Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Derby 2-1 Leicester Player Ratings

Kasper 6. I can't crisisise him for his kicking- can only imagine he's been told to lump it forward when we're chasing a game. At least he cares

SSL 4. I've always said it, not good enough in the air. At fault for the first goal, went from bad to worse after that

Morgan 6. Not awful, but nowhere near his best

Keane 5. Won a lot in the air but lost count of the number of passes he played to the opposition

Konch 5. Well below his standard. What was he doing for the 2nd goal

Dyer 4.5. His first half chance was a good opportunity. Fluffed it and did nothing else after

Wellens 6. Wouldn't say he was that good first half but probably better than the majority

King 5. At fault also for 2nd goal- as with SSL and Vardy at Cardiff- feeble pathetic attempt to stop the cross. Not good enough

Drinkwater 4. Can't remember seeing him play so badly. Agree with Bert- dictates our play so when he's bad, usually we are too

Wood- 4. Injured. Don't know why we are persisting with him. Cannot control a ball

Nugent 6. Much better second half. Better in his natural role

Subs

Marshall 5.5 why can't he shoot anymore? Did well for the goal though

Kane 3 Anonomous

Schlupp 7. Quick, dangerous and great finish. Well done Jeff

Schmeichel - 6

SSL - 3 - Not a right-back, too slow, poor first touch, no threat going forward

Morgan - 5 - Shaky at times and gave it away too much.

Keane - 3 - Dreadful marking for their 2nd and was over ambitious with his passing, giving it away throughout.

Konch - 5 - Ok, but sloppy at times.

Wellens - 6 - Some nice touches and offered creativity in the middle.

Drinkwater - 3 - Too slow, passing poor, should NEVER shoot. He plays a pivotal role and yet he's never convinced me he's good enough for it.

King - 5 - Ok, but didn't link up with Wood well enough when playing 4-3-3.

Nugent - 5 - Wasted on the right wing, at least on the left wing he can cut inside and shoot. Better in the second.

Wood - 3 - Did nothing, again.

Dyer - 4 - Bright start but didn't seem with it today.

Marshall - 5 - couple of decent crosses but crap free-kick and long shot.

Schlupp - 7 - Changed the game, offered attacking threat with his pace.

Kane - 3 - Awful, I've literally seen no sign of quality since he's been here.

Pathetic!

Idiots on here acting like spoilt children giving their "Expert" opinions on players performances and their match marks.

Grow up, yes we have had a poor run recently, stop looking for scapegoats and back the team.

No cuddles for you lot!

Pathetic!

Idiots on here acting like spoilt children giving their "Expert" opinions on players performances and their match marks.

Grow up, yes we have had a poor run recently, stop looking for scapegoats and back the team.

No cuddles for you lot!

Its no fun backing a team in freefall. 6 points from 18 I meant 27

Just a poor run? You want us to back these players. And you think that everything will turn out OK and we'll win the last 8 games. And you want us to grow up. This is your solution to the 'Crisis of Confidence'?

Well as usual i was settling down to this fixture with my arse going like a rabbits nose. Awaiting the slaughter that usually comes when we play you.

WOW, this had to be the worst Leic performance i have seen in a long long time. I don't like admitting it but i think you have one of the best forward lines in the league with schlupp ( what a player ), nugent & Dyer.

I'm just glad schlupp didn't play all the game cos i think you would have got the draw. He terrifies me every time i see him and i think you have got to hang onto him.

That said, how that ref didn't give us those 2 penno's baffles me, stone wallers.

Still think you'll make the playoffs, just, but i think you will be looking at next season for promotion now. We will have one thing in common though, we will both have new managers come next season.

Well as usual i was settling down to this fixture with my arse going like a rabbits nose. Awaiting the slaughter that usually comes when we play you.

WOW, this had to be the worst Leic performance i have seen in a long long time. I don't like admitting it but i think you have one of the best forward lines in the league with schlupp ( what a player ), nugent & Dyer.

I'm just glad schlupp didn't play all the game cos i think you would have got the draw. He terrifies me every time i see him and i think you have got to hang onto him.

That said, how that ref didn't give us those 2 penno's baffles me, stone wallers.

