Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Pearson's altercation with fan in West Stand

Not wishing to stir anything up here, but I'm just hearing this bloke on the radio talking about someone laying into Pearson at the end and Pearson having words with him.

Fair play to Nigel I say, I suspect this bloke was one of those who makes no effort to vocally support the team but is happy to call the players and manager everything under the sun when we're having a bad game.

Did anyone witness it?

Cue people condemning him and his professionalism, shouldn't do it because the amount of money he gets paid, the fans pay his wages etc etc.

Fact is, whether you're on £6 an hour or £20k a week you're likely to respond if somebody is giving you dog's abuse. It's human nature.

Not wishing to stir anything up here, but I'm just hearing this bloke on the radio talking about someone laying into Pearson at the end and Pearson having words with him.

Fair play to Nigel I say, I suspect this bloke was one of those who makes no effort to vocally support the team but is happy to call the players and manager everything under the sun when we're having a bad game.

Did anyone witness it?

no one is vocal in the west stand are they

Guest ttfn

Did anyone witness it?

This bloke also contributes towards Pearson's wages.

Not saying its right, but people don't have more right to berate the manager because they sing. Everyone in the home end is supporting the club in their own way.

Kasper, then Knockaert seemed to have words with someone at Portman Road on Saturday, too. As annoying as the usual suspects on here are, I can't imagine the sort of idiocy it takes to yell things (and, let's face it, things bad enough to stir a reaction from people who've heard it all) at them from the stands.

Not saying its right, but people don't have more right to berate the manager because they sing. Everyone in the home end is supporting the club in their own way.

The Bloke chooses to contribute to Pearson's wages.

Fans like this would show more support by staying at home rather than abusing the club.

I'm not talking about rights here. This is from my point of view, not Pearson or the team.

I don't like fans like that at all. If you're gonna sit quietly, sit quietly. Finding your voice for anger only is pathetic.

Guest ttfn

The Bloke chooses to contribute to Pearson's wages.

Fans like this would show more support by staying at home rather than abusing the club.

No they wouldn't.

For all you know he might sit in L1 every week and sing his heart out and have had enough of the crap we've seen recently.

The club need every penny they can get. I get some right bell ends sitting around me but they're all forking out £500+ a year to support the club.

Nobody should be berating anybody - it's stupid behaviour - but it really can't be that hard to turn a deaf ear for a 20 second walk down the tunnel.

Guest ttfn

I'm not talking about rights here. This is from my point of view, not Pearson or the team.

I don't like fans like that at all. If you're gonna sit quietly, sit quietly. Finding your voice for anger only is pathetic.

We'd be lucky to have 5,000 down at the KP based on your criteria!

You are, of course, right.

But I do have every sympathy for those who give up a lot of time and money to watch what appeared to be a very promising season start to crumble to shit.

In fairness, it's difficult to condemn or condone depending on what was being said.

I remember Beckham being slated by all in Euro 2000 for flipping the bird at some fans.

It later emerged that the fans were chanting about his then 18 month year old son dying of cancer, which would be impossible for anyone to ignore.

We'd be lucky to have 5,000 down at the KP based on your criteria!

You are, of course, right.

But I do have every sympathy for those who give up a lot of time and money to watch what appeared to be a very promising season start to crumble to shit.

Oh yeh, I understand people being pissed off.

It's not over though, we should remember that. As bad as we are at the moment, we're still in a play-off place. I don't think it's the time to be berating the manager, the team need all the support they can get.

no one is vocal in the west stand are they

Unfortunately the fickle fans of the east stand have had to move to the west stand because the electronic score boards have ruined their viewing pleasure

So tax payers have the right to shout verbal abuse at people on the doll in the street?

No, I think you'd get arrested

Guest ttfn

So tax payers have the right to shout verbal abuse at people on the doll in the street?

No, I think you'd get arrested

I don't think you would get arrested.

And I didn't say anything remotely analogous to that.

We don't even know what was said but according to Stringer it was few fans.

The reaction of manager and recently players does not bode well.

It was just one retard in the stand from what I heard him say.

Also while we're on this, this has been bugging me for a while now, does Nigel hate talking to Stringer in general or does he not like any media work at all?

Listening tonight on the way home you got the feeling everything Stringer said, Nigel answered with the opposite.

If Nigel hates talking to him why not let John Sinclair or someone interview him so we get a better conversation.

When they're together it always seems so disjointed.

I don't know why stringer bothers to interview mr. Pearson after the match anymore, its clear the manager does not want to be there, as the pressure increases the more he comes across like a petulant child in his replies, calling customers "clowns" no matter what the provocation is not good for business., Im afraid some of the clowns have been there, and will be there long after all the present staff of the club have long gone. Sometimes I think we have all lost sight of the fact (including managers and players) that this is supposed to be an entertainment , not a crucial interview on newsnight The precious self importance of some of these people in football today is sad, and quite frankly Im getting bored with it. no what? its not life and death. But is it any wonder that mr. Pearson can manage to alienate people he works with?

Archived