Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jumbo mills

Sky bet have nigel adkins and paolo di canio has front runners if nige is sacked

How can someone who has a Mussolini tatoo be anti-racist?

Not really a subject for debate here but how racist was Mussolini? There's plenty of evidence of Italy dragging their feet on any sanctions regarding Jews in Italy, even though they were pretty dependent on the Nazis at times. I would say Mussolini was no more racist than Winston Churchill. Both thought it was reasonable for European countries to occupy and colonise non-European ones.

But anyway, on topic, I think I am amused by the idea of Di Canio rather than thinking he will be a good manager for us. Di Matteo on the other hand...

Yeah on nazi memorabilia.

Di Canio maybe a lot of things, but there's no evidence that he is a nazi sympathiser.

I think all the talk of new managers is disrespectful to NP who IS our manager and deserves out unconditional support x

As a fan you have the choice if you don't like Pearson and the team he selects STAY AT HOME and get off the players' backs - by definition as a supporter we are there to SUPPORT the team not slag them off. We travel from Dorset to watch Leicester and I am always stunned at the negativity in the ground. It is easy to support a team that is always winning, it just requires a bit more faith when things aren't going so well. Let us do our bit as supporters and leave the team to Nigel Pearson - another manager now or in the next 12 months would be madness

Don't worry if Pearson is still here next season and we are stil in this league Thousands will STAY AT HOME and will not bother re newing their season tickets. The owners are business men and they now know Pearson is bad for business it's only a matter of time.

Don't worry if Pearson is still here next season and we are stil in this league Thousands will STAY AT HOME and will not bother re newing their season tickets. The owners are business men and they now know Pearson is bad for business it's only a matter of time.

Exactly. Let's get a well known name in, to bring the crowds back. Remember that Sven guy? Y'know ex-England? World famous....

He said he was doing a Roman salute.

It's still been appropriated by fascists in Italy, he could have been doing it purely for the Roman connotations but he did it towards the the Lazio Ultras who have strong fascist ties. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt but there's a lot weighing it down on the other side.

The symbolic value of the gesture grew, and it was felt that the proper salute "had the effect of showing the fascist man's decisive spirit, which was close to that of ancient Rome". The salute was seen to demonstrate the fascist's "decisive spirit, firmness, seriousness, and acknowledgment and acceptance of the regime's hierarchical structure". It was further felt that the correct physical gesture brought forth a change in character.

Not really a subject for debate here but how racist was Mussolini? There's plenty of evidence of Italy dragging their feet on any sanctions regarding Jews in Italy, even though they were pretty dependent on the Nazis at times. I would say Mussolini was no more racist than Winston Churchill. Both thought it was reasonable for European countries to occupy and colonise non-European ones.

Look up the Manifesto of Race (1938).

It's still been appropriated by fascists in Italy, he could have been doing it purely for the Roman connotations but he did it towards the the Lazio Ultras who have strong fascist ties. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt but there's a lot weighing it down on the other side.

I agree he would've had more justification if he had been wearing a legionaries uniform at the time.

Look up the Manifesto of Race (1938).

Mussolini was in power for 16 years before bringing in this piece of legislation. Previously, he and his party had shown little inclination towards racism or anti-semitism. He had also argued with Hitler in 1933 about Nazi race policies, which Mussolini thought were counter-productive. Of the few Jews in Italy, Mussolini went on record as saying they had been there since 'the kings of Rome' and had their place in society.

Mussolini brought in the Manifesto of Race in 1938, as a purely political move to cosy up to Nazi Germany. It was not enforced particularly effectively and there was much hostility to it from soldiers and police who were expected to carry it out.

I don't think Mussolini was particularly racist. I also think it is possible for Paulo Di Canio to claim to be fascist but not racist. This is, in fact, what he claims.

I'm getting a bit uncomfortable defending the extreme right now. And anyway, Nigel Pearson is manager and will be until at least the end of the season!

Pearson will not be here next season, so stop worrying.