Still think you'll make the playoffs, just, but i think you will be looking at next season for promotion now. We will have one thing in common though, we will both have new managers come next season.

think you'll stay up. don't sweat it. If we play you again next season we'll expect the customary 6 points. thanks and goodbye

Kasper - 4 - Keane constantly kept looking for the ball short but Kasper ushered him up field and HOOFED it to no one pretty much 9/10. Couple saves but the distribution is shit. He needs to be told to just throw it and play it short.

St Ledger - 3 - Not a RB so looks awful in that position. Still short of match fitness in my opinion.

Morgan - 5 - Looks to have been brought down to the standard of the football the team is playing currently.

Keane - 5 - Feel bad for him, earlier in his loan he looked good and promising but like Wes seems to have been brought down by the players around him. Even he resorted to some HOOFBALL tonight because of the lack of creativity in front of him.

Konchesky - 1 - Shite tonight. Doubt he's even 100% fit yet. Honestly think he's coming to retirement stage. Up there with Whitbread for the worst in the squad at HOOFBALL.

Drinkwater - 3 - Should have been brought off instead of Wellens (unless Wellens was injured). Awful recently seems to have lost all creative spark and passing ability.

King - 5 - Worked hard but didn't offer much. Both him and Drinkwater go missing in the middle of the field and we seem to resort to HOOFBALL.

Wellens - 6 - Looked like the only creative spark we had on the pitch, had some nice touches and passes (the one to Konchesky which he butchered springs to mind).

Dyer - 3 - Started brightly but again faded into nothing. Really what does he offer the team? 30 now and think he's on the decline in his career.

Wood - 1 - Seriously what has happened? Cannot even control the ball. Doesn't seem to challenge in the air. What does he actually offer? Would rather have Waghorn up front at the minute. Looks like a rugby player playing football.

Nugent - 6 - Looked much better when he came through the middle. Should have done better for his chance though. Still a shade of the player he was in January.

Subs

Schlupp - 8 - The only bright spark from tonight. Took his goal well and looked like he was the only player up for the fight.

Kane and Marshall - N/A - Both did nothing. Kinda think who cares towards both of them.

Schmeichel - 2.5

SSl - 0

Keane - 0

Morgan - 0

Konchesky - 0

Welllens - 6

King - 4.5

Drinkwater - 0

Nugent - 0

Wood - 0

Dyer - 0

Schlupp - 7.5

Marshall - 4

Kane - 3

I think I'm being kind to some of those with 0s, I thought a few of them were playing for Derby at times.

Pathetic!

No cuddles for you lot!

I wholeheartedly back every player and coach associated with Leicester when inside the ground during the 90 minutes. This is the place we come to express our views about the game whether they are slightly exaggerated out of anger or not (although most are fair today)

Schmeichel 5 Sick of him blaming everyone else when we concede, needs to take a bit of responsibility and actually attempt to dive. No attempt at a save against Cardiff and again for their second yesterday. Crap kicking.

St Ledger 3 Bloody terrible. Absolutely horrible to watch.

Morgan 6 Have to feel sorry for him. Must be hard carrying 10 other players every week, starting to take it's toll on him.

Keane 4 Cannot defend a cross. Embarrassing attempt between him and Konchesky at defending for their second goal. Unusually sloppy in possession too.

Konchesky 4 HOOOOOOF. Sadly think he's getting past it a bit now. An absolute shadow of the player he was last season.

Dyer 6 Actually thought he was doing ok, certainly was our most threatening player in the first half anyway. End product was lacking.

Drinkwater 3 Badly needs a rest. Can't remember him playing that badly for a long time.

King 4 Very quiet. Guilty of missing a couple of decent chances too, didn't even test the keeper.

Wellens 7 Was our best player in the first half by some distance. Only player that looked like he could get a foot on the ball and keep hold of it.

Nugent 5 Struggled first half, but what do you expect when he's out wide. Did well in the build up to the goal. Panicked when presented with a golden chance though, lack of goals recently is a big concern.

Wood 4 Poor first touch. Looks unhappy and disinterested. Worrying.

Schlupp 7 The one shining light from yesterday. Clumsy at times, but certainly effective. Lovely finish for his well deserved goal. Criminal if he doesn't start in an attacking role in our next game.

Marshall 5 Didn't have a massive influence on the game. Would have preferred Nige to stick with Dyer for a bit, Derby struggled defending against pace.

Kane 4 Have some composure for crying out loud. Really not happening for him here, I'm yet to be impressed.

Really, you think you'll replace Clough despite him essentially having to make a team out of kids?

