Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross-Kemp

Charlton post match.

I hate it when i wake up and check FT, that the post match topic doesnt have the score/result in the title... but ive discovered that, i can still tell immediately if w won or lost.

If we won, the post match topic is about 4 pages when i get up.

If we lost, then its about 10 pages.

wonder why that is? :)

I hate it when i wake up and check FT, that the post match topic doesnt have the score/result in the title... but ive discovered that, i can still tell immediately if w won or lost.

If we won, the post match topic is about 4 pages when i get up.

If we lost, then its about 10 pages.

wonder why that is? :)

You mean you don't stay up to follow the match? BOO.

Pearson dropped a bollock in not signing a couple more players in January, a midfielder and another winger to be precise, his other mistake in terms of squad personnel is letting Schluup train with Man Utd . We really could do with him in the squad to offer pace, and competition to the strikers, wingers and Konchesky. He adds options to the squad, we looked great earlier in the season with Dyer, De Laet, Schluup and Knockaert attacking both wings. We now look far too stale as he insists on Marshall and Knockaert starting every game. Both are too young to rely on each week.

That said, ive got full confidence in Pearson to rectify these problems for next season.

As far as this season goes, all is not lost. Win our two games in hand and we are back in business for 2nd. We are quite capable of going on another run. Even if we dont, i really cannot see us dropping out of the playoffs. Some people need to stop panicking and just have a bit of faith.

On another note, i know the evening kickoff doesnt help but the atmosphere is ****ing shit, and it certainly doesnt help the team. People in L1 who dont bother singing are the biggest twats of our fanbase, worse than the constant moaners seated everywhere.

A 'your mum' comeback? Oh my word, get to bed mate - school in the morning.

Rather than this nonsense Rich, what did you actually think of last nights performance?

Personally, I've woken up this morning feeling deflated at losing. I also think that Chris Powell has tactically out-classed Pearson twice this season now, which is a little worrying.

From a team in form in January, to a team looking a mess in February, something must've been the catalyst for such a change.

Look no further than the cup game at Huddersfield. Basically you should keep the momentum going, you shouldn't change a winning team. We then changed back for Pererborough, changed it a bit again for Huddersfield at home then again last night.

The team has been disrupted, has now had a set of bad results and now look lacking in the confidence they were striding around with in January.

The manager has to take the rap for those changes.

Dont no if its been posted in the previous twelve pages but what is it with our courners!!!! No wonder we never look like scoring from them with those stupid floated balls 2 the back post or in 2 the keepers hands every time!!

Only time this season we've looked dangerous from set pieces was when waggy was playing as that boy can whip a corner in with a bit of pace, sligthest touch and it could be in the back of the net!!! How has this not been sorted? Marshall and knockaert are quite capable of whipping a ball in yet every time bar marshalls last courner before he got brought off they opted 2 chip it in with no pace

Also this momentum bull, if he played full strength at udders and someone got injured he would be slated. Being a manager nowadays is an unwinnable game, there is always something for you lot to moan about!

Has anyone considered that this slump might coincide with the boos and the players twitter comments about such boos? Imagine what that could of done to moral and confidence within the squad, anyone considered that actually players read this site and may be slightly effected by the slagging off they get.

We were second in the league and some of you still boo and moan.

And before you say their professionals they should take it yarda yadda, if someone stood next to you at your job and boed you when you were performing at a peak, dont you think your attitude towards work would change?

FICKLE AND UNREALISTIC FANS OUT!

As for recent games, second half of the season these teams are fighting for their lives ala posh or pride ala charlton they were always going to be tough physical games.

Bring on Blackpool!

Felt like our spirit was missing last night. We simply didn't look like a unit. Whilst there is still all to play for, games come thick and fast now and within a couple of weeks there'll be just 10 left. In other words we need to refind our mojo double quick. And those corners. Is it too much to expect that we hit it to where someone tall is standing?

Rather than this nonsense Rich, what did you actually think of last nights performance?

Personally, I've woken up this morning feeling deflated at losing. I also think that Chris Powell has tactically out-classed Pearson twice this season now, which is a little worrying.

I thought we were shit. I don't think we were tactically outclassed, I just thought our players were well off the pace and got punished by an organised, disciplined Charlton side which is disappointing because that's one thing I expect a Nigel Pearson side to be like. We couldn't string a pass together and constantly gave the ball away... our defence and attack weren't bad, but the main problem last night was our midfield. Knoackaert had possibly his worst game in a City shirt, Drinky looks a shadow of his former self and needs dropping now, King and James for the next game IMO. James looked ok but didn't really influence the game that much, Marshall also not too bad, but couldn't do anything to grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

The problem is we rely on Knockaert and Drinky more than people realise and when they play shite, the whole team suffers. I don't think this is a problem in CM because I think King is more than good enough to come in and perform well, but we don't have enough options on the wing. Dyer's ok, Gallagher's ok, Marshall's ok, but we don't have any great wingers apart from Knocks. IF Pearson really wants to loan a player, I would very much consider pushing the boat out and trying to get a good winger in. Marc Albrighton for the right or Shane Ferguson from Newcastle for the left, maybe Callum McManaman from Wigan or Suso from Liverpool... There are certainly options out there who would be available.

