Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ian the fox

When Pearson saved us !

From the above thread in 2008...

If it's Pearson I'll have a go at this positivity thing because he's not failed THAT much, just quite a bit. If it's Gregory, or, god forbid, Bryan Robson, I'll go mental for a few days and then calm down. Grayson or Lambert I'd be pretty pleased with, and if we somehow got McLaren I'd be dead, dead pleased.

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh::facepalm:

I remember the time we couldn't even afford Joey Gudjonnson for whatever measly price it was. Probably the same days everyone would should SHOOT! To Stephen Hughes... If he was in our squad now we'd be shouting, ****ING LEAVE IT!!!

I'm grateful for what we've got now.. Young and improving squad, who maybe if had less pressure on their shoulders would probably start playing with a big grin again! Up the Foxes even if it does mean winning it next season =)

So you, like Pearson think these are the kind of players that have a good chance of getting us up???? For the record, we have no chance at all of going up using your dyers, Wellens & gallys.

Who knows, if he is still with us till next season maybe the '3 amigos' won't be?

So you, like Pearson think these are the kind of players that have a good chance of getting us up???? For the record, we have no chance at all of going up using your dyers, Wellens & gallys.

They aren't useless, but there is a reason why players like James, Drinkwater and Knockaert were signed. Wellens and Gally have had their day in terms of playing a big part for sure which is why they barely start... James, Drinkwater and Knockaert are responsible for getting us in a position that is only second to when Pearson was last here in the past 10 or so years.

This thread has become a Pearson love-fest I see.

Yes he did great to get us out of League 1..we know that...

However, past month or so we've been shite, culminating in one of the worst games of football I've seen a City side play in, against Derby.

The past is the past.. Millwall at home on Good Friday now becomes a real biggie.

If, after the two weeks break and 'team-building' we go on to lose that game, I think Pearson's gone, personally.

Get with the present guys..

lol

This thread has become a Pearson love-fest I see.

Yes he did great to get us out of League 1..we know that...

However, past month or so we've been shite, culminating in one of the worst games of football I've seen a City side play in, against Derby.

The past is the past.. Millwall at home on Good Friday now becomes a real biggie.

If, after the two weeks break and 'team-building' we go on to lose that game, I think Pearson's gone, personally.

Get with the present guys..

lol

Shit for a month for sure, but over the 3 seasons or so altogether Pearson has been pretty consistent, getting us to easy promotion from league one, merely a shoot out away from Wembley and now sitting in the play-offs. Name me a better manager over the past 10 or so years...

Shit for a month for sure, but over the 3 seasons or so altogether Pearson has been pretty consistent, getting us to easy promotion from league one, merely a shoot out away from Wembley and now sitting in the play-offs. Name me a better manager over the past 10 or so years...

That wasn't my point.

My point is the here and now.. Cos that's what's important.

We need to not lose against Millwall or I think it's probably curtains.

Reminisce all you like about getting out of League 1 if you feel the need to.

I'm worried about now personally.

That wasn't my point.

I don't judge a manager on the here and now, yes a bad month as seen us slip from potential automatic promotion to just in the play-offs... but I certainly remember when we weren't even close to the play-offs, what Pearson is doing is building a young side that isn't overly expensive that can seriously get us to the Premier League.

That wasn't my point.

that's fair enough, as long as when he was voted manager of the month you were saying how good he was and how you would hope he would be here for a long time.

Well it's a shame that the people who were here BEFORE Pearson decided to give them all extended contracts on mega money then isn't it?

& he still likes playing the majority of the midfield he had in league 1

You do realise that Gallagher and Wellens never played for us in League 1 don't you? King and Dyer both played in League 1, but that is hardly the majority, and both have been dropped by NP more than once this season and fought their way back into the team.

You do realise that Gallagher and Wellens never played for us in League 1 don't you? King and Dyer both played in League 1, but that is hardly the majority, and both have been dropped by NP more than once this season and fought their way back into the team.

Why let that get in the way of a good witch hunt?

Looks like many City fans have now forgot our sorry relegation to league 1 , and the season after when

Nigel & Shaky saved our "sorry asses " by gaining promotion

Well perhaps we should have a little respect for the man that stopped the rot at the club ....

I am also very frustrated with the current form ,

-Lets not forget !

What???? Move on for pity's sake. Pearson is crap, I mean dim, I mean inept, tactically bereft, hopeless, without imagination, old fashioned, stuck in the past ( like many of you Pearson defenders ), totally lacking in the attributes necessary to bring energy and dynamism to his players, a man whose lack of tactical ability is almost unbeleivable in our current plight -

Worst of all his failings are fundamental, which means he is incapable of improvement. He must go, whatever happens, and I desperately hope it is sooner rather than later!

Ill say it then. A chimp good have got us out of league 1!

I'll say it then. I'd wager that if you had been appointed at the start of that season, not only would we not have been promoted, but we'd have gone down again to League Two.

And the irony is delicious by the way. Chimp indeed.

What???? Move on for pity's sake. Pearson is crap, I mean dim, I mean inept, tactically bereft, hopeless, without imagination, old fashioned, stuck in the past ( like many of you Pearson defenders ), totally lacking in the attributes necessary to bring energy and dynamism to his players, a man whose lack of tactical ability is almost unbeleivable in our current plight -

Worst of all his failings are fundamental, which means he is incapable of improvement. He must go, whatever happens, and I desperately hope it is sooner rather than later!

I hope you go sooner rather than later. Sick of your negativity. Pearson's got his flaws and his weaknesses but you've been gunning for him from day one, you were never prepared to give him a chance and you've been grinding your axe ever since.

Archived