Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Phil Neville?

I think Phil Neville is EXACTLY the sort of player City need right now.

He's experienced, he's got a gob on him and he'll be great in the dressing room. Just at a time when plenty of the squad need the proverbial kick up the arse.

I doubt Pearson would sign him though. I get the impression more and more that Pearson wants to be the only top dog at the club.

He's experienced, he's got a gob on him and he'll be great in the dressing room. Just at a time when plenty of the squad need the proverbial kick up the arse.

I doubt Pearson would sign him though. I get the impression more and more that Pearson wants to be the only top dog at the club.

Yes he has a gob on him, shouting at players, trying to get the team to wake up and bounce back if they concede a goal.

Yet it's usually him who makes the mistakes, leading to a goal.

He is one of those negative players, who passes backwards and sideways, but they are like 2 yard passes, he is hardly capable of passing more than 2 yards.

Just need to look at comments from other Everton fans, to tell you that he has been poor this season.

Yes he has a gob on him, shouting at players, trying to get the team to wake up and bounce back if they concede a goal.

Yet it's usually him who makes the mistakes, leading to a goal.

He is one of those negative players, who passes backwards and sideways, but they are like 2 yard passes, he is hardly capable of passing more than 2 yards.

Just need to look at comments from other Everton fans, to tell you that he has been poor this season.

He has done a great job for Everton until recently and here you are supposedly and Everton fan slagging him off . That says more about you than him.

weve missed out on Adkins now Col, think we have to trust Big Nige to start getting it right, not that sure he can but we must give him time

The fact that peoe are suggesting he can do a job in midfield, when he spent most of his career in defence - just about sums up the intelligence of some of our supporters.

Jesus Christ. Phil Neville in midfield? **** it. Lets play Taggart up front.

The fact that he's spent most of the last 8 years of his career playing in central midfield for Everton shows the intelligence of you!

By definition, there can only be one top dog

Two seasons ago I reckon he'd have been exactly what we needed. Next year, he won't play every game and mistakes are starting to creep in. I don't think the drop down to the Championship, in CM at least, is big enough a drop for him to shine with less effort.

He'd be a good addition, but only for the right price...

He's not Paul Scholes (38) who defies age, but surley playing week in week out (over 30 games a season) for Everton who are consitently top 10 in the premier league..... he'd do a decent job for us, for at least another 2 years? Not a single one of our midfielders today would command a regular starting position in Evertons teams I'm sure.

Not to be ruled out in my opinion,

I wouldn't mind him here he would add extra experience and be a model professional to our youth player.

I for one would be happy with him, remember the likes of Chris Powell and Nobby Solano coming to us nearing the end of their careers and look how good they did, even though some on here slated them for their age.

Not sure why people would turn their nose up at this..... He's still playing a fair bit for Everton who are a top 6 Prem side yet some people deem him not good enough for us.

Yes he's cracking on but experience is key particularly with our youthful midfield and this fella likes to get stuck in and battle

No, he's gone. Great pro and very decent bloke with all his behind the scenes charity work etc. But this season his performances for EFC have been on a steady decline, witness v Wigan FA CUP as typical example. Him coming to us would be similar to Danny Murphy's arrival at Ewood Park from Fulham i.e bad.

Archived