Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross-Kemp

Charlton post match.

Cardiff should have comfortably had enough to beat Brighton.. but they didn't. The championship is the most unpredictable league in the world. When do results always go to the form book and teams at the top win every week? If they did I would win thousands of pounds every week from the bookies by backing the team who are in the top 6 to win every week.

As I mentioned in a previous thread Palace won 2 in 12 at one point during the season,but now have found a bit of form and are flying again. This league is all about runs, win a few in a row and we will be up there, lose a few in a row and we can fall to mid table.

The last 4 or 5 performances have been poor which I agree is an issue of concern. There are calls for loanees but which team will be willling to let a good player out on loan at this crunch stage of the season? We need a good win at the weekend to give us a fresh kick to try and cut the gap and gain momentum.

And the last statement is laughable, A win and a draw at home against 2 shit teams and you are hailing Billy Davies as some sort of magician.

People just need to take a step back and look at where we are in the table, look at the young and promising squad we currently have and realise actually we are doing alright. I think far too many got caught up when we won 5 on the spin and into the top 2 and thought we had made it.

Who is hailing Billy Davis as a magician. I said it looks like Forest could come up on the rails. Because it does... I think they are a team to challenge for the 6th spot.

1. Why Pearson is so reluctant to shake up his tactics.

Because he doesn't have any options in his tiny squad that would make the side better.

2. How such an average player as Kermogant can be so influential against us.

Because we are dereft of confidence and the manager can't change things - see above.

3. How the usually nimble David Nugent can go off the boil like he has.

because noone is battling for his place. he's in his comfort zone played every week whatever form he's in. see Q1

4. Why Pearson doesn't play Andy King at home and Matty James away. Instead he does it vice-verca.

Because James is a better player home and away!!

5. Why Pearson came out with a lot of bollox tonight in his post match interview (see Hinckley Fox's) post above.

Because it was Pearson in a post match interview.

6. Why Chris Powell can seemingly 'out-tactic' Nigel Pearson in such an important game for the club.

My proverbial granny could out tactic someone with one tactic

7. Why our fans, many of whom were so convinced that we were going up automatically only a couple of weeks ago, are now so suddenly satisfied with probable play-offs?

Because nigel told them to be.

Phew... There's 7 to be going on with..

1. Why Pearson is so reluctant to shake up his tactics. Because we don't have the versatility in our players to play much variation on the 442. Eg. we CAN'T play 433.

2. How such an average player as Kermogant can be so influential against us.Define 'average'. All of our strikers are pretty average.

3. How the usually nimble David Nugent can go off the boil like he has. ​Because form isn't permanent? All players have peaks and troughs.

4. Why Pearson doesn't play Andy King at home and Matty James away. Instead he does it vice-verca. Because you shouldn't need to rotate players based on venue.

5. Why Pearson came out with a lot of bollox tonight in his post match interview (see Hinckley Fox's) post above. Because Stringer is interviewing him?

6. Why Chris Powell can seemingly 'out-tactic' Nigel Pearson in such an important game for the club. So NFP is a 'better' manager than Powell? Why should Pearson 'out tactic' Powell anyway?

7. Why our fans, many of whom were so convinced that we were going up automatically only a couple of weeks ago, are now so suddenly satisfied with probable play-offs?Because they are realists and realise that we're not world-beaters.

Next...

The league table doesn't lie, they're an average side.

We're only in that position as we like to concede equalisers and winners between the 88th-94th min, would of had another 7 points if it wasn't for that

So do we look like a mid-table team then?

Very much so.

We're only in that position as we like to concede equalisers and winners between the 88th-94th min

True. They should stop games at 88 minutes and put you straight in the top six I reckon.

Who is hailing Billy Davis as a magician. I said it looks like Forest could come up on the rails. Because it does... I think they are a team to challenge for the 6th spot.

By saying he has 'rejuvinated' them? He has drew against an average Bolton side and beat a terrible Huddersfield team both at home, and by your logic they are both games forest should win as they are confortably above them in the table. I would happily wager money on us finishing in the top 6 and Forest not.

1. Why Pearson is so reluctant to shake up his tactics.

2. How such an average player as Kermogant can be so influential against us.

3. How the usually nimble David Nugent can go off the boil like he has.

4. Why Pearson doesn't play Andy King at home and Matty James away. Instead he does it vice-verca.

5. Why Pearson came out with a lot of bollox tonight in his post match interview (see Hinckley Fox's) post above.

6. Why Chris Powell can seemingly 'out-tactic' Nigel Pearson in such an important game for the club.

7. Why our fans, many of whom were so convinced that we were going up automatically only a couple of weeks ago, are now so suddenly satisfied with probable play-offs?

Right. Even more worrying is that players' post match interview always seem to mirror Pearson's. The James comments after Huddersfield, the Konchesky tweets, Gallagher's interview today. Even worse, this refusal to accept that things aren't quite right appears to be reflected in our subsequent performances. They react by playing as if they don't need to do anything more to win games.

