Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Derby 2-1 Leicester Player Ratings

Schmeichel - 3 - Plucked a couple of easy chances out the air, always weak distribution but today was among his worst.

SSL - 0 - Can only think he'd been drinking the Guinness since lunch, embarrassing performance left Morgan no chance with everything covering for him the whole 90mins.

Morgan - 3 - Pulled all over the shop by the dire SSL

Keane - 3 - Struggled to cope with Morgan awol covering SSL.

Konch - 1 - Passable at the back, the worst fullback I've seen going forward HOOF, concede possession... rinse & repeat should never be in the team.

Wellens - 4 - Our best player in the first half, not saying much as we were as bad as I've ever seen.

Drinkwater - 0 - Embarrassing for such a good player, WTF?

King - 0 - Was he even playing?

Nugent - 1 - Wasted as outside forward to accomodate the dire Wood

Wood - 0 - Makes Futacs look like Messi recently, not just the weak return of 2 in 10 (I read, but haven't checked) but abject displays too that unbalance our all round play

Dyer - 2 - Looked dangerous for a while, but got marked out the game, doesn't help with hoofer behind him who doesn't pass

Marshall - 4 - Pretty average but worked to try & change things, one of the few who looked bothered.

Schlupp - 8 - Running always causes problems, corker of a strike. Should play every game in place of Konch, but with Wood & Kane making even me look like a Pro could be needed up front.

Kane - 0 - Goodbye, just awful

Pearson - 0 - Supporter of Pearson not being sacked as long as we finish in the playoffs, but something about today's horror show doesn't sit right, no effort, fight or passion in a local derby. On today's performance (like Sven's 0-3 Millwall defeat) you'd say he's lost the dressing room.

C'mon NP you're 1,000 times better than shower of sh1t, but on the spineless effort the team put in & the ease a rubbish team beat us, I wouldn't be surprised if it was too late for you & people like me who are fed up with 10 years of transition

Schmeichel - 5/10 Partially at fault for the second goal. Made a few saves

Konchesky - 6/10 Did good defensively but made some poor attacking decisions

Morgan - 3/10 Poor game. That is all

St Ledger - 3/10 Poor!!!! Missed balls. Poor communication. RDL back please

Keane - 3/10 Worst game for Leicester. Gave the ball away. Just a bad game

Drinkwater - 3/10 Didn't offer much going forward and scuffed all his chances

King - 4/10 Didn't do much wrong but should have got his headers on target

Dyer - 6/10 Decent at the start of the game and posted an attacking threat

Wellens - 5/10 Didn't do much wrong, Made some good passes

Nugent - 5/10 Good movement and passing. Should have scored on a few occasions

Wood - 3/10 Didn't get much of the ball. Held it up well though but didn't create many chances

Marshall - 7/10 Did some good work on the wing and got in a lot of crosses

Schlupp - 8/10 Man of the Match. Excellent performance. Showed the other players up.

Kane - 5/10 Help the ball up well and made a few good chances

Schmeichel - 4 - I think he made a save or two

SSL - 2

Morgan - 4

Keane - 2.5 - a point for each pass that actually reached a Leicester player

Konch - 4

Wellens - 3

Drinkwater - 2

King - 2

Nugent - 4 ok

Wood - 2

Dyer - 2

Marshall - 2

Schlupp - 8 - great, should start the next game easy

Kane - 1 didn't really get to do anything

Schmeichel - 7.5 let down by his defenders but made some good saves to prevent complete humiliation

Konchesky - 6 reasonable but started lumping the ball in at the end like everyone else.

Morgan - 5.5 Not his usual performance

St Ledger - 2 Terrible game at fault for at least one of the goals and gave the ball away so much

Keane - 2.5 - distribution was woeful

Drinkwater - 4

King - 5.5

Dyer - 4.5 couple of decent crosses but unless he's a threat to score he doesn't deserve a place ahead of Knocky and Marshall

Wellens - 6.5 best of an average midfield

Nugent - 6.5 worked hard, needed to score

Wood - 5.5 worked hard but not his day

Marshall - 7 made a difference when he came on until lump a ball at the end of the game

Schlupp - 8 Man U player next season, great goal , looked dangerous but not used at the end of the game

Kane - 3 What's the point of this loan signing?

Schmeichel - 3 - Plucked a couple of easy chances out the air, always weak distribution but today was among his worst.

SSL - 0 - Can only think he'd been drinking the Guinness since lunch, embarrassing performance left Morgan no chance with everything covering for him the whole 90mins.

Konch - 1 - Passable at the back, the worst fullback I've seen going forward HOOF, concede possession... rinse & repeat should never be in the team.

Wellens - 4 - Our best player in the first half, not saying much as we were as bad as I've ever seen.

