Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Callabinho

Most overrated band line up.

• Bruce Springsteen – lead vocals, guitar, harmonica, piano, synthesizer, glockenspiel
  • Patti Scialfa – vocals, acoustic guitar
  • Roy Bittan – piano, keyboards, accordion, backing vocals
  • Nils Lofgren – guitar, slide guitar, accordion, backing vocals
  • Steven Van Zandt – guitar, mandolin, backing vocals
  • Garry Tallent – bass
  • Max Weinberg – drums

OK not overatted as they are all very talented musicians..... But it has never done anything for me!!

Paul McCartney

John Lennon

George Harrison

Ringo "The Fat Controller" Starr

:yawn:

Doubt it. Changed music and still influence artists, including the likes of Bob Dylan, Paul Weller, Noel Gallagher etc

• Bruce Springsteen – lead vocals, guitar, harmonica, piano, synthesizer, glockenspiel
  • Patti Scialfa – vocals, acoustic guitar
  • Roy Bittan – piano, keyboards, accordion, backing vocals
  • Nils Lofgren – guitar, slide guitar, accordion, backing vocals
  • Steven Van Zandt – guitar, mandolin, backing vocals
  • Garry Tallent – bass
  • Max Weinberg – drums

OK not overatted as they are all very talented musicians..... But it has never done anything for me!!

Get out :P

Doubt it. Changed music and still influence artists, including the likes of Bob Dylan, Paul Weller, Noel Gallagher etc

Yeah, I just knew it would get somebodies back up. :)

Although I would include Paul, he irritates the hell out of me.

Yeah, I just knew it would get somebodies back up. :)

Although I would include Paul, he irritates the hell out of me.

It's not that it gets my back up, I mean, I've heard it so many times. Just that, regardless of media or public opinion, they were musically gifted... Lennon and McCartney are up there with the likes of Dylan in terms of songwriting. George is still classed as one of the greatest guitarists.

To be voted/spoke of highly by fellow professionals means a lot as well, whether its music or football. I don't share the opinion that they are overrated in anyway, Lennon was a very underrated guitarist. I know some of their songs they wrote arnt too good (see Wild Honey Pie and Revolution9) but the majority ate still among the best songs ever written. A Day In The Life is a masterpiece.

"Ringo Starr isn't even the best drummer in the Beatles." - John Lennon.

Much as I love the guy, Dave Grohl. The man is clearly a genius, who can musically turn his hand to just about anything it seems, but he's never been the best of (usually attributed to his drumming) in any particular field.

Much as I love the guy, Dave Grohl. The man is clearly a genius, who can musically turn his hand to just about anything it seems, but he's never been the best of (usually attributed to his drumming) in any particular field.

GTFO

GTFO

He's not the best drummer, guitarist or vocalist as some would have you believe. He is superbly, fantastic and I have all Nirvana's and Foo Fighters' albums plus other stuff he's been involved with. There are however better drummers, guitarists and singers out there - but they'll never be able to combine those talents as he does.

It's not that it gets my back up, I mean, I've heard it so many times. Just that, regardless of media or public opinion, they were musically gifted... Lennon and McCartney are up there with the likes of Dylan in terms of songwriting. George is still classed as one of the greatest guitarists.

To be voted/spoke of highly by fellow professionals means a lot as well, whether its music or football. I don't share the opinion that they are overrated in anyway, Lennon was a very underrated guitarist. I know some of their songs they wrote arnt too good (see Wild Honey Pie and Revolution9) but the majority ate still among the best songs ever written. A Day In The Life is a masterpiece.

Some of Georges guitar is decent but The Beatles don't do it for me at all. Even if they were influential, which I don't doubt, I just don't buy the hype.

He's not the best drummer, guitarist or vocalist as some would have you believe. He is superbly, fantastic and I have all Nirvana's and Foo Fighters' albums plus other stuff he's been involved with. There are however better drummers, guitarists and singers out there - but they'll never be able to combine those talents as he does.

As much as I love the bloke, The expression Jack of all trades, Master of none springs to mind!

He was right, McCartney was/is a decent drummer.

Both song's he's playing all the instruments himself.

Yeah, both Lennon and McCartney played drums. They had to fill in when Ringo quit first. Think McCartney plays them on 'Ballad of John and Yoko' as well.

Some of Georges guitar is decent but The Beatles don't do it for me at all. Even if they were influential, which I don't doubt, I just don't buy the hype.

Yeah, I'm not going to disagree. It's your opinion isn't it, it just differs from mine. Just like it could do with other things, such as football, as well.

Yeah, both Lennon and McCartney played drums. They had to fill in when Ringo quit first. Think McCartney plays them on 'Ballad of John and Yoko' as well.

Yeah, I'm not going to disagree. It's your opinion isn't it, it just differs from mine. Just like it could do with other things, such as football, as well.

It's not often people agree to disagree on here. Well played.

I'm not sure I could think of an entire line-up off the top of my head but Kurt Cobain and Matt Bellamy would undoubtedly make it into mine. I've never understood the appeal of either.

Cobain was amazing imo. Such raw emotion in his songs.

Archived