Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Phil Neville?

Would you want him..

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/8601033/Everton-skipper-Phil-Neville-prepared-to-drop-down-divisions

Neville told the Liverpool Echo: "For me, I want to continue playing as long as possible, so I'm not embarrassed to go down the leagues.

"I think you can still have as much fun playing in the lower leagues as you can in the Premier League

I really like Phil Neville. Think he is a good professional, and as seen in the article, he obviously wants to keep playing football. He might be able to offer that bit of strength in midfield imo.

Not for me. Had his best years and I never really rated him in his prime to be honest

He isn't a World Class International, never was, but he can still add that bit of strength in midfield, something we lack at times. That, along with his experience, could be indispensible to a club looking to get into the Premier League.

Why not? Kevin Phillips etc are still performing at championship, Neville would be ideal for us we need experience and quality in the centre of the park he would provide that imo.

Changed my comment as it sounded like I'd be more against it than I actually would be.

No doubt he has tonnes of experience and he'd be quite safe to have in midfield. I guess I just don't find him that exciting of a player. Maybe you need a few players like that in your team?

I like him as a player; he's quite professional and this latest statement does go some way to showing he loves the game for the game and not solely for money. However, saying that, he is probably on a good pay-packet so as much as he says he's willing to go down the leagues, I can't imagine he'll want to drop down too much too soon. A Championship club on the up will definitely be going for his signature as he can still offer a fair bit, especially in experience and versatility which is key in this division.

I'm undecided on if I'd personally take him as I wouldn't want him to require high wages as one last big pay-off and use us like other players have done previously.

Changed my comment as it sounded like I'd be more against it than I actually would be.

No doubt he has tonnes of experience and he'd be quite safe to have in midfield. I guess I just don't find him that exciting of a player. Maybe you need a few players like that in your team?

We do imo two areas of the pitch still need addressing central midfield and the wing positions. The likes of Phil Neville/ Dean Whitehead are required imo to help us gain automatic promotion in the championship next season should we remain in this division. If we go up this season then those type of players would be necessary because they have huge amounts of experience at that level.

No.

He has been one of Everton's worst players this season, if not the worst.

Useless, he should retire and go into coaching.

Even though he's played the majority of their games this season and they are sitting in 6th place.

How on earth would you know if he's been their worst player? Do you watch them week in week out?

Even though he's played the majority of their games this season and they are sitting in 6th place.

How on earth would you know if he's been their worst player? Do you watch them week in week out?

I'm an Everton fan

Leicester are my main team as you all know.

But I also support Everton and Exeter.

Sums you up really lol

Least I'm not a glory hunting little shit, and support Man Utd, Chelsea or Man City.

Supported Everton for years and years.

While I follow Exeter because I have family down there.

Anyone see the Phil Neville behaviour trend when it was going around on Twitter? My personal favourites were:

#PhilNevilleBehaviour Clapping, encouraging players to raise their game, when you've just set up Callum Mcmanaman for Wigans second.
Throwing your shirt into the crowd after the game, only to have it thrown back at you #PhilNevilleBehaviour

Not really seen him play for years so I can't offer much of an opinion.

Anyone see the Phil Neville behaviour trend when it was going around on Twitter? My personal favourites were:

[/size]

[/size]

Not really seen him play for years so I can't offer much of an opinion.

Told you guys, there are much more than that as well as Basingstoke Fox will know.

So don't accuse me of knowing nothing, about Everton or Phil Neville.

Told you guys, there are much more than that as well as Basingstoke Fox will know.

So don't accuse me of knowing nothing, about Everton or Phil Neville.

Yeah you just know nothing in general. He would still be a good squad player. Just because he's apparently not good enough to be in the Everton team doesn't mean he cant do a job at Championship level.

Yeah you just know nothing in general. He would still be a good squad player. Just because he's apparently not good enough to be in the Everton team doesn't mean he cant do a job at Championship level.

lol

Tony Hibbert is a better professional than Phil Neville.

He is shit nowadays, and luckily after the Wigan defeat got dropped next game.

He is only captain because he is experienced, drop him and they can easily give Jagielka or Osman the armband.

Archived