P

We've got the best defence in the division, we should cope easily against a team like posh, grab the early goals then park the bus. Every game we play from here on with our small squad should be about conserving energy not about smashing the bottom team on a heavy pitch in february and then key players turning up knackered/injured in much more important games on the run-in.

I was cautiously optimistic until I read this thread, now I've been carried away by the wave of optimism and I'm going for a 4-0 win :P:chant:

To beat Peterborough we need to ensure that we are totally committed. Drinkwater and James (if he plays) need to win the midfield tussle. This game won't be about pretty football (perhaps not suitable for the likes of King and Marshall-hope I'm wrong) but about 'getting stuck in'. If we can win that battle, then we ought to win quite comfortably.

Of the Posh players, Tomlin (ex Leicester and a product of the Saffron Lane) may appear somewhat portly, but has a knack of scoring goals. Boyd is past his best and lacks pace, however he has a fierce shot on him and we must restrict his opportunities because he can be deadly accurate. Zakuani at the back is their best defender - quick and reliable. He's not particularly tall, so Wood should have success with the high ball.

I'll go for us to win 3-1 - Wood (2), Nugent

To beat Peterborough we need to ensure that we are totally committed. Drinkwater and James (if he plays) need to win the midfield tussle. This game won't be about pretty football (perhaps not suitable for the likes of King and Marshall-hope I'm wrong) but about 'getting stuck in'. If we can win that battle, then we ought to win quite comfortably.

Of the Posh players, Tomlin (ex Leicester and a product of the Saffron Lane) may appear somewhat portly, but has a knack of scoring goals. Boyd is past his best and lacks pace, however he has a fierce shot on him and we must restrict his opportunities because he can be deadly accurate. Zakuani at the back is their best defender - quick and reliable. He's not particularly tall, so Wood should have success with the high ball.

I'll go for us to win 3-1 - Wood (2), Nugent

Cheers 49er thanks to your preview may have to revise my prediction.......upwards :thumbup:

Cheers 49er thanks to your preview may have to revise my prediction.......upwards :thumbup:

The only problem is that are last three performances at London Road have been poor: 0-1, 2-1 (a scrappy victory over a side that had already been relegated and was missing quite a few of their main players) and 0-2. If we are serious about automatic promotion then this is a must win game

The only problem is that are last three performances at London Road have been poor: 0-1, 2-1 (a scrappy victory over a side that had already been relegated and was missing quite a few of their main players) and 0-2. If we are serious about automatic promotion then this is a must win game

Yep, potentially season defining.......and then onwards!

Last season was the pits.

I can't imagine us having to put up with the shit we saw last season again.

• Schmeichel giving away a penalty.
  • Beckford refusing to head a ball into an open goal from 2 yards.
  • Beckford refusing to go up for a free kick in the last minute.
  • Bamba in midfield (Christ alive we must have been short).
  • Drinkwater's lamentable effort on goal at the end of the match (see third bullet point).

As much as we've been poor against Posh recently we seem a different side over the last month to pretty much anything we've seen from this club certainly in the past 3 years and probably in the last 10 years at this level. The team is bursting with confidence and we've put away the league's shitmunchers with ease this season (Barnsley aside). I can see us winning 3 or 4-1.

Then again the only other time I've predicted a win for us this season was before the Palace match when we got completely owned so I fear I may have tempted fate.

Agreed,we really can't carry on with playing so poorly against them at their place.Players should be up for his considering we are 2 nd and in our own hands.

Archived