Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Pearson's altercation with fan in West Stand

This bloke also contributes towards Pearson's wages.

Not saying its right, but people don't have more right to berate the manager because they sing. Everyone in the home end is supporting the club in their own way.

You, if you're a working man, contribute towards the unemployed's wages, teacher's, doctors, street cleaner's wages etc... Do you fell that you have the right to shout obscene insults at them when you pass them in the street or at their place of work.

Be real!

I think he's quite within his right to express his opinion. Manager or not, if somebody was starting an argument you would naturally reply. The criticism for Pearson is astonishing, given that he lead us to promotion in our lowest ever season, then lead us to 5th the season after, has the best win ratio since MoN (i think). That said, and people still don't like him because "his interviews are monotonous" - hilarious.

Why not write a standard post, along the lines of 'don't anyone dare to criticise my beloved Nige or ill cry' and cut and paste it into every thread?

The effect will be about the same..

:thumbup:

You, if you're a working man, contribute towards the unemployed's wages, teacher's, doctors, street cleaner's wages etc... Do you fell that you have the right to shout obscene insults at them when you pass them in the street or at their place of work.

Be real!

If they're doing a shit job, sure

Why not write a standard post, along the lines of 'don't anyone dare to criticise my beloved Nige or ill cry' and cut and paste it into every thread?

The effect will be about the same..

:thumbup:

There is fair critisism and unfair critisism. For a manager we have so far only ever moved forward under I find the vitriol towards him and some of his players bloody embarrassing.

If they're doing a shit job, sure

Then please do - start with the police and get the sentence you deserve.

Just because you pay towards something doesn't mean that you can abuse it.

There is fair critisism and unfair critisism. For a manager we have so far only ever moved forward under I find the vitriol towards him and some of his players bloody embarrassing.

Quite right, for once...... ;)

Criticise and question him by all means but the personal abuse is just wrong, more signs that 'chav culture' is now pretty much the dominant force in football..... :(

One thing I did notice last night, There seemed to be a fair few people in the west stand who arnt usually there that were shouting abuse at the players for most of the game.

I can honestly see where Pearson is coming from, people who turn up for the odd game and do nothing but abuse the players and staff the whole time shouldnt bother wasting their time coming in the first place.

I dunno wether it's just the sort of crowd Leeds pulls to the ground or what, not really any need for it though. Alright to have a moan with the people sitting around you, but to be screaming abuse at the top of your voice isn't right.

Quite right, for once...... ;)

Criticise and question him by all means but the personal abuse is just wrong, more signs that 'chav culture' is now pretty much the dominant force in football..... :(

I sit in a quiet part of the ground with huge areas of empty seats set there are still lots of people who boo our own players before the game when the team sheets are read out, or when they come on as sub.

Stuff like that really makes me think twice about going. We aren't perfect, the management and players all make mistakes. But we're having one of our best seasons in a decade, under a manager who has only ever improved us (undeniable), with owners backing with finance, improving the facilities, training ground etc. Yet the negativity in the ground before a ball is even kicked is just bizarre, let alone when we dare to not perform.

Part of me feels like all the money thrown about prior to Pearson coming back (and a decent amount under him also) seems to have added to peoples sense of entitlement. A large number of people are no longer happy with something they cried out for a few years back when we struggled at the foot of the table with no money and shit players.

I can honestly see where Pearson is coming from, people who turn up for the odd game and do nothing but abuse the players and staff the whole time shouldnt bother wasting their time coming in the first place.

There was a group near me doing nothing but slate every member of our team from front to back. The only time they offered any form of encouragement that didn't involve calling someone a t*** was when they decided to chant Lee Jobbers name for 5 minutes after the Leeds fans picked on him.

Just sums it up for me, they'll support a fat nobody drummer and not the players.

We do seem to have no class a lot of the time. Just once I'd like us to be a bit more mature about things, and remember we should want to support the club with pride and loyalty, not with childishness and impatience.

Pearson doesn't really have the right to judge the fans in general (though I'm not sure he has done tonight tbh) but we do. And I think we should look oursleves sometimes. As a general rule, the best fans aren't so quick to give up and turn on each other/the team/the manager. We do it so quickly, it's like treading on eggshells for whoever is in charge. And I'm not just on about tonight.

We seem to go round saying we're a bit crap, we generally laugh at ourselves as a club and rarely talk ourselves into a frenzy of pride and belief that we are the greatest club in the world; which to me, is the way a group of fans should feel, and it should be mirrored in the passion and loyalty of their behaviour. And yet we're so demanding. To me, as with this example, our passion is so often limited to the negatives. Shouting at the ref, booing and slating the players and manager are the only times a lot of fans make themselves heard.

I don't want to support a club like that. I want to feel some pride in our supporters; our tribalism, our loyalty, even our bias and arrogance for our own club and team. I haven't felt that for a long time.

This is very true.

I'm suprised anyone who can remember the seasons starting from relegation from the Prem and what ultimatley lead to relegation from the Championship. Which I'm assuming 90% of our fans can, can't take a more pragmatic view and except you don't always win every week, and you don't always win the league.

I mean it's one thing pointing out a few things you think Pearson is doing wrong everyone is entitled to their opinion but shouting abuse at him from the stands, which was bad enough to get reaction, when we're 5th in the league.................Just cringe worthy.

