Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Pearson's altercation with fan in West Stand

I don't know why stringer bothers to interview mr. Pearson after the match anymore, its clear the manager does not want to be there, as the pressure increases the more he comes across like a petulant child in his replies, calling customers "clowns" no matter what the provocation is not good for business., Im afraid some of the clowns have been there, and will be there long after all the present staff of the club have long gone. Sometimes I think we have all lost sight of the fact (including managers and players) that this is supposed to be an entertainment , not a crucial interview on newsnight The precious self importance of some of these people in football today is sad, and quite frankly Im getting bored with it. no what? its not life and death.

Agree Cringworthy interviews

I don't know why stringer bothers to interview mr. Pearson after the match anymore, its clear the manager does not want to be there, as the pressure increases the more he comes across like a petulant child in his replies, calling customers "clowns" no matter what the provocation is not good for business., Im afraid some of the clowns have been there, and will be there long after all the present staff of the club have long gone. Sometimes I think we have all lost sight of the fact (including managers and players) that this is supposed to be an entertainment , not a crucial interview on newsnight The precious self importance of some of these people in football today is sad, and quite frankly Im getting bored with it. no what? its not life and death. But is it any wonder that mr. Pearson can manage to alienate people he works with?

People who complain about Pearson say that he needs to be more honest with the fans, all he's doing is telling the truth, some of the people who 'pay their money to watch' are clowns.

People who complain about Pearson say that he needs to be more honest with the fans, all he's doing is telling the truth, some of the people who 'pay their money to watch' are clowns.

most people on the planet are clowns, but who are you or me to judge ? bottom line is if we only ever did business with people we rated we would all go bankrupt..the bottom line is in life and business you sometimes have to bite your lip and keep it buttoned, cos its bad PR and bad business, a truly grown up man would know this..

What is it with the ' protective shield ' that our fans put up around NP? Why can't he be criticised? As soon as anyone dare say anything against him they are accused of not being a real fan!

Well in sorry, I support Leicester city. The manager is employed to do a job. Our manager has done ok, rebuilt the team and brought in more exciting players who appear to want to play for us. He propelled us into a potential automatic promotion spot. All credit to him.

But does this then make him untouchable when it goes wrong? When 3 weeks ago we were looking at chasing down Cardiff but now we look over our shoulders at forest, and we have to use binoculars to spot Watford and palace as they gallop off ahead of us.

Why can't people who pay their money criticise? ( I'm talking more about this forum than someone abusing NP at the ground). There is no place for abusing NP ( if it was abuse ), but why can't we question him! I'm fed up with people on here branding people 'non supporters' just because they question the manager.

Oh yeh, I understand people being pissed off.

It's not over though, we should remember that. As bad as we are at the moment, we're still in a play-off place. I don't think it's the time to be berating the manager, the team need all the support they can get.

Yes I've got to say I agree. And looking back on today I moaned 'too much' even for me. But I am moaning not about today. I, like many, vent their anger on this shambles of a team and may I say manager (sorry not a fan) because of the recent history of our club. I am just a bit fed up and the Tuesday night games make me moan more because I've got three more days at work.

One thing though, while I'm moaning, can Nigel stop making the same bloody substitution. - 60 mins Marshall for Knocky tactical god Nigel works everytime.

After his last few post-match interviews I said a few unpleasant words in the privacy of my own car. After hearing that latest interview, and how he seemed to be extending his criticism of one fan to anyone who was slightly dissatisfied, I decided to be less inconspicuous in future.

If he acted like he cared, or even recognised that anything needed improving (other than 'we've got to convert our chances') then it might help. Time for a quiet word in the ear from upstairs.

After his last few post-match interviews I said a few unpleasant words in the privacy of my own car. After hearing that latest interview, and how he seemed to be extending his criticism of one fan to anyone who was slightly dissatisfied, I decided to be less inconspicuous in future.

If he acted like he cared, or even recognised that anything needed improving (other than 'we've got to convert our chances') then it might help. Time for a quiet word in the ear from upstairs.

