Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Nigel Pearson believes future is looking bright for club

Leicester City boss Nigel Pearson believes Leicester City are in a better financial position than the recent financial report suggests.

City's financial report for the season 2011-12 revealed recordicon1.png losses of £29.7 million.

• ​4633788.jpg
    Leicester City boss Nigel Pearson

A major cause for the increase in losses of £14.5m on the previous season was a direct consequence of the significant investment made in the playing squad with salary costs for the period rising to £27.7m from £16.6 m the previous season.

Pearson said the clublb_icon1.png had since undertaken measures to address the financial losses and that he had personally worked hard to shape his squad so it was competitive, but had a reduced wage expenditure and a greater sell-on value.

"The club is working exceptionally hard to put the club in a long-term financially stable position," said Pearson.

"There are of course issues we need to address and we are working very hard at that. The figures that come out are things that influence that but we are working very hard as a club to make sure our long-term future is stable.

"We have owners who are fully committed to the club and an infrastructure which is very professional.

"We have to try to cut our cloth accordingly. It doesn't happen overnight.

"There are going to be slight anomalies in terms of how the figures appear but I can assure everyone there is a commitment to put ourselves in a financial situation which ensures the club has a stable future."

Pearson said the cost and value of the squad now was much different to the one he inherited in November, 2011.

"I am happy to work the way I work," he said. "We have to try to get a squad that is competitive and I think we are.

"We have a squad which is good and I think we have a squad that is actually worth something now.

"We have a number of young playersicon1.png who have a value, which is a completely different scenario to the squad I inherited.

"The value of that squad in terms of resale abilityicon1.png, we didn't have many what you would call assets.

"It is always difficult to get the balance right. We expect ourselves to be successful on the pitch and we will work hard to do that, but the job is bigger than just going out there trying to win footballlb_icon1.png matches.

"Although on the surface, whenever you see financial figures, there is a tendency to look at just the negative side, but I do know we are in a much better position.

"We have a squad with value and we are working hard to bring the wage structure into a realistic zone.

That is something we will always try to do to make sure the business is a sound one."

Read more: http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-18354348-detail/story.html?#ixzz2MwRpKRBi

Follow us: @thisisleics on Twitter | thisisleicestershire on Facebook

reduced wage expenditure and a greater sell-on value.

Now can people see why the Thai's brought Nigel Pearson is here?

The job he's done with the pressure of reducing the wage bill by such large amounts... whilst being even more competitive than before... along with the signing of players who will grow in value, not decline.

His skills will be even more important to the club this summer should we not make it this season.

Now, back him & the squad until the end of the season at least & who knows what may happen with everyone pulling in the same direction.

The job he's done with the pressure of reducing the wage bill by such large amounts... whilst being even more competitive than before... along with the signing of players who will grow in value, not decline.

His skills will be even more important to the club this summer should we not make it this season.

Now, back him & the squad until the end of the season at least & who knows what may happen with everyone pulling in the same direction.

Like I think you said the other day pal. Some on here didn't want Pearson back, their minds were made up ages ago, and just looking for an excuse to moan at him. People are judging the success of the season 13 games from the end. The season has finished, so he's not failed.

This place is an absolute joke at times.

here here

lest all just support the man and the team

Guest BlueBrett

Hang on, doesn't it say that the wage bill has gone up from 16.6 mill to 27.7? And we have a smaller squad now.

Yes me too ..... "Don't look at our horrific form in the last 7 games - look at the bank balance!"

"Oh look what's that out of the window??" Distraction.

Yes it has nothing to do with the fact that the figures have just been released, I bet he was asked about the Sheff Wednesday game, and decided to talk about the finances, probably with a sneer and a look of disgust at the poor journalist who asked him the question.

Hang on, doesn't it say that the wage bill has gone up from 16.6 mill to 27.7? And we have a smaller squad now.

Went up, these are last years figures after Sven had been let loose with the cheque book, we don't have the current figures.

Guest BlueBrett

Went up, these are last years figures after Sven had been let loose with the cheque book, we don't have the current figures.

Pearson was in charge for half of the 11/12 financial year and I'm sure the majority of Sven's spending didn't take place in his final few months

Pearson was in charge for half of the 11/12 financial year and I'm sure the majority of Sven's spending didn't take place in his final few months

Yeh but the wages would have been agreed when they signed.

What he said, we still had all of Sven's signings at that point and a massive wage bill as a result.

The value he talks about is imagined - which players that we now have are worth more than when we bought them? Seriously, I bet you can't think of one player.

The value he talks about is imagined - which players that we now have are worth more than when we bought them? Seriously, I bet you can't think of one player.

RDL, Marshall, Drinkwater, Knockeart, just about all his signings... hell even old man Morgan

Arrived as a bunch of £1m men having been bitting & bobbing around Premiership benches or on loan elsewhere... whilst now they've played the majority of the time & a year further along in their progression with room still to progress more... and formed the bulk of a team at the top end of the Championship.

anyway, nice to see you back posting again. Must have been tough for 90% of the season.

Archived