Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Carl the Llama

Peterborough pre-match ponderings

We've generally had a different attitude this season. In years gone by it's these type of games I'd have pinned us to lose but this week I'm fairly confident. We can and should dispatch these if we play well, lets hope Nige can keep the run going.

Just been reading,I think" London Road Forum"

Confident bunch.Where we seem to be fairly balanced and say how well they play against us and it will be tough.most think they will beat us if not thrash us and don't like us much.

yeah, but about the only criticism about the team seems to be that we have defensive failings, when we're far and away the most tight defense in the league.

and they implied that Wood can only be gifted goals.

I'll go for a 1-2 Leicester win, Wood and Marshall.

yeah, but about the only criticism about the team seems to be that we have defensive failings, when we're far and away the most tight defense in the league.

and they implied that Wood can only be gifted goals.

I'll go for a 1-2 Leicester win, Wood and Marshall.

in that case 3-0 leicester. Clean sheet for our frail defence and a hat trick of 30 yarders from Chris wood :)

Last season was the pits.

I can't imagine us having to put up with the shit we saw last season again.

• Schmeichel giving away a penalty.
  • Beckford refusing to head a ball into an open goal from 2 yards.
  • Beckford refusing to go up for a free kick in the last minute.
  • Bamba in midfield (Christ alive we must have been short).
  • Drinkwater's lamentable effort on goal at the end of the match (see third bullet point).

As much as we've been poor against Posh recently we seem a different side over the last month to pretty much anything we've seen from this club certainly in the past 3 years and probably in the last 10 years at this level. The team is bursting with confidence and we've put away the league's shitmunchers with ease this season (Barnsley aside). I can see us winning 3 or 4-1.

Then again the only other time I've predicted a win for us this season was before the Palace match when we got completely owned so I fear I may have tempted fate.

I DO like your posts..

Bang on..

:thumbup:

My boss is a director at posh and the company sponsors the games so got an invite to this, get to be on the pitch before kick off with captains etc.

any advice to morgan??

Thinking of telling him i've got a tenner on him to score.

Don't do that, he will think that you're a twat

Just been reading,I think" London Road Forum"

Confident bunch.Where we seem to be fairly balanced and say how well they play against us and it will be tough.most think they will beat us if not thrash us and don't like us much.

Can't seem to find a "thrashing" prediction, or a particular "dislike" attitude.

http://www.londonroad.net/Forums/showthread.php?t=54637

But I think they are forgetting they have nothing like the quality of ex prem players that wolves have, that did test us.

Yeah, that and the whole best defence in the League thing.

If Wood, Knockaert & James have recovered from their knocks i'll go for a professional 2-0 win. So far, I haven't seen any injury news so I don't know what's what. On paper, this is a team we should put to the sword, even without the above players but the fact that we're even slightly worried about it is an indication of how poorly we normally play there. However, best defence in the league and 2 in form strikers is grounds for some optimism

Ticket embargo for Posh fans?

TICKET EMBARGO: As this game is now ALL TICKET for Leicester supporters, there is now a ticket embargo in place. Fans wishing to purchase tickets for this match online or via the hotline must already be on our database prior to Wednesday 6th February. If you are a new user, please contact us via [email protected] or 01733 865674.

http://www.londonroad.net/Forums/showthread.php?t=54637&page=2

We've got the best defence in the division, we should cope easily against a team like posh, grab the early goals then park the bus. Every game we play from here on with our small squad should be about conserving energy not about smashing the bottom team on a heavy pitch in february and then key players turning up knackered/injured in much more important games on the run-in.

No, no and thrice no........ :nono:

What you say makes perfect sense and would be the way to go if, and it is a vey big if, we had the faintest idea how to sit back and control a game when we have gone in front.

But we really don't, sitting back and trying to contain is suicidal for us at this time, we are hopeless in this situation just hoofing the ball clear as we have everyone back and no one to counter attack. We have seen this against Derby, 'Boro and others in recent weeks and against 'Boro we were very, very lucky not to drop points.

We need to be several goals clear, with the opposition already beaten before we even consider easing off, this is not me being 'gung ho' and over confident, just a frank assessment of how good we are when we take the game to the opposition and how poor we are when we let them come at us...... :dunno:

two up by half time should see us through....... :fc:

Last season was woeful glad we aint sending out that load again onwards and upwards lets improve on last seasons disgraceful performance and show them why we are at the top end and theyre at the bottom end point to prove yes we have coyb

Archived