Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ian the fox

When Pearson saved us !

What???? Move on for pity's sake. Pearson is crap, I mean dim, I mean inept, tactically bereft, hopeless, without imagination, old fashioned, stuck in the past ( like many of you Pearson defenders ), totally lacking in the attributes necessary to bring energy and dynamism to his players, a man whose lack of tactical ability is almost unbeleivable in our current plight -

Worst of all his failings are fundamental, which means he is incapable of improvement. He must go, whatever happens, and I desperately hope it is sooner rather than later!

And yet he still took us to the POs in the 09/10 season and I believe he'll do the same this season.

Awful isn't he?

So bereft of managerial ability that he can only get us into the POs in his two full seasons with us in the Championship. Get rid of him.

Well, when SGE took over we were bottom of the Championship. He saved our sorry asses too, and in the same season almost got us into the play offs.

But that didn't stop him from getting sacked, and doesn't stop foxes fans slagging him off. There is little loyalty when it comes to managers.

GF

What???? Move on for pity's sake. Pearson is crap, I mean dim, I mean inept, tactically bereft, hopeless, without imagination, old fashioned, stuck in the past ( like many of you Pearson defenders ), totally lacking in the attributes necessary to bring energy and dynamism to his players, a man whose lack of tactical ability is almost unbeleivable in our current plight -

Worst of all his failings are fundamental, which means he is incapable of improvement. He must go, whatever happens, and I desperately hope it is sooner rather than later!

go & follow Cov ........fans like you are holding the club back

Well, when SGE took over we were bottom of the Championship. He saved our sorry asses too, and in the same season almost got us into the play offs.

But that didn't stop him from getting sacked, and doesn't stop foxes fans slagging him off. There is little loyalty when it comes to managers.

GF

That's not what he got sacked for though.

He was removed from the job because we were 13th at the time having spent bucket loads of cash on players. It's pretty obvious why the owners didn't like him and why fans support the decision on the whole.

Pearson has done much, much better than that in every season he's been here.

As a supporter of Leicester City all I care about is the club and the team as a whole, I couldn't care less who plays for us and who manages us as they sure as hell won't give two fooks if they get a better deal elsewhere. The only thing I give a shite about is that whoever is employed by the club to play for us and manage us put some bloody effort it and do that to the best of their ability. Up the Foxes. Leicester til i die

go & follow Cov ........fans like you are holding the club back

How are fans who don't gush over the clown holding the club back?

Those of us who don't whimper at the thought of Coco leaving support the club just as much as you do, I think some peole have a crush on the manager.

Those of us who don't whimper at the thought of Coco leaving support the club just as much as you do, I think some peole have a crush on the manager.

The typical response of the Pearson-basher. Act like a complete **** and accuse everyone else of bumming the manager just because they don't want to see him sacked after a few shitty results.

And calling someone a complete **** obviously strengthens your argument.

Seems to be a standard response from those who give every appearance of supporting the manager more than the club.

I think Coco is holding the club back, I don't follow that through and accuse his supportes of the same.

It's alright, I'm sure once the new bloke is appointed and some aren't happy you'll be defending him all the time and slagging off those who doubt.

a question i asked afew weeks ago !

here it is again ............

everyone is entitled to a opinion ..............but at what point does some " negative muppet " on a silly internet forum

know better than a ex top flight professional footballer ?????

Dooooooo !!!! cos i play league manager on the playstaion ffs

no one gives a flying f*** about your crappy negative outlook that you probably apply to life in general !!

GF

You're seriously comparing Pearson to Sven like that?

Sven 'ALMOST' got us to the play-offs? Nope. 13th is not near, at the time of his sacking. Pearson is IN the play-offs and has been virtually all season. Sven spent millions and millions on overpaid crap. Pearson has spent a fraction of what Sven had and in doing so, Pearson has also got rid of some of that overpaid crap Sven bought. So as well as Pearson trying to gain instant promotion, he's also had to clear up Sven's mess.

You're deluded if you are seriously comparing the 2 managers in the way you have.

a question i asked afew weeks ago !

here it is again ............

everyone is entitled to a opinion ..............but at what point does some " negative muppet " on a silly internet forum

know better than a ex top flight professional footballer ?????

Dooooooo !!!! cos i play league manager on the playstaion ffs

no one gives a flying f*** about your crappy negative outlook that you probably apply to life in general !!

Well you clearly do as you keep getting personal, something that, in the main, the Pearson doubters don't do.

Why is it that when people point out the shortcomings of specific players or the manager of his staff that it is perceived as being negative?

I just see it as some of us wanting to see the club continueing to improve.

I'd hope that my support of the new manager would be dependant on how well the team are doing and whether they appear to be improving.

The team you support is in the play-offs and going through a bad patch.

Have some faith for god's sake!

We have improved as well as progressed as a club. And that is partly down to Nigel. Something you refuse to believe because your opinion is shrouded by your hatred of Nigel.

You're seriously comparing Pearson to Sven like that?

Sven 'ALMOST' got us to the play-offs? Nope. 13th is not near, at the time of his sacking. Pearson is IN the play-offs and has been virtually all season. Sven spent millions and millions on overpaid crap. Pearson has spent a fraction of what Sven had and in doing so, Pearson has also got rid of some of that overpaid crap Sven bought. So as well as Pearson trying to gain instant promotion, he's also had to clear up Sven's mess.