This

For me, Mr. Pearson's attitude to reporters trying to do there job is unprofessional. the club needs the media to get their message out, the media needs the club and manager for obvious reasons. Weather he likes it or not Mr, Pearson is the figure head for LCFC plc, tonights effort was pitiful..

Some of the people who abuse players and managers are morons but just as equally are those who back the to the hilt with no good reason and the abuse those who do the abusing, everyone has their opinion, opinions can't be wrong, just let people express their's and have a open and respectful debate rarther than calling each other cvnts etc. Everyone has one goal, supporting their team week in week out and they want to see their club be the best it can be, so some people need to show others some respect. That goes for NP as well when answering Stringers questions.

This will be his downfall everywhere he manages. In fairness, he's pretty much like this regardles of results only when things are going really well, he tends to let Shakey take the plaudits.

I dont remember a manager do so well but still have so many critics. If he could just be a little more human rather than robotic, I reckon a good proportion of the criticism laid on him wouldnt happen.

Fans just cant relate to him and that will cause him problems everywhere he goes.

Why.

Because he's quite evidently a twat.

Also if someone shouts abuse at another person, like so many do down the KP, in the street - they'll be chucked into a cell.

Sidetracking slightly now...

There's getting your opinions heard and then there's being a complete tit. Even with this result I'm quite happy with NP's management and no, I'm not unambitious. I'm just a realist.

When was the last time we were in the play-offs at this stage of the season? When NP was in charge.

And before that? It's a little while ago.

I don't know why stringer bothers to interview mr. Pearson after the match anymore, its clear the manager does not want to be there, as the pressure increases the more he comes across like a petulant child in his replies, calling customers "clowns" no matter what the provocation is not good for business., Im afraid some of the clowns have been there, and will be there long after all the present staff of the club have long gone. Sometimes I think we have all lost sight of the fact (including managers and players) that this is supposed to be an entertainment , not a crucial interview on newsnight The precious self importance of some of these people in football today is sad, and quite frankly Im getting bored with it. no what? its not life and death. But is it any wonder that mr. Pearson can manage to alienate people he works with?

I was lucky enough to be in the Charlton post match Press conference (part of uni course) and he seemed fine with everyone. I just don't think he likes/respects Stringer. I think their relationship is beyond repair after they're history of run-ins. There are times when Stringer asks a question, Pearson deflects it and then Stringer asks the same question in a different manner, which obviously annoys Pearson and he isn't going to answer (he doesn't do this anymore, but he used to). Likewise there are times when Stringer asks a legitimate question and Pearson totally overreacts.

Stringer does seem to act like he tries to be mates with Pearson with all the daft boom of doom stuff, etc and I think Pearson sees straight through it. They're just two completely different characters.

I think he has every right to call someone shouting abuse at him a clown though and I like it. Don't understand this I pay for my ticket I can say what I want I'm untouchable - then people get all precious about it when someone actually stands up for themselves. If you shout abuse at someone they have every right to say something back.

remember last time we were in the play offs the last 9 matches ended in 4 defeats then 5 wins........got to see the season out with him ,then decide whether to get rid

I was thinking this actually.

And similarly, I stumbled across an old thread not long ago from the League one season, I think it was just after that 2-2 draw with Carlisle (where Fryatt scored in the last minute and they equalised straight after).

There was a vote on who'd finish top - most people thought it would be MK Dons (I think) and we'd finish 2nd at best. Everyone was bricking it and saying we'd lost the plot, that we'd be lucky to stumble over the line and that our good, commanding performances had long deserted us.

Anyway, we all know what happened it the end. it may not be much to hang our hats on but it's that kind of thing that has helped convince me that Pearson can get us to pull our fingers out in time.

always liked pearson and his post match comments are normally fair and well handled to direct pressure from the team, but at this point in the season with the last few results, I think questioning quite what's going on and why we are facing such a blip in form is more than acceptable, especially considering the drop in league placing we are...from Cardiff rivals to playoff survival...not looking great

I was lucky enough to be in the Charlton post match Press conference (part of uni course) and he seemed fine with everyone. I just don't think he likes/respects Stringer. I think their relationship is beyond repair after they're history of run-ins. There are times when Stringer asks a question, Pearson deflects it and then Stringer asks the same question in a different manner, which obviously annoys Pearson and he isn't going to answer (he doesn't do this anymore, but he used to). Likewise there are times when Stringer asks a legitimate question and Pearson totally overreacts.

