Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
glen parva fox

What's Futacs done wrong?

Training is hugely different to a competitive game. Why do you think gallagher's had so many chances? It's obvious that when he's got all the time in the world & their is no pressure gally would be pinging the ball all over the place, free kicks flying in left right & centre, but in a competitive match??? Well!!!

So if Futacs has been shit when in training, even when he has "all the time in the world"... you think he should start?

Love Nigel but let's not forget he has favourites amongst the players, also the fact that he paid around £1 million for Vardy and everyone (media, fans etc) questioned spending that much on a unproven non-league player, he probably wants him to justify that price tag, hence playing him any chance he gets so that he bags a goal.

Every sodding manager has their frigging favourites, it's how they pick their teams.

This favourites crap gets brought up over and over again and is just utter nonsense.

Everyone else has had a go so he should be given a decent chance. Vardy and Waghorn haven't proved they deserve to be starters when Nuge/Wood are injured so surely deserves a chance? I'm not saying he will be the answer to our problems just seems a little unfair to keep giving the same people chance after chance when they are not producing the goods.

Everyone else has had a go so he should be given a decent chance. Vardy and Waghorn haven't proved they deserve to be starters when Nuge/Wood are injured so surely deserves a chance? I'm not saying he will be the answer to our problems just seems a little unfair to keep giving the same people chance after chance when they are not producing the goods.

Perhaps play all the youth team as well, or me... nobody has seen me play I might be amazing.

The thing is, if he IS absolute dross that is never going to be good enough to don the shirt in the starting 11, then why is he here and why are we paying him wages? Why didnt we try to get rid during January or loan him out?

Its not like its one of Svens buys, Pearson bought him.

The thing is, if he IS absolute dross that is never going to be good enough to don the shirt in the starting 11, then why is he here and why are we paying him wages? Why didnt we try to get rid during January or loan him out?

Its not like its one of Svens buys, Pearson bought him.

He probably isn't dross, he's probably of similar ability to what we have as backup, but his style doesn't really fit our system would my my call as to why he doesn't get game time.

Every manager will make mistakes, clearly the fact he isn't getting game times means he is one.

You do know that Pearson sees these people in training don't you. He doesn't have to chuck them in to games to see what they are like he sees them every day.

What's an utter joke is people who haven't seem him play presume to know better than the manager who has.

Shows how much you know. Those of us who've played footy manager are well aware that you only see your team on matchday.

Perhaps play all the youth team as well, or me... nobody has seen me play I might be amazing.

Ridiculous statement really. If you were the manager would you persist in playing players who don't perform in games? And using the old 'he sees the players in training' argument is weak, the player you get in training isn't the same one you see on the pitch. I know you like to think that NP never makes mistakes but his stubborness and persistance in playing Vardy just to attempt to convince himself he hasn't wasted over a million pounds is ludicrous. Its not a personal attack on Vardy or Nigel, or heralding Futacs as the saviour of our problems but I think the man deserves a chance when 2 of the strikers above him in the pecking order consistantly fail to perform throughout the season.

Pearson started Wellens against Huddersfield the other week! I know he's shit, you know he's shit, please explain?

Wellens is not shit. City fans have very short memories. Andy Johnson was shit, Jason Jarrett was shit, I could continue.

Wellens is an inconsistent average championship player. Who is more than good enough as back up if needed.(when fully fit).

I'm not his biggest fan by the way but there needs to be some perspective.

He probably isn't dross, he's probably of similar ability to what we have as backup, but his style doesn't really fit our system would my my call as to why he doesn't get game time.

Every manager will make mistakes, clearly the fact he isn't getting game times means he is one.

I understand that. But the thing is, our other backup strikers dont fit our system either because they stand out like a sore thumb when they play and are so far under our other first teamers in terms of quality its an eyesore.

Wellens is not shit. City fans have very short memories. Andy Johnson was shit, Jason Jarrett was shit, I could continue.

Wellens is an inconsistent average championship player. Who is more than good enough as back up if needed.(when fully fit).

I'm not his biggest fan by the way but there needs to be some perspective.

Well there is being fit and there is being match fit, and he certainly wasn`t match fit in the first cup game with Huddersfield, and he is not going to be match fit tomorrow either, although that will not stop Pearson from playing him tomorrow of course.

