Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jumbo mills

Sky bet have nigel adkins and paolo di canio has front runners if nige is sacked

Thracian made a very good point yesterday mate.

It's one thing to be able to sign players and then watch them play, it's another thing to be able to deploy them to the best of their ability and to shake-up the tactics when needed.

Is Pearson good ENOUGH to be able to take the squad, add to it and then get them playing to the best of their ability? You're convinced, I'm not.

Believe me, Forest and Bolton are sniffing. Brighton, I think, will fade away.

If we lose again on Tuesday, the situation is worrying.

I agree. I must admit I can see Pearson's faults for what they are. I just don't think that changing the manager now would have any effect. We talk about stability, but stability needs to be with the right man. For example giving Holloway 3/4 years would have been wrong. I think we should give Pearson another year. For me he's the right man because as we saw first time round, and to some extent earlier on in the season, he and his team can build good squads of players, capable of getting us up to 1st and 2nd. This was no fluke.

He does need to take into consideration the opponent, as sticking 5 across midfield and playing 3 midfielders and an attacker was naive.

I agree. I must admit I can see Pearson's faults for what they are. I just don't think that changing the manager now would have any effect. We talk about stability, but stability needs to be with the right man. For example giving Holloway 3/4 years would have been wrong. I think we should give Pearson another year. For me he's the right man because as we saw first time round, and to some extent earlier on in the season, he and his team can build good squads of players, capable of getting us up to 1st and 2nd. This was no fluke.

He does need to take into consideration the opponent, as sticking 5 across midfield and playing 3 midfielders and an attacker was naive.

:appl:

I personally would have no qualms in either giving Nige another season (even if we don't make play-offs) or bringing-in Nigel Adkins in the summer. I really wouldn't mind either way, paradoxical though it sounds. Both of these, I think, could get us up next season, if it comes to that.

Guest Mee-9

Di Canio would do more bad than good. Someone with good man management skills would be a treat, who also wouldn't fall out with players...

this may open some of the NP out brigades eyes slightly if you get rid of a manager without thinking it through just because of a bad run of form you more often than not do not gain anything and can easily become worse off! there are many examples of other clubs falling into this trap lets not become one of them back the team and management we have and give them a full opportunity to prove they are or yes are not capable of doing it. last season was about sorting the mess out this season is about going up and as that season is not over yet try getting behind them!

Di Canio would do more bad than good. Someone with good man management skills would be a treat, who also wouldn't fall out with players...

I seriously hoping you're joking. Otherwise, that is absolute bullshit. The man could argue with his own shadow.

Edit: read that wrong! Completely agree. Second part to my post still applies however.

We are in the best position we have been for 10 years. Plus he also managed to get us out of league one a fact that people overlook because we could have stayed there for a while just like Leeds did.

We have seen what constantly sacking managers does when the form dips, lets trying sticking with one for a change.

How long are u lot going to carry banging on about that achievement ... how is that even relevant to the run we find ourselves on???

How long are u lot going to carry banging on about that achievement ... how is that even relevant to the run we find ourselves on???

Because managerial success is not based on particular runs of form, good or bad; it is based on sustained achievement. If our runs of results were not grouped together so distinctly (several wins on the bounce followed by several losses) I think many would take a more moderate view of what we've actually actually achieved this season. We have the capability to do better which is very frustrating, but we could certainly be doing a lot worse.

Adkins won't come he's on gardening leave and will be going to a tribunal for unfair dismissal could take months.

Di Cano What clown he is would upset everyone down king power can't afford to have mangers like him in charge,

Pearson, fantastic manager a few poor results and then it's sack the manager Bla Bla Bla Bla. Some people need to grow up a bit and stop throwing the toys out of their pram.

Grow some backbone and get behind the manager!

you don't think that a incredibly healthy wage would stop that appeal?

Because managerial success is not based on particular runs of form, good or bad; it is based on sustained achievement. If our runs of results were not grouped together so distinctly (several wins on the bounce followed by several losses) I think many would take a more moderate view of what we've actually actually achieved this season. We have the capability to do better which is very frustrating, but we could certainly be doing a lot worse.

