Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Blackpool Match Thread

I also think it's a good idea to give Knockaert a rest today as the pitch won't suit his game; I imagine it'd be a difficult to utilise his close control and deft touches on.

To be fair Marko you may have a point on that, Knocky may well need a rest and the pitch will be shite. Still he could also be a match winner coming off the bench

Brave move. Hope it comes off, obviously. Really interested to see how this one goes. Agree with those who have said Marshall should have been the one to go - don't like to be overly critical of any player but he's been anonymous in so many games this season - hopefully he proves me wrong today.

He's got the most assists.

He's disciplined in his position

Does a job

This isn't decrying Knocky, who I love... but what a great player to bring on for the last 30?

Marshall's crosses with Kane & Wood in the box is a good choice, another game... with Knocky in better form I could say the opposite

I don't get individuals who criticise players because that individual is doing a job for the team.

Same goes for King he brings the ball out of defence and starts off all of attacks.

Spot on

Knocky is an awesome talent... but Marshall contributes a lot more crosses which with Kane & Wood we'll be able to take advantage of

Whilst Knocky does tackle back when it suits him, coupled with a a few poor performances I think he'll do well to sit out the early part of this game and be a strong gamechanger coming off the bench

Apart from as we aren't playing 442 how is marshall going to get into these wide positions to provide these crosses?

But for a team challenging for promotion, having Wellens, Gallagher, Vardy as back up just isn't good enough, they haven't performed well in ages. Even Whitbread yes he has played Premier League football, and has put in some good performances this season, but he has been more bad than good, he is probably the player who has made the most mistakes this season.

I don't know why we don't give at least one youngster a chance, Panayiotou scored on his debut, we haven't seen him since, Dodoo travelled with the squad this season, not heard much since, Taft has been on the bench before as has Hopper. Cardiff gave a chance to Ben Nugent, he has been starting for them, Crystal Palace have many young players in there squad, as they have progressed the likes of Zaha and Williams through their ranks in recent campaigns.

Broadly speaking, I 100% agree with you

I was just replying as devil's advocate really although I do see that point of view too

But for a team challenging for promotion, having Wellens, Gallagher, Vardy as back up just isn't good enough, they haven't performed well in ages. Even Whitbread yes he has played Premier League football, and has put in some good performances this season, but he has been more bad than good, he is probably the player who has made the most mistakes this season.

I don't know why we don't give at least one youngster a chance, Panayiotou scored on his debut, we haven't seen him since, Dodoo travelled with the squad this season, not heard much since, Taft has been on the bench before as has Hopper. Cardiff gave a chance to Ben Nugent, he has been starting for them, Crystal Palace have many young players in there squad, as they have progressed the likes of Zaha and Williams through their ranks in recent campaigns.

They haven't played often in ages either. even world class players don't fit straight back into a side after being on the bench for so long

So people have moaned and moaned that Pearson never changes his tactics and is a 442 man.

He's changed to 433 today, let's not get on his / the teams back if we don't win.

This stage in the season the team needs support, not negativaty.

The season is 46 games long, there is still A LOT to play for.

UP THE CITY.

They haven't played often in ages either. even world class players don't fit straight back into a side after being on the bench for so long

But how many chances do they need, Vardy especially has been in the squad most weeks this season, and apart from the first couple of months, since then he has done bugger all, and a lot of fans will agree with me.

Wellens will never improve, because he is just too old, Gallagher is ok from time to time, but he is often lightweight as people mentioned, and hasn't been great in a year or so either.

We need better, if James was fit, Schlupp was here, and Waghorn was on the bench it would look much stronger.

But how many chances do they need, Vardy especially has been in the squad most weeks this season, and apart from the first couple of months, since then he has done bugger all, and a lot of fans will agree with me.

Wellens will never improve, because he is just too old, Gallagher is ok from time to time, but he is often lightweight as people mentioned, and hasn't been great in a year or so either.

We need better, if James was fit, Schlupp was here, and Waghorn was on the bench it would look much stronger.

Vardy needs to play games.

The first couple of months he was a very good player, a tad unlucky in front of goal maybe but he was doing brilliantly linking up with Nugent, played the widemen in all the time and layed it off to the midfield to allow greater numbers to join in the attack. He got something like 4 in 9 so it wasn't that his goals were as bad as people point out, even aside from that I felt his all round game was a positive contribution to the team.

Since then though he picked up an injury & then he was ill and he's never fitted back in. He missed some sitters and his confidence looks shot to pieces.

Never playing will not got your game back, and neither will coming on as sub to play right side for Knocky... but now we have better players up front so for me he has to go out on loan... Even if it was just a 30 day loan and then he comes back to the squad for the run-in, at the very least he would sharpen up

Archived