All of this is fine if scraping sixth place is our aim. I've no doubt that the board disagree - and even less doubt that few neutrals will feel that Pearson is moving any mountains at Leicester right now. If we don't go up, he's out of a job and goes into the Lee Clark (Huddersfield) / Mark McGhee (Wolves) etc. category of managers who can't achieve promotion with exceptional resources at hand. He will not be walking in to such a high-reaching club anytime soon. Believe me, expectations at this club - at board level at least - are higher than some of NP's interviews seem to suggest.

By saying he has 'rejuvinated' them? He has drew against an average Bolton side and beat a terrible Huddersfield team both at home, and by your logic they are both games forest should win as they are confortably above them in the table. I would happily wager money on us finishing in the top 6 and Forest not.

The same "terrible Huddersfield" that beat us in the last game?? You kinda made his point for him there!!!

6 goals at home against a side that beat us in the cup only last week. Yep, I'd suggest that's a pretty rejuvenated Forest side. My concern is that they'll keep going too.

You keep on with your excuses...

If you're happy to lose at home to Charlton when we needed to keep winning at home then be my guest.

Personally, I see it as a bad night in our promotion push. Basically because it is. For all the reasons I suggested above.

OH FFS... yes, I'm so happy to have lost.

Look, we don't have a right to beat these teams. Tonight, we lost to a fantastic goal. On another night, it wouldn't have gone in. To suggest that we should beat any team outside of the play-offs, based on league position, is naive, bordering on ridiculous.

Look, we don't have a right to beat these teams. Tonight, we lost to a fantastic goal. On another night, it wouldn't have gone in. To suggest that we should beat any team outside of the play-offs, based on league position, is naive, bordering on ridiculous.

Just out of interest where do you expect us to finish in the league and who are we expected to beat in your opinion???

My piece, then I'm off for the night/week/month/whatever:

1) this forum continually reminds me that we have some of the worst fans in the country. Some of you seem to actively want us to do badly, some of you seem to actively think that we should win every game against 'tinpot' teams and the rest of you only show your faces when we lose. Try contributing to the board when we win please.

2) we have NO divine right to dominate this league. As ever, the Championship is incredibly tight and our squad is not leagues ahead of anyone else's. The fact that we signed Chris Wood, a relatively unproven lad, does not mean that we're going to walk the rest of the season.

3) being beaten by a fantastic goal is not the sign of the apocalypse, or that NFP has 'lost it'. We were simply unlucky, it happens in football.

This is a perfect indication. How about Middlesboro, about 6 weeks ago... Do you even watch our team?

I watched the game against Boro, I thought we were poor and very fortunate to get a win. I thought we failed to create chances and break a side down, which has been our problem all season, I thought we were equally poor against Wolves. I saw us away at Bristol City and since scoring 10 goals in 2 games we have not been good enough, we are not consistent. The Squad lacks depth and quality and the manager lacks either the confidence or the funds to make the right signings. As a result of this he also has to persvere with players in the squad that do not perform, Futacs (who should have scored 2 against Huddersfield) is in the same leage as ( ironically) as Kermogant, Pearson perseveres with these players when they should not even feature in the sqaud. We should of probablyhave got another quality striker in the Tranfer window. Regardless any team that relies on like of Wellens, Waghorn or Dyer of the bench does not have the quality to consistently perform well and challenge for the automatic places. Maybe its not down to Pearson maybe the owners do not have the budget they say they do and are in fact keeping a very close grip on the wage bill.

I'm sure you are no more happy than I am to have lost, but to suggest that defeat in any game is unavoidable is simply wrong.

We lost to a fantastic goal... The same was said, I believe, after we lost to Charlton at their place to a goal scored by a player who is now on loan at Brentford.

Great strike though it was, give players too much space around the penalty area, you will be punished..

Oh forget it, can't be arsed to argue with you anymore. No, we have no 'divine right' to beat Charlton at home.. Etc etc blah Di fookin blah..

I watched the game against Boro, I thought we were poor and very fortunate to get a win. I thought we failed to create chances and break a side down, which has been our problem all season, I thought we were equally poor against Wolves. I saw us away at Bristol City and since scoring 10 goals in 2 games we have not been good enough, we are not consistent. The Squad lacks depth and quality and the manager lacks either the confidence or the funds to make the right signings. As a result of this he also has to persvere with players in the squad that do not perform, Futacs (who should have scored 2 against Huddersfield) is in the same leage as ( ironically) as Kermogant, Pearson perseveres with these players when they should not even feature in the sqaud. We should of probablyhave got another quality striker in the Tranfer window. Regardless any team that relies on like of Wellens, Waghorn or Dyer of the bench does not have the quality to consistently perform well and challenge for the automatic places. Maybe its not down to Pearson maybe the owners do not have the budget they say they do and are in fact keeping a very close grip on the wage bill.

Failed to create chances but yet hit the woodwork 3 times and had two rules out, one wrongly so.

The problem was changing a winning team in the cup, look very average now and there seems to be a lack of spark. Same happened earlier in the season, we just can't sustain our runs

Maybe its not down to Pearson maybe the owners do not have the budget they say they do and are in fact keeping a very close grip on the wage bill.

Pearson will only sign players for the right reasons, he's not gonna spunk up wages for any Tom, Dick or Harry, ala Sven...

Archived