Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stockyfox

But Promotion is now guaranteed!.......isn't it?

Never, during the sixty four years I’ve followed the ‘City’, have I experienced such a sacrilegic approach by some of our so-called fans, who pre-match, debated the pros and cons as to whether we should endeavour to beat Huddersfield or not, as to do so, they argued, could be seriously detrimental to our chances of promotion.

I therefore assume that these same people will have taken a degree of satisfaction, if not pleasure from last night’s result.

However, furthermore, I have to wonder if this ‘rational negativity’ had then percolated through to the players because that was one of the most unexciting cup-ties I’ve ever had the misfortune to witness.

I watched the match on ESPN and during half-time I switched to watch the Celtic v Juventus game. What a contrast! What excitement! What an atmosphere! What fantastic continuous vocal support!

And then it was back to our 2nd half. No excitement, no atmosphere, no fantastic continuous vocal support! Just boring, uninspiring, kick-about football from a Leicester team that had run out of ideas, that lacked penetration, that lacked determination, that simply weren’t up for it.

Gally wasn’t the Gally we have revered in the past. Futacs demonstrated how bad you can be when you don’t get the chance to play on a regular basis. Ritchie Wellens showed why we bought Drinkwater. The back four demonstrated why we need Schluppy back and why SSL should have played instead of being on the bench. Wes was not at his best and needs a well deserved rest. Nuge showed that even the best can have a really bad day. Anthony K needs to learn self-discipline. Dyer needs to start. Vardy needs to go out on loan and get the scoring habit back into his system.

Yet we have been privileged to watch some scintillating football from our team this season. Earlier this season, in the midweek league match at Huddersfield, we played them off the park then thrashed them 6-1 at the KP.

It is a long time since I used the term ‘Lucky Leicester’ but I thought we were very fortunate to get a draw in the first tie at Huddersfield and the fact that we beat Wolves was more down to their atrocious finishing rather than our superior play. Then we lost on Saturday at Peterborough so, all-in-all, was last night’s result such a surprise?

God knows what some of our ex-players would have thought of that inept last night. I want and expect every Leicester team to go out on to the field of play to win, whatever, whether league or cup-tie.

And I expect every true Leicester fan to give 100% support to the team and the manager. To those who purport to do the job better, I trust they will apply should the position become vacant so that their superior skills ensure that our team attains those dizzy heights that our loyal, magnificent fans long to achieve.

"I watched the match on ESPN and during half-time I switched to watch the Celtic v Juventus game. What a contrast! What excitement! What an atmosphere! What fantastic continuous vocal support!"

Delusions of grandeur?

Who'd have thought a crowd of 57,917 watching a last 16 game in the Champions League, against one of Europe's biggest clubs, would out sing 14,517 people watching an uninspiring 4th round FA Cup replay :dunno:

I watched the match on ESPN and during half-time I switched to watch the Celtic v Juventus game. What a contrast! What excitement! What an atmosphere! What fantastic continuous vocal support!

There was maybe a slight contrast in the two games though... One was the biggest for the club in god knows how many years.. and the other was a non important game against Juventus.

Babylon: Simply the fact that I have never known our fans advance the theory that it might be more to the club's advantage not to win a game

I Am Rod Hull:In principle, these were both cup-ties. The Leicester match was more akin to an end of season game.

Marko: Good point. First half - great. I might have been at home but I was singing along with our fans then after 20 minutes or so, there was very little until just before half time. 2nd half -next to nothing in the way of regular City chants but several shots of glum faces!

And the reason I tuned into the Celtic match was to see how Neil Lennon's side were doing! Neil Lennon - one of the finest players to wear a Leicester shirt and managing with the same distinction he displayed as a player!

He lost 3-0?

I was livid after the Burton defeat, but to be fair we did go on a smashing run in the league.

I'm not so livid after last night, and if we win promotion then I doubt the knives will be out for all and sundry because of the cup result.

The atmosphere wasn't that bad actually, all things considered.

So it's a good job he was't managing us then. But, just a minute, he beat Barcelona 2-1. Still, you only as good as your lasr match!

He also somehow managed to lose 2-0 at home against the mighty Kilmarnock.....but thats another story.

I take offence at "dont criticise the manager, as if you could do any better"

Its every football fans right to moan and slag off the manager and players.

"I watched the match on ESPN and during half-time I switched to watch the Celtic v Juventus game. What a contrast! What excitement! What an atmosphere! What fantastic continuous vocal support!"

Delusions of grandeur?

Who, Celtic or us?

Of course we are! We are going to go the remainder of the season unbeaten, smashing teams for six as we go, Wood and Nugent will bag 20 a piece with Knocky chipping in with a few and scoring a cheeky overhead kick against Derby as we claim our annual victory there!

We shall arrive at forest needing just a point to seal the title, humiliate them in their own backyard by ending that miserable winless run at the city ground via a big Wes header in the 96th minute surpassing the 4 originally added on! Then sit pretty at the peak of the table with Pearson as our king!

Morgan and Wood will change their names to Wesley and Woods to help prevent the Monday night forum fans from further embarrassment.

Swear the saying "delusions of grandeur" has only come about on FT since Pearson said it on the radio last season lol

lol Yep, and the amount of times it gets used out of context is quite astonishing too....delusions of eloquence, more like.

i rate vardy as a decent impact striker, for me he is better than both waghorn and certainly from what i have seen of futacs, vardy is better than him! his energy is second to none and his pace is also top class

have you seen him player in the last 17 games?

Archived