Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross-Kemp

Charlton post match.

Give me Kermogant over any of the other strikers that are on the bench at the minute. He dominated our whole back line tonight. They pressed us better than anyone else has done all season.

Anyway, just a poor performance all around, with what I'd say two individual errors for either of their goals. Drinkwater needs to just clear it, and Kasper was too far off his Line.

There wasn't much, if any movement. There was too many bottled tackles, no-one seemed to want to step up to the plate. As soon as we went behind we resorted to long ball.

Let's just hope the tide turns, because we need any result quick. This run can't continue else we could see our play-off position coming under threat.

Again this thread shows the rather childish attempts at 'covering-up' reality.

Yes, we are still in the play-offs, no I don't want to sack Pearson...

However, accept that we again have lost a game tonight that we should have won, with the first goal conceded to a daft error.

This is not the time in the season to be doing this. We have had a fantastic chance to cement a top two finish and have allowed it to slip away..

That's really not acceptable is it?

I fear now that we will probably have to resign ourselves to play-offs at best, when that didn't need to be the case.

It's frustrating but don't just 'excuse' our loss tonight with throwaway irony like 'yeah Pearson should be sacked shouldn't he'. No he shouldn't, but questions DO need answering.

If you think that you had a bad day at the office? Well we had divine intervention against us.

19 shots to 4, over 13 corners to 1, 65% possession and hit woodwork 5 times! TBH I think these are wrong, we had more corners. Would love to see the passing stats too.

Brighton's Italian style time wasting and slowing down the ball was a sight to behold throughout the second half...didn't know whether to punch something or take it as a compliment.

It was a sublime performance........and we lost. haha.

Remind you of a particular fixture?

On to the next game.

However, accept that we again have lost a game tonight that we should have won, with the first goal conceded to a daft error.

This is not the time in the season to be doing this. We have had a fantastic chance to cement a top two finish and have allowed it to slip away..

I fear now that we will probably have to resign ourselves to play-offs at best, when that didn't need to be the case.

It's frustrating but don't just 'excuse' our loss tonight with throwaway irony like 'yeah Pearson should be sacked shouldn't he'. No he shouldn't, but questions DO need answering.

Why "should" we win? Why do we have a right to win any match in this topsy-turvy league?

What questions need answering? How did Haynes score a wonder goal? Why do some of ours fans insist on blaming the players, without considering how well the oppo played? Kermo had a fantastic game tonight, he was simply too good for us tonight.

Really disappointed and frustrated with that result, i just don't know what has happened to us! I know we got a few injuries recently but we can't go from being a decent team to a bad team overnight!

However i do think it's time Pearson seriously looked at getting some loanees in... It could just be the tonic needed, few fresh faces that wanna impress and hopefully take us back on track and stop the complacency in the team

We are one dimensional under Pearson's tactics and have been found out big time. All they had to do was close us down and we had no room to do our passing game and no plan B to change too when that inevitable tactic was played against us.

Some people need to get it into there thick heads that we are simply not good enough for a automatic spot and never have been all season. All we have done is flatter to deceive. We will be lucky to even get a playoff spot.

Lets see who can overreact to this statement. In reality apart from about 6 matches this season our performances have been average at best and all that's happened is we have got away with it in the past. Now we are being found out!!

No midfield ball winner all season - and don't give me that Drinkwater rubbish if he's a ball winner I will play for England in the next World Cup.

Utter garbage.

When will NP tactically get it right against a tinpot outfit with 11 behind the ball?

442 does not cut it and swapping like for like does not cut it either.

Sort it out.

Not good enough.

Would that be the same tinpot outfit that's just had our pants down for all six points ?

Lamby for what it's worth I think Charlton are a half decent side yes

That's one person who does then lol Hopefully build on this win as we play both Notts Forest and Burnley at home next so need to build momentum to get amongst them

Pearson's post match interview was especially poor tonight. I've always abided his arrogance and dourness and I've backed him throughout both reigns, but he didn't sound like a promotion-winning manager to me.

In his first spell I heard him often criticise our players even after wins, the logic being to keep them on their toes. He never does this now. His support for these players is almost unconditional. It wavers as frequently as his tactical approach to games.

When he was more aggressive in his post-match assessment - against Burton and Millwall - we subsequently went on winning runs. Tonight was apologetic beyond reason. Could it be that a bit of stick brandished, in a sea of carrot, works from time to time?

I heard these phrases uttered tonight:

'These things happen' (x3)

'We have been excellent this season for the most part' (repeated for the past six or seven interviews on the trot... now 'mostly decent' I would accept, but if we are aspiring towards automatic promotion that 'excellent' is, frankly, deluded)

'You can't win every game' (which is worrying close to making it sound okay to lose)

And - worst of all - when asked whether he was worried about a nine point gap opening up between us and second, he said 'you can't do anything about it' before cutting himself short and remembering we'd just lost two games against relegation candidates.

If his post match interviews are any reflection on what he says to the players, and there are some indications that they are (e.g. Gallagher's post match comments) then don't expect things to get better any time soon.

The Squad isnt good enough, outside of a one or two signings and some players on loan, we are still relying on players that are miles away. We have a good run, however we still create alot of chances and dont score enough goals. The difference (in general) despite a good goal differnce is that our strikers do not score enough goals vs the chances created and Kasper does not make enough match winning saves, i dont think he is ever makes the differnce in winning a game.

Why "should" we win? Why do we have a right to win any match in this topsy-turvy league?

What questions need answering? How did Haynes score a wonder goal? Why do some of ours fans insist on blaming the players, without considering how well the oppo played? Kermo had a fantastic game tonight, he was simply too good for us tonight.

Again... Excuses

Of course we should have won the game!

We are a near the top of the table side, with a full strength squad, at home, against a very average Charlton team. Yes they thwarted us very well tonight but they aren't a good team.. Look at their league position. We SHOULD absolutely have had enough in the tank to break them down and to win this match.

Again, this shows to me that actually, we are still lacking sufficient quality to 'get the job done' when we bloody need to.

Hull won again, Watford go matching on.. But we lose.

So YES! Questions do need answering and pretty quickly. Even Forest look like they could come up in the rails, rejuvenated by Davis.

Archived