Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross-Kemp

Charlton post match.

The solution is to make changes however we cannot do that because our back up personnel aren't good enough so we are in a viscous cycle until we get loan players in, if we don't it looks like we are regressing and performances have gone down the shitter in recent times that can change for the good but we need action either NP gets a move on in the loan window or we will potentially be left ruing our greatest opportunity of getting automatic promotion.

Just out of interest where do you expect us to finish in the league and who are we expected to beat in your opinion???

Between 1-10 and I 'expect' us to beat no-one. We HAVE the ability to beat anyone, but we are not EXPECTED to win against anyone.

Pearson will only sign players for the right reasons, he's not gonna spunk up wages for any Tom, Dick or Harry, ala Sven...

I am not suggesting that he needs to ramp up the wage bill for the sake of it. MON had a very small squad when we were going for promotion and when we were in the Prem, in fact we had one of the smallest squads. Everyone of those players had a superb work ethic and good enough quality. We have a small sqaud but nowhere near enough consistent quality running through it.

The same "terrible Huddersfield" that beat us in the last game?? You kinda made his point for him there!!!

6 goals at home against a side that beat us in the cup only last week. Yep, I'd suggest that's a pretty rejuvenated Forest side. My concern is that they'll keep going too.

Yes in a meaningless cup game that neither team showed and effort or enthusiasm to win. Infact the very same 11 for us who started today beat that same Huddersfield side 6-1 also... If you wish to worry about teams 8 points below us in the league having played 2 more games then be my guest. Once the 'new manager syndrome' wears off Forest will finish bang mid table which reflects them as a club.

Again results like this happen to every club throughout the season. How many of us thought we would beat Boro away or get a point away at Hull? Peterborough have beat us, Cardiff and Hull and are still in the relegation zone. This league is not as black and white as you seem to put it Col and its true that anybody can beat anybody. Fookin Barnsley have won 5 in a row, lets just have a bit of perspective and not just take a snap shot of certain periods of the season but look as a whole.

Between 1-10 and I 'expect' us to beat no-one. We HAVE the ability to beat anyone, but we are not EXPECTED to win against anyone.

Take a peek at the Charlton pre-match thread and tell me most people didn't EXPECT us to win tonight...

:thumbup:

Oh, and then do the same for the Udders FA cup replay pre-match thread.

Etc etc etc...

Tonights game was in one word "frustrating" I felt the atmosphere tonight didn't help, I notice there's a lot of fans who one minute treat Knockeart as a god then if he's having a bad game they boo him to hell and say he's not fit to wear the shirt!

Marshall looked really poor once again, needs to be dropped! Gally impressed a slighty when he came on, might see him start against Blackpool. Dyer once again helped with the Wood goal but apart from that no much of impact. Nugent was dreadful and didn't look fit to me, De Laet the same, Drinky didn't have the best of games either.

We need a new face they team is looking really dry at the moment, we're becoming predictable. Bradley Pritchard for them really impressed me, i remember him from his Nuneaton Borough days he looked class back then.

The same "terrible Huddersfield" that beat us in the last game?? You kinda made his point for him there!!!

But they were terrible. Which says a lot for our current plight.

OH FFS... yes, I'm so happy to have lost.

Look, we don't have a right to beat these teams. Tonight, we lost to a fantastic goal. On another night, it wouldn't have gone in. To suggest that we should beat any team outside of the play-offs, based on league position, is naive, bordering on ridiculous.

We've now lost to Peterborough, Huddersfield and Charlton in a row. Our last 5 games have been one win, one draw and three losses.

Why are you so happy to accept mediocrity? Fans have every right to be pissed off and upset, when we were challenging for automatic promotion and suddenly threw it all away.

Yes in a meaningless cup game that neither team showed and effort or enthusiasm to win. Infact the very same 11 for us who started today beat that same Huddersfield side 6-1 also... If you wish to worry about teams 8 points below us in the league having played 2 more games then be my guest. Once the 'new manager syndrome' wears off Forest will finish bang mid table which reflects them as a club.

Again results like this happen to every club throughout the season. How many of us thought we would beat Boro away or get a point away at Hull? Peterborough have beat us, Cardiff and Hull and are still in the relegation zone. This league is not as black and white as you seem to put it Col and its true that anybody can beat anybody. Fookin Barnsley have won 5 in a row, lets just have a bit of perspective and not just take a snap shot of certain periods of the season but look as a whole.

Forest will be pushing for the play-offs....

No magicians wand... Just a decent manager in charge of a pretty good squad of players.

IMO.

I am not suggesting that he needs to ramp up the wage bill for the sake of it. MON had a very small squad when we were going for promotion and when we were in the Prem, in fact we had one of the smallest squads. Everyone of those players had a superb work ethic and good enough quality. We have a small sqaud but nowhere near enough consistent quality running through it.

I don't disagree, i have said for ages we lack at least 3 more players to put pressure on others and to make the squad pretty strong... I see the squad at the moment and have for ages play-offs at best, we lack depth and genuine competition for places to push us into automatic promotion contenders

Not expecting to beat anyone would indicate that you think we will finish bottom.

Agreed, if you are currently residing in the top 6, then you really should be EXPECTING to beat ANY bottom half team at home. Because lets face it, the teams that go on to get promoted....do exactly that over the course of a season!

Why the hell are your expectations so low that this is seen as a fantastic result???

Well he set up our goal.. And did more than the useless Knockaert and Marshall

This is vital, I think.

AK is great to watch in full flow, but there's seldom much actually delivered for the team. That and he stops dead at 60 minutes. Since mid December he and Drinkwater have been all but useless, but escape the wrath of the critics on here for some reason. Konchesky and King have done a damn sight more than either of them but still get panned. I think much of the rage against the critics isn't that they're complaining, it's that it's always the usual suspects to blame, even when it obviously isn't...

Agreed, if you are currently residing in the top 6, then you really should be EXPECTING to beat ANY bottom half team at home. Because lets face it, the teams that go on to get promoted....do exactly that over the course of a season!

And we have done that all this fvcking season!

Right I'm leaving the forum for a few days to calm down. This is fvcking ridiculous now

We've now lost to Peterborough, Huddersfield and Charlton in a row. Our last 5 games have been one win, one draw and three losses.

Why are you so happy to accept mediocrity? Fans have every right to be pissed off and upset, when we were challenging for automatic promotion and suddenly threw it all away.

Right. Twice we've thrown it away now. And I didn't see us tonight, but in the fifteen games I have seen we have, at times, looked like we lack the hard edge needed to out-battle teams like Charlton on nights like tonight.

What worries me most is that this bad run was predictable as far back as the Boro game. Tonight, unless I'm wrong, we played precisely the same team with pretty much the same tactics as we did that night. Pearson has many qualities, but being proactive isn't one of them.

And we have done that all this fvcking season!

Right I'm leaving the forum for a few days to calm down. This is fvcking ridiculous now

He's making the same point as you - we have been doing it and would expect to do it. He's making the point to someone that thinks we shouldn't expect to beat anyone.

Archived