This is everything I've been trying to put into words. We can't base a managerial sacking on a months worth of results, especially a month after we were unbeaten and he won manager of the month.

How absolutely astonishing that some people would want Di Canio here when one of the reasons they want rid of Pearson is his demeanor in interviews. Di Canio's next job won't be where stability and a calm head is needed, it'll be where column inches and exposure is. He's an absolute liability, there are other managers who can do what he does and more but without the baggage and antics.

Whoever said politics shouldn't come into it is absolutely right, but then footballers shouldn't state their admiration for Il Duce and give the straight arm salute.

Billy Davies has proven you don't need time to gel. Although he's been manager there before a lot of players have left and joined since billy left and he's got them straight back in the play offs. For me Nigel Atkins would be the right choice to take us up whether it's this season or next I think he would be the right man for the job.

94071d1253636995-origins-nazi-salute-di_canio_salute.jpg

Wasn't he actually doing a Roman salute rather than a Nazi salute? The Romans did do it first!

I should be horrified by this but I'm not. He claims to support anti-racist campaigns so he seems to be more into protecting Italian culture rather than oppressing people of different races.

He also has a tattoo of Benito Mussolini on his arm. This doesn't offend me as much as his West Ham tattoo which does offend me.

For me I'd stick with Pearson what's the point of sacking your manager with 10 games left. But if we did get rid of Pearson who would we get that could do a better job Adkins?? is a non starter as people have said he's on gardening leave. Di canio?? Yes he's passionate and did great things with Swindon but this bloke could have a argument with his own shadow and I reckon he wouldn't see eye to eye with the owners and lets face he's only been in charge of one club and has never managed at this level. RDM?? Very very good manager and a top bloke but he one the champions league last season do people think he'd want to drop down to the championship?? Think he's more than likely to bound for a PL job or mabye la liga. So for me I'd stick with Pearson for at least another season and let him have another crack at it if we don't go up this season. Look at Cardiff they stuck by there manager after ballsing it up last season and there flying get a couple of players in the summer and you never know we could run away with it next season.

How absolutely astonishing that some people would want Di Canio here when one of the reasons they want rid of Pearson is his demeanor in interviews. Di Canio's next job won't be where stability and a calm head is needed, it'll be where column inches and exposure is. He's an absolute liability, there are other managers who can do what he does and more but without the baggage and antics.

Whoever said politics shouldn't come into it is absolutely right, but then footballers shouldn't state their admiration for Il Duce and give the straight arm salute.

Exactly, it's amazing that some people who want Nigel to be sacked because they don't like him as a person, would be alright with Di Canio coming in.

Billy Davies has proven you don't need time to gel. Although he's been manager there before a lot of players have left and joined since billy left and he's got them straight back in the play offs. For me Nigel Atkins would be the right choice to take us up whether it's this season or next I think he would be the right man for the job.

Hahaha. I hope this is a joke! Billy Davies hasn't had time? 10+ players are still there from his previous tenure, when he was there for 2/3 seasons? And please tell me who Nigel Atkins is?

I wouldn't gamble on DiCanio.

What the club need is stability with the right bloke in charge. Whether that's Pearson or not, you be the judge.

DiCanio is a ticking time-bomb... He could come in and get us straight up, or he could fall out with literally anyone, Filbert the Fox even and Fook off after the poor fox has had it both barrels.

Adkins for me, would be the right choice, if any choosing is to occur.

i agree Col - Adkins is the stand out choice if the worst happens

If Pearson does go, whether soon or at the end of the season, then there's only 3 managers I would want.

Nigel Adkins - His back to back promotions tell the story, his sacking was harsh, and he mixes up his formations

Alan Curbishley - Experienced manager, who has had a lot of success; however been out of work a while

Chris Powell - Doing a good stable job at Charlton, has beat us twice this season, and is popular with the fans

Anyone else, then I will boycott.

Archived