You're deluded if you are seriously comparing the 2 managers in the way you have.

A fraction?

Really?

NFP has spent a fair bit himself, it isn't as much as Sven but it's hardly a fraction.

The team you support is in the play-offs and going through a bad patch.

Have some faith for god's sake!

We have improved as well as progressed as a club. And that is partly down to Nigel. Something you refuse to believe because your opinion is shrouded by your hatred of Nigel.

So if we drop out the playoffs this week will your faith weaken or is it blind?

I agree that the squad has been improved under Pearson but I don't think he's capable of getting the best from the players, they currently show no belief in his tactics.

I don't hate him I just think we can do a lot better.

A fraction?

Really?

NFP has spent a fair bit himself, it isn't as much as Sven but it's hardly a fraction.

Okay, fraction was an exaggeration, but MUCH less than Sven was allowed/did.

I agree that the squad has been improved under Pearson but I don't think he's capable of getting the best from the players, they currently show no belief in his tactics.

I don't hate him I just think we can do a lot better.

So that's all the choices I have - weakened of blind faith? What if I'm an optimist and think if we drop out of the play-offs but get back in to them? Is that kind of faith not allowed? If I want to support the club in getting back to top 6, is that wrong?

I don't understand players not showing belief - they clearly did when we went on our winning runs; you have to remember that they've just gone through an unbelievably hectic month and were probably suffering fatigue. I think it was about 6 weeks running playing Tuesday/Saturday, Tuesday Saturday...that definitely hampered out performance.

Is there better out there that will have a positive effect on our team? All the Pearson-haters who want him out at this stage of the season blindly think that change will arrive and change will be instantly effective. Well, you're naive if you think that. Change isn't always for the better.

They're not the only two options. You can have faith because you've looked at his performance as a manager in his recent jobs, the progress he has made so far during this spell at the club, the fact that he's not throwing the owners money around but genuinley wants to ensure that the club can survive in the long term, the fact that he's buying young talented players who we'll make a large profit on, the fact that even if we slip out of the play-offs we're still in a better position than we have been for some time. That's hardly blind faith.

Okay, fraction was an exaggeration, but MUCH less than Sven was allowed/did.

So that's all the choices I have - weakened of blind faith? What if I'm an optimist and think if we drop out of the play-offs but get back in to them? Is that kind of faith not allowed? If I want to support the club in getting back to top 6, is that wrong?

I don't understand players not showing belief - they clearly did when we went on our winning runs; you have to remember that they've just gone through an unbelievably hectic month and were probably suffering fatigue. I think it was about 6 weeks running playing Tuesday/Saturday, Tuesday Saturday...that definitely hampered out performance.

Is there better out there that will have a positive effect on our team? All the Pearson-haters who want him out at this stage of the season blindly think that change will arrive and change will be instantly effective. Well, you're naive if you think that. Change isn't always for the better.

We have played poorly since the Wolves game.

Most other clubs have also played numerous games but nobody has managed to see their form plunge as badly as ours.

The problem for me is that we have shown no sign of improvement, if anything we are getting worse.

Why call those who doubt him 'haters'?

They're not the only two options. You can have faith because you've looked at his performance as a manager in his recent jobs, the progress he has made so far during this spell at the club, the fact that he's not throwing the owners money around but genuinley wants to ensure that the club can survive in the long term, the fact that he's buying young talented players who we'll make a large profit on, the fact that even if we slip out of the play-offs we're still in a better position than we have been for some time. That's hardly blind faith.

I said earlier that yes he has improved the squad, I just don't think he's capable of getting them to play to their strengths week after week. On both occassions that we've got near the top he has shown signs of panicking and playing 'safe' by reverting to hoofball.

RDL seems to be the only player whose self belief hasn't been damaged, the rest of them seem to be going through the motions.

I said earlier that yes he has improved the squad, I just don't think he's capable of getting them to play to their strengths week after week. On both occassions that we've got near the top he has shown signs of panicking and playing 'safe' by reverting to hoofball.

RDL seems to be the only player whose self belief hasn't been damaged, the rest of them seem to be going through the motions.

But anyone who does, just does so because of blind faith?

We have played poorly since the Wolves game.

Most other clubs have also played numerous games but nobody has managed to see their form plunge as badly as ours.

The problem for me is that we have shown no sign of improvement, if anything we are getting worse.

Why call those who doubt him 'haters'?

They call people that doubt him 'haters' (although I don't think I've seen this term used that much) because it helps them to make an argument.

Questioning ANY manager is surely acceptable if concerns are there to be discussed.

Personally, I was literally embarrassed by the Derby game. I would suspect any neutral person watching the game would have thought it was a game played between two really poor teams. Which is what I thought.

Why shouldn't I or others then come on a FOOTBALL FORUM :thumbup: to say so?

When things are going well, discuss that. When things aren't going well, discuss that too?

Surely?

However, I generally think the forum has been more balanced overall than it was when Sven was the manager. Until the final knockings of his regime, many people were literally unable (or unwilling) to discuss any bad aspects of his management style. And we all knew how that ended up.

Archived