Not sure what's happened to you recently, you were better in the 4-1 defeat at our place and you were one of the teams just out of the playoffs, but had a chance of 6th if you could get a run going... but your run is awful and you were really poor yesterday, but luckily for you guys even really poor was much better than us as we were absolute & total shit.

Schmeichel- 5 made a couple of good saves, but some of his kicks weren't great.

SSL- 4 disappointing gave away the ball to much.

Morgan- 5 not at his best, gave away the free kick for the first goal

Keane- 3 at fault for the second goal, gave away the ball to much

Konchesky- 4 poor game, again at fault for the second goal

King- 6 did a lot off the ball, worked hard

Wellens- 5 put some tackles in showed the most desire on the pitch until he got taken off

Drinkwater- 1 awful absolutely awful, corners were sh*t, can't remember can good passes he made

Nugent- 5 worked hard again, maybe could have scored that chance, but got an assist.

Wood- 3 awful, one of the worst games I've seen him play

Dyer- 4 didn't do much , but to be fair didn't get much service

(SUBS)

Schlupp- 7 only player that looked threatening, great goal too.

Marshall- 4 didn't do anything really

Kane- 1 absolutely awful

Schmeichel- 5 made a couple of good saves, but some of his kicks weren't great.

SSL- 4 disappointing gave away the ball to much.

Morgan- 5 not at his best, gave away the free kick for the first goal

Keane- 3 at fault for the second goal, gave away the ball to much

Konchesky- 4 poor game, again at fault for the second goal

King- 6 did a lot off the ball, worked hard

Wellens- 5 put some tackles in showed the most desire on the pitch until he got taken off

Drinkwater- 1 awful absolutely awful, corners were sh*t, can't remember can good passes he made

Nugent- 5 worked hard again, maybe could have scored that chance, but got an assist.

Wood- 3 awful, one of the worst games I've seen him play

Dyer- 4 didn't do much , but to be fair didn't get much service

(SUBS)

Schlupp- 7 only player that looked threatening, great goal too.

Marshall- 4 didn't do anything really

Kane- 1 absolutely awful

Except that sitter he scuffed wide from 8 yards.

I mean, imagine the stick Gallagher or Vardy would get for missing that. But it's Lloyd, so it's barely mentioned by anyone.

It's unbelievable how lenient people are with him just because he has 1 acceptable game every 15.

Except that sitter he scuffed wide from 8 yards.

I mean, imagine the stick Gallagher or Vardy would get for missing that. But it's Lloyd, so it's barely mentioned by anyone.

It's unbelievable how lenient people are with him just because he has 1 acceptable game every 15.

I'm not lenient to Lloyd, yeah that was a bad miss, but we didn't use much width, so you can't blame him for not being involved much in the game

Really, you think you'll replace Clough despite him essentially having to make a team out of kids?

Not sure what's happened to you recently, you were better in the 4-1 defeat at our place and you were one of the teams just out of the playoffs, but had a chance of 6th if you could get a run going... but your run is awful and you were really poor yesterday, but luckily for you guys even really poor was much better than us as we were absolute & total shit

He's not having to make a team out of kids, more so the kids that are coming through are better than the seasoned pros we have lol .

That was the worse derby performance i have seen at home all season, to be fair we have been dominating games but just can't score. The 4-1 did flatter you but you put the ball in the net 4 times so we had to take it on the chin and move on.

I think clough's done as much as he can with us now. I firmly believe with the players we have we are good enough for a top 6 finish, we just need a manager to motivate them enough, i also don't think clough has the tactical knowledge to push us any further.

Schmeichel- 5 (His kicking was awful, too high and too far most of the time)

St Ledger- 3 (All over the place)

Morgan- 5 (Didn't dominate as he usually does)

Keane- 4 (Wayward distribution and criminal non-marking on the second goal)

Konchesky- 4 (Poor passing and same as Keane for the goal, why did neither mark Martin?)

Drinkwater- 3 (Not good enough from a player who do so much better)

King- 5 (Tried to get things moving but to no avail)

Wellens- 5 (Ok, but not what we need for a promotion challenge)

Dyer- 4 (Terrible finish to a good move)

Nugent- 4 (Touch let him down a few times, should've scored)

Wood- 4 (Hardly jumps to compete)

Subs-

Schlupp- 7 (Fine goal and positive impact. Others should've taken note)

Marshall- 5

Kane- 4

Archived