Fault on both sides here

let's not pretend this fan/these fans was/were delicately discussing the merits of 4-3-3, they were calling him all the names under the sun as many do on here and on Bentley's Roof. Not criticism, abuse. His record as manager of LCFC is the best since Martin O'Neill and he deserves much more loyalty and support than he gets...

That said...he could be more open about what's going on at the club because there have recently been some mysterious decisions which he clearly doesn't want to discuss, where the explanations he's offered are clearly inadequate. Top of the tree here is Schlupp, which NFP has depicted as a harmless, trivial bit of a training exercise for JS, when it's clearly an all-out attempt to sign one of our "bench" players by the biggest club in Britain. We were also told the main interest lay in JS playing left back for Manure but we now know he's played an U 21 match up front and impressed so much they're lining up a £1.5m (rising to £2.5m) bid. That's cheap and he isn't going to be playing first team footie anytime soon in fact I read somewhere he'll go straight back out on loan (maybe to a rival Championship club).

All of which begs a lot of questions. If he's good enough to be on their books to play up front, why has he so rarely been given the chance to play a bit more in that position for us, especially in a team which has struggled to convert territorial superiority into goals all season. If we have such rich backers why is there no attempt to retain a player who in all probability, faces a career of season-long loans until moneybags United realise he's not going to get past their cream of Europe multi-million pound signings and sell him to a lower Prem or Championship club? Why are we apparently so keen to get rid of JS that we leave ourselves without proper left back cover at a crucial part of the season? And why sign Kane before trying JS? Now these are all reasonable questions which merit an answer but Stringer is having to raise them delicately because of the obvious hostility NFP has to any question which goes beyond a pretty bland assessment of the match we've just seen (had the chances, didn't convert them, sloppy defending etc)

This then feeds into a different debate about the original "balance" of the squad assembled (largely) in pre-season - remember NFP diagnosed the Sven squad imbalanced) To me the bench has always been horribly full of strikers/attackers - often Waghorn, Vardy, Futacs and Schlupp (before they left), Gallagher, Dyer. even before Wood and Kane arrived. None have staked a convincing case for a starting role, but there they sit, probably quite unhappy that they're not getting the opportunities they expected. So while NFP could field a whole new forward line from the bench we usually have next to no options to imptrove the defence or midfield. That imbalance - with James and now Konchesky and possibly Moore injured - is looking like a fatal mistake.

One thing I did notice last night, There seemed to be a fair few people in the west stand who arnt usually there that were shouting abuse at the players for most of the game.

I dunno wether it's just the sort of crowd Leeds pulls to the ground or what, not really any need for it though. Alright to have a moan with the people sitting around you, but to be screaming abuse at the top of your voice isn't right.

It seems to be the norm now, racks me off, spoils the game and the stewards do sweet FA about it, and if you did it elsewhere in public you would most likely get busted for it

Mate, Nail / Head.

People just get an ****ing grip, we all frustrated right now but you’re not helping now are you?

This season is not over yet, just looks at the position Florist find themselves in after 4 games

Stop the back biting and bitching, Yep we making in hard, but its Leicester what did you expect!

WE CAN STILL DO THIS, the fat lady has not even got here boots on yet.

United we stand, divided we fall...

That said...he could be more open about what's going on at the club because there have recently been some mysterious decisions which he clearly doesn't want to discuss, where the explanations he's offered are clearly inadequate. Top of the tree here is Schlupp, which NFP has depicted as a harmless, trivial bit of a training exercise for JS, when it's clearly an all-out attempt to sign one of our "bench" players by the biggest club in Britain. We were also told the main interest lay in JS playing left back for Manure but we now know he's played an U 21 match up front and impressed so much they're lining up a £1.5m (rising to £2.5m) bid. That's cheap and he isn't going to be playing first team footie anytime soon in fact I read somewhere he'll go straight back out on loan (maybe to a rival Championship club).

All of which begs a lot of questions. If he's good enough to be on their books to play up front, why has he so rarely been given the chance to play a bit more in that position for us, especially in a team which has struggled to convert territorial superiority into goals all season. If we have such rich backers why is there no attempt to retain a player who in all probability, faces a career of season-long loans until moneybags United realise he's not going to get past their cream of Europe multi-million pound signings and sell him to a lower Prem or Championship club? Why are we apparently so keen to get rid of JS that we leave ourselves without proper left back cover at a crucial part of the season? And why sign Kane before trying JS? Now these are all reasonable questions which merit an answer but Stringer is having to raise them delicately because of the obvious hostility NFP has to any question which goes beyond a pretty bland assessment of the match we've just seen (had the chances, didn't convert them, sloppy defending etc)

It does also raise the question on wether Man U have first dibs on our players since they have done a fair bit for us over the past few seasons. It really wouldnt surprise me if he's been on united's radar for a while now.

It does also raise the question on wether Man U have first dibs on our players since they have done a fair bit for us over the past few seasons. It really wouldnt surprise me if he's been on united's radar for a while now.

And there were the Liam Moore to United rumours too (equally suspect, equally worrying)

Another limp performance last night ... how dare i criticise our clueless manager

The performance may have been limp, but how can you possibly call the manager clueless? Yes he's making mistakes, yes he can act and sound stubborn, but he is not clueless. I think comments like this sum up succinctly how opinionated some of our supporters have become. Embarrassing.

Just a culmination of a season at the ground where the fans weren't really enjoying us winning and are delighted to vent their spleen should something go wrong.

Hopefully next year we'll have Mr Perfect in charge and the ground can get right behind the team.

Archived