Ridiculous statement really. If you were the manager would you persist in playing players who don't perform in games? And using the old 'he sees the players in training' argument is weak, the player you get in training isn't the same one you see on the pitch. I know you like to think that NP never makes mistakes but his stubborness and persistance in playing Vardy just to attempt to convince himself he hasn't wasted over a million pounds is ludicrous. Its not a personal attack on Vardy or Nigel, or heralding Futacs as the saviour of our problems but I think the man deserves a chance when 2 of the strikers above him in the pecking order consistantly fail to perform throughout the season.

Completely agree with all of this.

Pearson started Wellens against Huddersfield the other week! I know he's shit, you know he's shit, please explain?

Did you bang your head and forget it was a cup game?

I understand that. But the thing is, our other backup strikers dont fit our system either because they stand out like a sore thumb when they play and are so far under our other first teamers in terms of quality its an eyesore.

Don't they? We've been top six all year with these players?

It's not a weak argument it's a very valid and perfectly sodding good argument. If they constantly outshine him in training, and he's constantly shite only a blithering idiot would play him instead.

You want to play him because you know nothing about him, you want to satisfy your curiosity. Pearson doesn't need to do that, he has training and non first team games to see him play.

It's not even like he's shone when he has come on the pitch.

And shut up with your never makes a mistake bollocks, he makes plenty. But we've been through this shit time after time, season after season. "Play x he can't be any worse", "chuck in x youth teamer, he's scored loads for the youth team" crap. They can be worse and the kids are almost never the next big thing.

Did you bang your head and forget it was a cup game?

Don't they? We've been top six all year with these players?

I dont disagree we have been top 6 for most of the season. but what i do question is how much Vardy and Waghorn have contributed to this. OK they do have 7 league goals between them two thirds of a season but I still believe that when they are in the side we are noticeably a weaker outfit

I dont disagree we have been top 6 for most of the season. but what i do question is how much Vardy and Waghorn have contributed to this. OK they do have 7 league goals between them two thirds of a season but I still believe that when they are in the side we are noticeably a weaker outfit

Of course they are, they are back up players. Take the best out of any team and we'll look weaker.

Vardy was a risk, it's not paid off. With hindsight the money could have been better spent, but he's what we've got and people blaming everything on those two (which is what it seems like) is ridiculous.

It's not a weak argument it's a very valid and perfectly sodding good argument. If they constantly outshine him in training, and he's constantly shite only a blithering idiot would play him instead.

You want to play him because you know nothing about him, you want to satisfy your curiosity. Pearson doesn't need to do that, he has training and non first team games to see him play.

And shut up with your never makes a mistake bollocks, he makes plenty. But we've been through this shit time after time, season after season. "Play x he can't be any worse", "chuck in x youth teamer, he's scored loads for the youth team" crap. They can be worse and the kids are almost never the next big thing.

It's not a valid argument really, some players are fantastic in training, put in 100% but as soon as they get on the pitch in a match day they are nowhere near that standard. Other players by contrast some are the opposite and look shit in training, putting hardly any effort in but when they play matches they find another few gears. Judging players ability simply on how well they train is not grounds alone to pick a team.

Its not down to me or any other fans wanting to see what he offers, he just needs to be given a chance to prove what he can offer to the team and if that is more than what Waghorn and Vardy and currently offering.

And how you can say he hasn't shone is slighty unfair considering he has probably played a total of about 200 minutes give or take.

Its not the same as throwing a youth team player in, Futacs is ofcourse still learning his trade but lets not forget he made 20 appearances last season in the championship and looked decent if unspectacular in a dreadful side. I would have no issue with him sitting on the bench week on week if the players coming in ahead of him offered enough to warrant the chance. It seems that Nigel is just showing blind faith in Vardy and Waghorn in the hope they produce the goods and his stubborness is a detriment to the team at the moment.

his stubborness is a detriment to the team at the moment.

Is it really, could you tell me how exactly? Once again you are presuming the people not playing are better than those that are, because you haven't seen them. I'm sorry but the "he can't be much worse", "you don't know until you try" arguments do not wash.

We're second and you are lamenting the manager being a detriment to the team. Jesus.

How do we even know that Futacs is poorer than Vardy and Waghorn in training, he may be better, they may all be crap, I do agree with certain things you're saying Babylon, but I really do think Futacs deserves a chance at least tomorrow night, if he plays poor and gets subbed after 60 minutes I hold my hands up, but Vardy at the moment is dross, Waggy is probably the best out the 3 but then he should be finishing chances like the one v Peterborough on Saturday.

Archived