I agree he would've had more justification if he had been wearing a legionaries uniform at the time.

Mussolini was in power for 16 years before bringing in this piece of legislation. Previously, he and his party had shown little inclination towards racism or anti-semitism. He had also argued with Hitler in 1933 about Nazi race policies, which Mussolini thought were counter-productive. Of the few Jews in Italy, Mussolini went on record as saying they had been there since 'the kings of Rome' and had their place in society.

Mussolini brought in the Manifesto of Race in 1938, as a purely political move to cosy up to Nazi Germany. It was not enforced particularly effectively and there was much hostility to it from soldiers and police who were expected to carry it out.

I don't think Mussolini was particularly racist. I also think it is possible for Paulo Di Canio to claim to be fascist but not racist. This is, in fact, what he claims.

I'm getting a bit uncomfortable defending the extreme right now. And anyway, Nigel Pearson is manager and will be until at least the end of the season!

Regardless, the Lazio Ultras of which he has been a member since his youth are some of the most infamous anti-semetic, racist excuses for 'supporters' in football.

Regardless, the Lazio Ultras of which he has been a member since his youth are some of the most infamous anti-semetic, racist excuses for 'supporters' in football.

Yeah, you are probably right. I remember at the time he used the excuse that it was a Roman salute and not a Nazi salute and I kind of wanted to believe him. They are in Rome after all.

Yeah, you are probably right. I remember at the time he used the excuse that it was a Roman salute and not a Nazi salute and I kind of wanted to believe him. They are in Rome after all.

And the fact that he's a member of an group closely associated with anti-semitism and racism is just a side issue. Fair point.

And the fact that he's a member of an group closely associated with anti-semitism and racism is just a side issue. Fair point.

Right, but from a purely pedantic angle, he could be a fascist and not a racist. I think that point is proven...

for all the pedants out there!

5 pages on who the next manager should be when we currently have a manager who's got us within 8 points of automatic promotion with 9 games to go...

GET A GRIP PEOPLE!!

Agree completely. Di Canio would be a massive step back, regardless whether he'd get em "playing with passion" etc he's no way near as good as Pearson.

Agree completely. Di Canio would be a massive step back, regardless whether he'd get em "playing with passion" etc he's no way near as good as Pearson.

I thought you'd stopped all this!

How do you know DiCanio is nowhere near as good as Pearson?

Do you never stop?

lol

I am absolutely convinced we are the only club in England who can have spent nearly 10 years out of the Premier, had even more managers than years in that time and have 'fans' writing to $kyBet asking who the favourites are for our managers job when we're fifth in the league.

Honestly, if we'd gone onto Birmingham's forum last year and found stuff like this, you would be stunned.

I cannot believe what this club has turned into.

Ultras have invariably unveiled pro-Fascism banners as well, with former striker Paolo di Canio even aiming a Fascist salute in the direction of supporters when he played for the club between 2004 and 2006.

o-LAZIO-570.jpg?4

Lazio fans revel in the Stadio Olimpico's atmosphere

Last year the club's German striker Miroslav Klose was hailed with a banner which read "Klose Mit Uns", which translates to "Klose is with us", but also included fascist symbolism. The typography of the letter 's' was twice made to resemble the SS abbreviation of the Nazi army, something which the Polish-born Klose publicly denounced.

( this next part was written in 2005)

Ther

There is still no black player in the Lazio squad and only a few years have passed since the Curva Nord, the stand where the ultras congregate for homematches, displayed a banner "Team of Blacks, Crowd of Jews" to taunt their counterparts at Roma, who are traditionally extremely Left-wing in leaning.

and here is PART of a definition of facism:

Fascism views political violence, war and imperialism as a means to achieve national rejuvenation, spirit and vitality. It asserts that claimed superior nations and races that need living space should displace claimed weak and inferior nations and races.

With all that being state im more than comfortable to declare Di Canio a Racist and I want him no where near our club.

Archived