Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Blackpool Match Thread

Thing is Knocky playing poorly is still streets ahead of Marshall

I disagree. Some fans have classed Marshall as shit this season because he hasn't scored any screamers yet. He's still very skillful and puts just as many decent crosses into the box as Knocky. I'd also suggest Knocky has been found out a bit this year. I also think he looks knackered. A very good player to have fresh off the bench the last half hour if we're losing

They have the beast of Damien Delaney,

People wanting Gallagher to start in the Pre Match thread, shows how much shit we have on the wings. Knockaert and Dyer fair enough, but Wellens, Gallagher, Vardy and Whitbread, what they have done this season, apart from being average?

I'm sorry but this just proves how weak our back up is, feel sorry for four of the youngsters as well, Taft, Dodoo, Panayiotou and Hopper have been talked up a lot, Panayiotou scored on his debut, Dodoo travelled with the squad this season, Hopper just come back off loan, why don't we put one of these on the bench?

They would play for a quite a few teams of this division

If the bench were as great as people seem to be clamouring for they'd all be moaning and causing all the upset we've had for the past 2 years... We're Leicester City not ManUtd, no one as good as that will be happy sitting on our bench and remain a positive influence in the squad rather than a negative influence.

Those young lads need loaning to a Lg2 team to get competitive match experience.

Don't get Marshalls latest criticism. Just because he's not scoring worldies doesn't mean he isn't contributing. Same scenario as Kingy. 2-1 to City today I feel!

I'm not having a pop at Marshall Matty as I honestly think he is a very good player on his day just think Knocky is usually better that's all. Anyway up the Foxes whoever plays for us!

Don't get Marshalls latest criticism. Just because he's not scoring worldies doesn't mean he isn't contributing. Same scenario as Kingy. 2-1 to City today I feel!

I'm glad it's not just me.

He is our top player for assists with 6.

Looks like a very attacking team, will be good to see how Kane gets on.

Feeling good today think we can do um 3-1.

Wouldn't be shocked if we're 1 down at half time though... Time for the team to get there act together and start winning and playing fluid football again before its too late.

he hasn't though. He's just not scored any goals from inside our own half

Spot on

Knocky is an awesome talent... but Marshall contributes a lot more crosses which with Kane & Wood we'll be able to take advantage of

Whilst Knocky does tackle back when it suits him, coupled with a a few poor performances I think he'll do well to sit out the early part of this game and be a strong gamechanger coming off the bench

How Marshall has been picked ahead of Knockaert is beyond me. :nono:

Because Knockaert is as much as a liability as he is a threat, gives the ball away, silly challenges, when he's not having a good game you effectively have 10 men. Marshall needs to start doing the simple things right again, he still offers an option on his bad days.

Craig shakespeare says it is a 4-3-3

Attacking side.

Brave move. Hope it comes off, obviously. Really interested to see how this one goes. Agree with those who have said Marshall should have been the one to go - don't like to be overly critical of any player but he's been anonymous in so many games this season - hopefully he proves me wrong today.

They would play for a quite a few teams of this division

If the bench were as great as people seem to be clamouring for they'd all be moaning and causing all the upset we've had for the past 2 years... We're Leicester City not ManUtd, no one as good as that will be happy sitting on our bench and remain a positive influence in the squad rather than a negative influence.

Those young lads need loaning to a Lg2 team to get competitive match experience.

But for a team challenging for promotion, having Wellens, Gallagher, Vardy as back up just isn't good enough, they haven't performed well in ages. Even Whitbread yes he has played Premier League football, and has put in some good performances this season, but he has been more bad than good, he is probably the player who has made the most mistakes this season.

I don't know why we don't give at least one youngster a chance, Panayiotou scored on his debut, we haven't seen him since, Dodoo travelled with the squad this season, not heard much since, Taft has been on the bench before as has Hopper. Cardiff gave a chance to Ben Nugent, he has been starting for them, Crystal Palace have many young players in there squad, as they have progressed the likes of Zaha and Williams through their ranks in recent campaigns.

I think Marshall over Knocky is tactical, nothing to do with who's been worse. Marshall can play in a midfield 3, Knocky can't. He's too attacking and wonders off too much. The 3 midfielders need to be box to box , not just 1 way if this formation is going to work. Marshall is far less of a gamble in this role. Had James been fit I would expect Marshall to have been dropped too

Archived