Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
glen parva fox

What's Futacs done wrong?

How do we even know that Futacs is poorer than Vardy and Waghorn in training, he may be better, they may all be crap

We don't, I'm using it as a reason as to why he is not in front of the others. There comes a point you have to put faith in people who see them work day in day out. For me fans calling for players to get a chance, and saying the manager not picking them is a detriment to the team is ludicrous.

There could well be other tactical reasons like a) him not being as mobile, which means we lose a lot of the "defend from the front" ethos we have. b) The effect it has on others in the team pumping long balls constantly rather than passing to feet.

From what I have seen Futacs looks a fairly smart finisher. But his all round play and other effects on the team leave a lot to be desired.

Is it really, could you tell me how exactly? Once again you are presuming the people not playing are better than those that are, because you haven't seen them. I'm sorry but the "he can't be much worse", "you don't know until you try" arguments do not wash.

We're second and you are lamenting the manager being a detriment to the team. Jesus.

Its a circular argument, you are making the same presumption that the players on the pitch are bettter than the ones who are not simply on the basis that they are playing.

And you are taking the words out of context, purposely missing out where I said 'at the moment'. With Vardy in the previous 2 home games coming on giving possesion and fouls away on frequent occasions as well as offering very little bar his trademark 'effort and energy' on saturday. Waghorn missing a sitter on saturday as well as being wasteful in possesion in the previous 3 substitute appearances and offering little else.

I am and always have been a huge Pearson fan and agree with pretty much every decision he has hade in the 3 years he has been at our club, so I'm not one of the anti- Pearson mob. I think its just time Pearson sucked up his pride this time and admitted he made a mistake with Vardy and that he is out of his depth, there is only a certain amount of time you can say he is 'finding his feet in the league' and 'how big a jump it is.'

Not been impressed when I've seen Futacs this year. Waggy looked good before Wood arrived, having a string of games where he was one of our best players. Given the nature of tomorrow's game and the relatively low importance of it I would be happy to see Futacs given a chance though.

Its a circular argument, you are making the same presumption that the players on the pitch are bettter than the ones who are not simply on the basis that they are playing.

Where have I said that?

I've said Pearson is in a better position to decide and does not need to chuck them in to games to decide whether they are good enough or not.

Did you bang your head and forget it was a cup game? Oh sorry, so Pearson does know wellen's is shit, but it was only a cup game???

Every decision that Pearson makes seem to make perfect logical sense to you by the sounds of it? Explain why knockaert was behind dyer for a starting place for the first six or so games of the season ( we lost 3) when it was clear as the day he was head & shoulders better than him, & don't give any of that crap managerial speak of easing him into the team gradually!!

Tell us why did it have to take 2 months of piss poor king performances until he got dropped?

Don't they? We've been top six all year with these players?

we've been shocking tonight, all over the pitch. terrible.

i don't agree with the futacs witch hunt, though. has he been poor? yes. but his service was atrocious. he was having to come deeper and deeper for the ball. i agree his finishing was rubbish too.

but i find it so ironic that a lot of the same people who are now calling him, were the one's crying out for him to be given a game.

hard to take any positives from this that i can see. too many players tonight who aren't good enough. we need to make use of the loan window, as the strength in depth just isn't there!

No. His entire time on the pitch was spent milling about not doing much at all. Combine that with a four yard free header and an air shot from ten yards = Futash.

Apart from the first half where he held the ball up well and brought other players into the game. Poor second half though.

To be fair I can't recall him holding the ball up that well. His passing and positioning were poor and his lay offs knock ons seemed aimless. I must admit i wasn't fully concentration as flicking between the Celtic and foxes. Who btw have just conceded their third.

we've been shocking tonight, all over the pitch. terrible.

i don't agree with the futacs witch hunt, though. has he been poor? yes. but his service was atrocious. he was having to come deeper and deeper for the ball. i agree his finishing was rubbish too.

but i find it so ironic that a lot of the same people who are now calling him, were the one's crying out for him to be given a game.

hard to take any positives from this that i can see. too many players tonight who aren't good enough. we need to make use of the loan window, as the strength in depth just isn't there!

Isn't that the point in having strikers... so they can finish? Isn't that the same reason everyone seemed to know better than Pearson and call for Futacs to play? Yeah, thought so.

Isn't that the point in having strikers... so they can finish? Isn't that the same reason everyone seemed to know better than Pearson and call for Futacs to play? Yeah, thought so.

Not necessarily if you're a target man. Finishing was poor from both strikers tonight though, no excuses.

To be fair I can't recall him holding the ball up that well. His passing and positioning were poor and his lay offs knock ons seemed aimless. I must admit i wasn't fully concentration as flicking between the Celtic and foxes. Who btw have just conceded their third.

Played some decent passes but agree with his positioning - was poor. If I'm honest, I was happy to see him start and wanted him to do well but he was poor along with most of the other 10 players on the pitch.

Not necessarily if you're a target man. Finishing was poor from both strikers tonight though, no excuses.

Even if he was a target man, if he can't score the 2 sitters that he had then what's the point in having him in the team? Awful in the air for a so called target man!

Archived