Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
turkish14

Thoughts on a cup run, after today?

The cup is not a distraction nor a problem. A couple cup wins will get us back to winning ways again. If we lose on Tuesday then we don't play on the weekend anyway and our last two results will have been losses to Peterborough and Huddersfield! We don't want a bad run of form

It is a no win for any manager.

In 69 O'Farrell had 4 or 5 games to play after a losing Cup final.

Provided the side is match fit why not play a strong side to win?

NP has always said that the league is our priority and team selections have already confirmed that. NP does not want a cup run so neither should we.

Neither Leicester nor Wigan will play their best teams so nothing can be judged from the result.

I hope we lose on Tuesday and then have a free weekend and will be fresher against Charlton the following Tuesday.

Are you Roberto Nigel Martinez Pearson in disguise?

I can't fathom 'fans' wanting us to lose. Pathetic.

How dare you imply that NP is also pathetic for not prioritising the FA Cup?

How did I imply that? I've not once mentioned priorities. Since when do fans want their OWN club to lose. THAT is pathetic.

Stop putting words in my mouth, Thanks.

The cup is not a distraction nor a problem. A couple cup wins will get us back to winning ways again. If we lose on Tuesday then we don't play on the weekend anyway and our last two results will have been losses to Peterborough and Huddersfield! We don't want a bad run of form

this

Whatever Pearson chooses to do, he will have done wrong by some people. It's a no win situation for him and if I were him i'd just put out the youth team and then concentrate on the league but no doubt that will be the wrong thing to do in most people's eyes.

Are you suggesting that if we beat Huddersfield, then lost to Charlton - people will say we lost to Charlton because we tried to beat Huddersfield?

I can't believe some people would actually think like this.

How can trying your best to win a game of football ever be considered the wrong thing to do?

Utterly bizarre.

Whatever Pearson chooses to do, he will have done wrong by some people. It's a no win situation for him and if I were him i'd just put out the youth team and then concentrate on the league but no doubt that will be the wrong thing to do in most people's eyes.

Problem is he wont do righht by anyone and will do what he did in the last game I bet, play half a full strength team, and half fringe players.

I dunno what his mentality behind this is, but if he's going to end up pleasing no one doing that. A disjointed side like that is never going to please those of us that want to see a full strength side out, and seeing 5 or 6 players from the first team playing isn't going to please those that want to see first team players rested.

For me we are either taking the FA cup seriously or we aren't and the teams he's put out in both games so far seems to indicate to me that Pearson has yet to decide which path he is taking.

We should play our strongest team possible and play to win. I for one am sick of fans being short changed by clubs' attitude to cup competitions. I don't especially recall MON playing weakened sides especially later in the cups and we managed to win one twice. We may not finish in the top two anyway and lose in the playoffs. A club that tries for success is more likely to keep its fan base and may add more. The FA cup still has a world wide following and a good run would be good for the owners who whether we like it or not are just about the only reason we aren't in a serious financial mess.

After yesterday we need to win again ASAP and Tuesday is the next chance.

Did you know we are as low as 66/1 to lift the FA cup with some bookies.

That the exact same odds as RVP scoring the first goal this afternoon and Man U winning 4-1

If we beat Huddesfield and Wigan those odds would probable be halved - The same as Man U winning 3-1 and Rooney scoring first.

These examples above aren't that crazy or unbelievable but the bookies feel that us lifting the cup is as likely!

"Wembley Wembley we're the famous Leicester City and we're going to Wembley" just another view :P:chant: Think the two potential cup matches have actually come at the right time, a mini distraction from the league coupled with an opportunity to rest, recouperate and refresh with eperimentation in selection if NP deems it appropriate.

Wouldn't say no to a cup run can't believe we still haven't been to the new Wembley, in the 90s we may aswell have had our own changing room we were there so often

lol yeah it did seem like it was a regular yearly trip, Sun always shining... walking down Wembley way i suppose it would still be nice to book a place there! but I'd take promotion over that this year!

"Wembley Wembley we're the famous Leicester City and we're going to Wembley" just another view :P:chant: Think the two potential cup matches have actually come at the right time, a mini distraction from the league coupled with an opportunity to rest, recouperate and refresh with eperimentation in selection if NP deems it appropriate.

lol

Do you ever stop!!

lol

Great opportunity to stick out the side who played against Posh and tell them to put things right.

Pearson wont do that though.

Wellens and gallacher will play in place of Drinkwater and Knockeart, James might come in for King and Dyer will come in for Marshall.

Nugent wont play either, he might possibly give Futacs a chance, but i wouldn`t be surprised if he starts with Waggy and Vardy again.

At the back, if St Leger or Whitbread are fit enough, one of them might play, and possibly Moore may come in at full back.

All in my opinion of course.

Not the team i would pick, because i would always pick my strongest team, but sadly the modern football fan and modern managers don`t care about the FA Cup anymore.

Archived