Stringer does seem to act like he tries to be mates with Pearson with all the daft boom of doom stuff, etc and I think Pearson sees straight through it. They're just two completely different characters.

I think he has every right to call someone shouting abuse at him a clown though and I like it. Don't understand this I pay for my ticket I can say what I want I'm untouchable - then people get all precious about it when someone actually stands up for themselves. If you shout abuse at someone they have every right to say something back.

I don't like or respect a lot of people I have to work with,but being professional I don't let it show and I don't call customers I have trouble with clowns, it don't look or sound good.

It was fans in the West Stand who gobbed on Brian Little and lead to a foldaway tunnel being installed to control where their spit landed.

It was fans in the West Stand who gave dogs abuse to O'Neill throughout his time here (I know, I sat around some complete donuts in there for one season)

It's now fans in the West Stand chucking it at Pearson.

I don't care if he does a few monosyllabic interviews, I'd rather that than Soundbite Holloway or "Errrrr" Sven struggling for an excuse.

I've defended Pearson all season. I've said wait till he gets his players in, wait til he gets them settled and so far it's got us up to 5th. Yes, twice we've blown up when we've been in the top two but if / when we drop out of the play offs, it will be on his back and he will carry the can but leave him to get on with it. Abusing him won't help or solve anything. This is typical City. Get within touching distance of the top flight and screw up and start fighting amongst ourselves. We can never have a smooth run or be happy with our lot.

Calm down and see what happens.

:thumbup:

It was fans in the West Stand who gobbed on Brian Little and lead to a foldaway tunnel being installed to control where their spit landed.

It was fans in the West Stand who gave dogs abuse to O'Neill throughout his time here (I know, I sat around some complete donuts in there for one season)

It's now fans in the West Stand chucking it at Pearson.

I don't care if he does a few monosyllabic interviews, I'd rather that than Soundbite Holloway or "Errrrr" Sven struggling for an excuse.

I've defended Pearson all season. I've said wait till he gets his players in, wait til he gets them settled and so far it's got us up to 5th. Yes, twice we've blown up when we've been in the top two but if / when we drop out of the play offs, it will be on his back and he will carry the can but leave him to get on with it. Abusing him won't help or solve anything. This is typical City. Get within touching distance of the top flight and screw up and start fighting amongst ourselves. We can never have a smooth run or be happy with our lot.

Calm down and see what happens.

We do seem to have no class a lot of the time. Just once I'd like us to be a bit more mature about things, and remember we should want to support the club with pride and loyalty, not with childishness and impatience.

Pearson doesn't really have the right to judge the fans in general (though I'm not sure he has done tonight tbh) but we do. And I think we should look oursleves sometimes. As a general rule, the best fans aren't so quick to give up and turn on each other/the team/the manager. We do it so quickly, it's like treading on eggshells for whoever is in charge. And I'm not just on about tonight.

We seem to go round saying we're a bit crap, we generally laugh at ourselves as a club and rarely talk ourselves into a frenzy of pride and belief that we are the greatest club in the world; which to me, is the way a group of fans should feel, and it should be mirrored in the passion and loyalty of their behaviour. And yet we're so demanding. To me, as with this example, our passion is so often limited to the negatives. Shouting at the ref, booing and slating the players and manager are the only times a lot of fans make themselves heard.

I don't want to support a club like that. I want to feel some pride in our supporters; our tribalism, our loyalty, even our bias and arrogance for our own club and team. I haven't felt that for a long time.

It's his job to do so.

Is the reason that we dont have any "ugly fighter" types in the midfield a result of the way NP deals with them.

As evidenced by his relationship with Stringer.. which NP dislikes because Stringer has the gall to question him and his tactics

So, if you stand up to NP... he gets pi$$ed and you either back down or leave... the tough ones dont back down and we are left with the yes men?

Delusions of Grandeur?

Archived