Pearson dropped a bollock in not signing a couple more players in January, a midfielder and another winger to be precise, his other mistake in terms of squad personnel is letting Schluup train with Man Utd . We really could do with him in the squad to offer pace, and competition to the strikers, wingers and Konchesky. He adds options to the squad, we looked great earlier in the season with Dyer, De Laet, Schluup and Knockaert attacking both wings. We now look far too stale as he insists on Marshall and Knockaert starting every game. Both are too young to rely on each week.

That said, ive got full confidence in Pearson to rectify these problems for next season.

As far as this season goes, all is not lost. Win our two games in hand and we are back in business for 2nd. We are quite capable of going on another run. Even if we dont, i really cannot see us dropping out of the playoffs. Some people need to stop panicking and just have a bit of faith.

On another note, i know the evening kickoff doesnt help but the atmosphere is ****ing shit, and it certainly doesnt help the team. People in L1 who dont bother singing are the biggest twats of our fanbase, worse than the constant moaners seated everywhere.

On your last point, I always thought it was an english tradition in that the night games had the best atmosphere under the floodlights and so on. I didn't go last night but from what you're saying then this appears not to be the case any longer.....and hasn't been for some time.....

Until the management work out a tactic to combat teams playing 4-5-1 every team turning up here will continue to play that way. It floods the centre, we're out numbered and blocks the creative freedom of players like Knockaert. Replacing players like for like rarely works and we never seem willing to change our style to give them something else to think about, that just plays in to their game plan.

Very frustrating, but they need to pull their finger out otherwise we might have more to come.

Until the management work out a tactic to combat teams playing 4-5-1 every team turning up here will continue to play that way. It floods the centre, we're out numbered and blocks the creative freedom of players like Knockaert. Replacing players like for like rarely works and we never seem willing to change our style to give them something else to think about, that just plays in to their game plan.

Very frustrating, but they need to pull their finger out otherwise we might have more to come.

Even if a team turns up and plays 4-5-1 though and effectively plays for a nil nil, there are still two big problems here:

- Its still 11 v 11 and we have to be able to deal with it.

- How on earth have Charlton, despite setting up quite defensively against us, scored FIVE goals against us this year?

Whichever way you spin it, its unacceptable.

NP has to find a solution. The buck stops with him. I don't think he has an alternative, hence his lacklustre substitutions and post match interviews. He genuinely just thinks 'these things happen' and he's 'unlucky' - he's too passive.

Even if a team turns up and plays 4-5-1 though and effectively plays for a nil nil, there are still two big problems here:

- Its still 11 v 11 and we have to be able to deal with it.

- How on earth have Charlton, despite setting up quite defensively against us, scored FIVE goals against us this year?

Whichever way you spin it, its unacceptable.

NP has to find a solution. The buck stops with him. I don't think he has an alternative, hence his lacklustre substitutions and post match interviews. He genuinely just thinks 'these things happen' and he's 'unlucky' - he's too passive.

We lost 2-1 both times, didn't we?

Personally, I think the day-glo advertising boards are to blame. Who wouldn't be tempted to review options in the Fanstore with 80% off or the delights of a Pukka Pie when broadcast so colourfully all night long. Amazing Thailand. Yes, please! Oops, missed Danny Haynes cracking that one in, but hey I'm gonna text the Foxes Foundation post-match so nothing lost there

Get rid of the boards and let everyone focus on the pitch again. I really don't want to be sold shit all night and if they stay I'm out of here.....

Fact is when teams come to KP put 5 in midfield with one up front we struggle. We have no plan B .

I will maybe slagged off for this but how good was Kermorgant last night. He just prove what i already thought that he is the best target man in the league

I will maybe slagged off for this but how good was Kermorgant last night. He just prove what i already thought that he is the best target man in the league

And our moronic fans are to blame for him not wanting to be here. Sums up our fans really doesn't it, hounding someone out of a club because they missed a penno.

Sums it up for me. It was the same under Sven as well, we just don't know how to deal with teams that sit back and aim to frustrate.

We need some better attacking options on the bench. Gallagher wasn't a bad option last night as Marshall and Knocky had little space to work their magic, so Gallagher's deliveries and set-pieces were a good backup. However, other than that there were no decent option on the bench that could have changed the match. Only like-for-like or players not up to it at this level.

Nugent was off-colour last night, in an ideal world we'd have brought him off after an hour and replaced him with another Championship level goal-threat, but we don't have one. Vardy and Futacs aren't up to it and Waghorn isn't an impact sub. We need a Kevin Phillips.

If a team let's us play, we are a good side. However, the more teams that get a result by flooding the midfield and frustrating us the more teams will do it.

Archived