Wood - 0 - Makes Futacs look like Messi recently, not just the weak return of 2 in 10 (I read, but haven't checked) but abject displays too that unbalance our all round play

Dyer - 2 - Looked dangerous for a while, but got marked out the game, doesn't help with hoofer behind him who doesn't pass

Marshall - 4 - Pretty average but worked to try & change things, one of the few who looked bothered.

Schlupp - 8 - Running always causes problems, corker of a strike. Should play every game in place of Konch, but with Wood & Kane making even me look like a Pro could be needed up front.

Pearson - 0 - Supporter of Pearson not being sacked as long as we finish in the playoffs, but something about today's horror show doesn't sit right, no effort, fight or passion in a local derby. On today's performance (like Sven's 0-3 Millwall defeat) you'd say he's lost the dressing room.

C'mon NP you're 1,000 times better than shower of sh1t, but on the spineless effort the team put in & the ease a rubbish team beat us, I wouldn't be surprised if it was too late for you & people like me who are fed up with 10 years of transition

Totally agree with all marks and comments, well observed sir.

Kasper - 5 - Poor kicking, did okay

SSL - 2 - Horrendous.

Keane - 4 - Very, very poor

Morgan - 5 - Uncharacteristically bad

Konchesky - 1 - Worst player on the pitch

Wellens - 6 - Best player in first half

King - 5 - Okay, went missing

Drinkwater - 3 - Awful

Nugent - 5 - Wasted on the wing, was decent when moved into middle

Wood - 4 - Awful touch, awful awful

Dyer - 5 - Looked threatening at the start, nothing after that

Schlupp - 8 - MOTM, superb, only positive from today

Marshall - 7 - Came on and did well

Kane - 5 - Poor

Schmeichel 5 - Tough game for him, feel sorry for him

St Ledger 4 - One of the best at Cardiff, to a poor performance here, defending was poor

Morgan 6 - One of his more slugging performances, but was the only one who dominated the air

Keane 4 - One of our better players on this poor run, but tonight he was shocking

Konchesky 4 - Hoof, definitely past his sell by date

King 5 - Thought he was alright in the first half, but then went missing in the second

Wellens 7 - Best player on the pitch, shame he went off

Drinkwater 3 - Terrible midfielder and his shooting is shit

Nugent 5 - Gives 100% but nothing is going for him, another player I feel sorry for

Wood 4 - Been so shocking lately, his best bits of play came 30 yards from goal

Dyer 3 - Bring nothing to the team, kept losing balance, poor delivery

Subs

Schlupp 7 - MOTM, only player who looked dangerous going forward

Marshall 4 - Biggest disappointment of the season, did nothing

Kane - N/A

The 6s and 7s for Schmeichel are more than generous. At fault for their 2nd and threw the ball straight too them for a very close chance at a 3rd then gave the ball straight back to them constantly.

How people continue to defend such an obvious liability this season because he makes one great save every 15 matches is beyond me.

So can we just have confirmation that one jeffriah schullpter has has a very good game(sorry half game) and has been lent out to another club for the last few weeks when he could have been doing well for LCFC.Its obvious he has always had a bit of pace and class that a few games would bring out.Not the finished article but should have been part of the team For that reason alone pearson and p 45

Sorry mate, these ratings are just pointless

Schmeichel - 6.5 Couldn't be faulted for the goals and prevented even more

St Ledger - 4 Slow, slow, slow - and ponderous - and often out of position - and dirty - and slow

Morgan - 6 OK, no more today

Keane - 5 Inexperience showed today

Konchesky - 4 As St Ledger

Drinkwater - 5 Anonymous

King - 5 As Drinkwater

Wellens - 5.5 Generally as Drinkwater, but tried a bit more than of late (and one nice back-heel)

Dyer - 5.5 Tried

Nugent - 6.5 As Dyer, but almost scored

Wood - 5 As Drinkwater - what's happened to him this last month ?

Schlupp - 7 Probably MotM - but only because he made a difference to the formation and injected some pace - and scored of course

Marshall - 5 A bit more bothered than recently, but only a bit more

Kane - 4 Rubbish - what do Spurs see in him, to give him a new, longer contarct ?

Kasper 5 - If he dives for their second he has a chance of saving it.

SSL 4 - troubled by Ward.

Morgan 5 - what's happened to him in the past few games?

Keane 5 - won almost everything in the air.

Konch 3 - poor.

Drinkwater 3 - having too much of a negative impact on our game.

King 5 - His usual selfless display.

Wellens 5 - again the pick of the three.

Dyer 4 - garbage.

Wood 4 - marked out of the game

Nuge 5 - wasted out wide, much better when played central.

Schlupp 7 - Only positive to come out of the game.

Marshall 5 - put the effort in. Had two men on him. Desperate for a goal.

Kane 4 - offered little. Easy to mark.

Archived