Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Blackpool Match Thread

@OfficialFOXES

#lcfc team to play Blackpool: Schmeichel, De Laet, Konchesky, Drinkwater, Morgan ©, Marshall, King, Keane, Nugent, Kane, Wood.

433 then?

James was carrying an injury wasn't he, which is why King is in & Wellens moves up to the bench

Pleased to see Knocky dropped, he needs a kick up the bum & could do great work coming off the bench

Fear for pacey wingers attacking Konch, needed Schlupp at LB for this one with either Konch or SSL just inside him to make up for the lack of experience

He's on the bench according to twitter.

So it seems. Didn't think Pearson would ever drop him, he was quiet against Charlton.

If anything, Marshall should have been dropped, overall, he's had more poor performances than Knocky.

His track-record suggests it will be 4-4-2 with Nuge palying wide left, I suspect. That's a big call when he has players on the bench who can play wide left for us arguably better than Nuge. My worry is not going forward but defending down that side. Really big call for me. But that's what he gets paid for so 10/10 for courage.

It will be interesting to see how having some decent competition up front will affect the team. I'd start Nugent and Wood, and expect them to play like they're trying to avoid losing their place in the team to Kane, who I'd bring on for the last half an hour.

It is a shite pitch, so we'll probably be forced to play more direct than usual. Maybe bringing Kane on for Nugent towards the end of the match will be effective.

It's a real shame James is injured, and that Schlupp isn't available - Konch struggled in the reverse fixture at full back, while Jeff impressed.

I really don't rate Paul Ince as a manager, but this is his first home match since being appointed, so anybody's guess as to how well Blackpool will perform.

On another thread, 2 of NP's biggest critisisms were no loanees and a rigid 4-4-2 formation.

That formation today looks like a 4-2-1-3 to me with Marsh in the hole. Along with Kane up front, we have to say that NP is addressing what we percive to be big problems.

I'm enthused by the line up and hope it lives up to its promise!!

Archived