Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

Championship 2013/14 is our chance now or never?

So it seems people on here think np is the man for the job and he has worked well in doing as the owners wanted from a financial point of view.

We have a young squad that can grow. However we are lacking back up.

But if it isn't our year this year. Does it become harder next time round?

By that i mean. We will still have the likes of brighton, hull, watford, whoever doesnt make it up.

An improving fword side under billy davies, leeds potentially both sheffield clubs and then possibly qpr under harry and maybe villa.

Now i know ever year that the championship is tough buti can't help but think villa could and i only say could do a newcastle and unless qprs owners get bored and they have a finacial meltdown. Under harry they will be good. Chuck in a southampton or reading who remind me of a west brom. Solid squad they can hang onto.

It really does look tough. If you look at where blackburn and bolton are this year. We may have missed our chance.

Thoughts? Reasonable ones.

Are we the Liverpool of the Championship?

I'm sure there is a joke that at the start of every season Liverpool fans come out with the 'This is our year' quote and it seems the same for us the last few seasons.

Also, you're going to regret making this thread when the optimist/deluded 'We're going up this year' people jump on this thread.

Are we the Liverpool of the Championship?

I'm sure there is a joke that at the start of every season Liverpool fans come out with the 'This is our year' quote and it seems the same for us the last few seasons.

Also, you're going to regret making this thread when the optimist/deluded 'We're going up this year' people jump on this thread.

Believe me i hope they are right.

Bolton, Blackburn & Wolves were supposed to be taking 3 of the top 6 & look what's happened to them - all below us & have been all the way through barring the opening week or 2.

You can't predict anything.

Villa will be saddled by zero investment, further selling of their players. QPR are ****ed with those wages... it will take over £6m of owner loans to pay off contracts... they are screwed.

Ongoing improvement should always be strived for, the improvement this season is there for all to see & expect that to continue next season if we don't make it up this.

Mackay & McDermott didn't make it up in their first full season, their project was given the opportunity to continue and they've reaped the rewards of being allowed to build on the base they had set themselves (McDermott in particular who started even his second full season floundering near the bottom took some courage in their convictions from the owners)... as many clubs do who have an ongoing plan & stick to it.... Swansea, Norwich & Southampton being notable examples.

Same thing was said last year with Bolton and Blackburn dropping down.

From who? Blackburns owners are clueless chicken farmers and bolton have twice the debt we do.

Were as villa have already slashed the wage bill so will be under no pressure to sell and qprs owners will be as desperate to get back as ours are to get there.

From now on, its going to be all about FFP and the preparation for it.

What you have to spend, who you have to sell or give away, whether you have a transfer embargo etc. All these will control a clubs opportunities or otherwise.

This season was a big one, and the fact Blackburn, Bolton or Wolves didn't dominate made it a massive opportunity to escape the financial shackles which will sink many a club. Of course, we still have a chance but 2013/14 will be more difficult for us than most, somehow the wage bill will have to be reduced massively which dosen't suggest we will be stronger. Hopefully our youth set up is strong enough to take the strain.

It'll be easier next year. another years experience for the young-ish squad, a bit more dead wood can go and NP (who's record in the transfer market is good) can bring in some better replacements. That said, we should still go up this year with our squad.

It seems that there are alot of negative fuc kers ("supporters") on here because we have had a dip in form.

It was only a month ago we were planning on going up at Forest in the last minute.

Now we'll be lucky to finish top half it seems.

Ffs is it impossible to ask a question on this forum without being classed as negative, a wum, troll etc.

I've not said we aren't going up i'm just providing a topic to debate.

All this we still have this season etc is obvious. I'm asking what if it doesn't.

I assume most on here only plan for the day ahead and fcuk planning for the future cuz it's not here yet.

Ffs is it impossible to ask a question on this forum without being classed as negative, a wum, troll etc.

All this we still have this season etc is obvious. I'm asking what if it doesn't.

I assume most on here only plan for the day ahead and fcuk planning for the future cuz it's not here yet.

No inbetween on here i'm afraid, your either a pessimist or an optimist, nail you colours! One or the other!

Personally i'm a realist, which is often perceived as pessimism.

Live for the day man, do like to plan what's for lunch though :P In truth pal I think most have had their fill of posts of this ilk recently. There was more banter than vitriol, so calm down and enjoy the ride :chant: COYB

Live for the day man, do like to plan what's for lunch though :P In truth pal I think most have had their fill of posts of this ilk recently. There was more banter than vitriol, so calm down and enjoy the ride :chant: COYB

Do you know if you're wrong and, horror of horrors, we don't even make the play-offs, you are gonna be left with so much egg on yer face you could make an omelette. Two omelettes perhaps..

:trumpet:

lol

Do you know if you're wrong and, horror of horrors, we don't even make the play-offs, you are gonna be left with so much egg on yer face you could make an omelette. Two omelettes perhaps..

:trumpet:

lol

And I will tuck into it with some ketchup mate lol Just my opinion bud, I've got broad shoulders and I will be ready to go again next season :chant: COYB

FFP will mean we can't spend any money next season, and neither will anyone else apart from the clubs that come down from the prem and who will have those huge parachute payments to look after them. That's how it will be from here on in, relegated clubs will have an enourmous advantage over the rest of the championship due to the supposed fair play of the FFP. If Watford don't go up this year they'll get even more Udinese players in for free so that'll be four teams who we can't realistically get near

And I will tuck into it with some ketchup mate lol Just my opinion bud, I've got broad shoulders and I will be ready to go again next season :chant: COYB

Fair play mate.. You've never changed your mind this season.

Last nights apparent dispondency, followed by ridiculous interview, I'm afraid has made me start to wonder?

Ill still be there Saturday of course, but my interest is waining..

FFP will mean we can't spend any money next season, and neither will anyone else apart from the clubs that come down from the prem and who will have those huge parachute payments to look after them. That's how it will be from here on in, relegated clubs will have an enourmous advantage over the rest of the championship due to the supposed fair play of the FFP. If Watford don't go up this year they'll get even more Udinese players in for free so that'll be four teams who we can't realistically get near

That is not true at all you do realize other clubs can use the loan window?

Fair play mate.. You've never changed your mind this season.

Last nights apparent dispondency, followed by ridiculous interview, I'm afraid has made me start to wonder?

Ill still be there Saturday of course, but my interest is waining..

Last nights late equaliser could be the catalyst we needed to galvanise our troops on and off the pitch! A decent winning run will do the trick and surely you've witnessed the twists and turns in previous promotion campaigns bud? Keep the faith, Foxes never quit :D:chant:

Archived