Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
glen parva fox

What's Futacs done wrong?

Should have played today imo. I've got nothing against Vardy, who did win things in the air, but Futacs gives us the option of winning headers on a consistent basis and holding the ball up. The only other player that does that for us is Wood. And Wood was a major loss today.

Has everyone forgot when he started against league 2 opposition last month and was poor? We've got too many bang average strikers on the books, whoever comes in to replace Nuge or Wood are not good enough we'd be better off going 451 when one of them isn't available.

I've suspected for a while that he was signed to help Knockaert settle in.

Clutching at straws a little bit. We will lose games and when we do, begging for a player in the squad who's not playing is the natural reaction.

Basically when he does play, my guess is he'll be pretty average and we'll have to find another saviour that we dont really need.

Pearson said that whenever Futacs is on the pitch there is a tendancy to hit the ball long. That's not the way he wants us to play. Don't know why there should be such a difference between him and Wood as there's only 3 inches difference in height but Wood gets it to his feet and Futacs doesn't. The best target man in the world can't hold the ball up when it's in the air. I feel sorry for him really as it's not his fault the rest of the team don't play to his strength but only play to his weakness

If I was him i'd tell pearson to piss off and leave, utter joke he hasn't been given a chance and just continues to keep giving vardy and waghorn chances.

and you'd end up with everyone calling you beckford mark 2

Isn't there something about 1 more league start and we have to pay out some more £££££???

no cus we got him on a free

Pearson said that whenever Futacs is on the pitch there is a tendancy to hit the ball long. That's not the way he wants us to play.

Then shouldn't of bloody brought him in! There is no need to have him on the wage bill if all he will get in 10 minutes here and there, it's awful that he hasnt had a chance since all the others have.

Then shouldn't of bloody brought him in! There is no need to have him on the wage bill if all he will get in 10 minutes here and there, it's awful that he hasnt had a chance since all the others have.

Managers cannot predict how a player will fit in to the rest of the team until they bring them in and try them and he was certainly worth trying on a free, we all knew we needed a target man. For some reason, the other players hit it long and in the air to Futacs but pass it to Wood's feet. Why should there be such a difference in the way the team plays when the 2 players are very similar in style and stature? There seems to be some big man = hoofball mentality with the other players when Futacs plays. If the players could just get it into their thick heads to play it on the deck to his feet, we'd be just as dangerous as we are with Wood in the team

If I was him i'd tell pearson to piss off and leave, utter joke he hasn't been given a chance and just continues to keep giving vardy and waghorn chances.

You do know that Pearson sees these people in training don't you. He doesn't have to chuck them in to games to see what they are like he sees them every day.

What's an utter joke is people who haven't seem him play presume to know better than the manager who has.

His goal against burton was beautiful, so don't say he can't finish.

I want me some Futacs, we lacked his aerial ability today and I think he fit's the system we play well filling in for Wood.

When I've seen him he's looked bloody awful in the air for his size.

Some people on here are really stupid. If he gets regular games he will be more consistent. If he is given 5 minutes here and there how can he be consistent? Its stands to reason that he needs more time on the pitch. you can't judge him after a few minutes here and there. Thats totally unreasonable. He should start up front with nugent on tuesday.

You do know that Pearson sees these people in training don't you. He doesn't have to chuck them in to games to see what they are like he sees them every day.

What's an utter joke is people who haven't seem him play presume to know better than the manager who has.

Training is hugely different to a competitive game. Why do you think gallagher's had so many chances? It's obvious that when he's got all the time in the world & their is no pressure gally would be pinging the ball all over the place, free kicks flying in left right & centre, but in a competitive match??? Well!!!

Training is hugely different to a competitive game. Why do you think gallagher's had so many chances? It's obvious that when he's got all the time in the world & their is no pressure gally would be pinging the ball all over the place, free kicks flying in left right & centre, but in a competitive match??? Well!!!

Love Nigel but let's not forget he has favourites amongst the players, also the fact that he paid around £1 million for Vardy and everyone (media, fans etc) questioned spending that much on a unproven non-league player, he probably wants him to justify that price tag, hence playing him any chance he gets so that he bags a goal.

Archived