Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

New Manager

366 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we want?

• Martin O'Neill
    • Roberto Di Matteo
    • Brian McDermott
    • Neil Lennon
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Mark Hughes
    • Terry Butcher
    • Owen Coyle

Can't believe people want O Neill back.

The stars aligned for the guy in his first spell here, but his legacy was players on stupidly high wages and a spending habit that carried over to Mr. Taylor. Ultimately, that was what lead to our administration in the long run.

If Pearson does go, I'll at least thank him for his work in balancing the books after Sven took much the same course, with poor results and a mountain of debt to show for it.

I fear that if we did get O Neill, we'd be back in Svenland, with overpaid players underperforming - just like the state Sunderland find themselves in, but without the parachute payments to cushion our inevitable fall. It's a scary thought.

I'd be much happier with someone like McDermott - a level head with a view for the long-term and good links.

I don't know who I want, I thought it was Pearson until 5pm yesterday. I have been optimistic all season but now I'm just furious that we put ourselves into a position where we are fighting for the last play off spot. Knowing City they wont just filter out, they will keep us all believing and hanging on until 4th May when we go to Forest, thats where our fate will be decided.

Guest Foxin_mad

Cant believe people want McDermott the bloke is a major sideways step, he too 2.5 years with Reading to get promotion, as if our fans would afford him that kind of time. There are only 2 managers worth getting, neither will come here. We will end up with some second rate shite like McDermott and we will be back here again this time next year. Bring back Sven to finish the job....... :chant::ph34r:

The stars aligned for the guy in his first spell here, but his legacy was players on stupidly high wages and a spending habit that carried over to Mr. Taylor. Ultimately, that was what lead to our administration in the long run.

If Pearson does go, I'll at least thank him for his work in balancing the books after Sven took much the same course, with poor results and a mountain of debt to show for it.

I fear that if we did get O Neill, we'd be back in Svenland, with overpaid players underperforming - just like the state Sunderland find themselves in, but without the parachute payments to cushion our inevitable fall. It's a scary thought.

I'd be much happier with someone like McDermott - a level head with a view for the long-term and good links.

Really?????

Think you will find , that Peter Taylor offered most of the new contracts ?

God left us in our best position as a club ?

Money in the bank , European football ???

That team needed 3 quality players adding to it and could have competed at a higher level...

Not Akinbadbuys and Lewis's and Benjinmens !!!!

It was the wasted money by Taylor , relegation and the walkers stadium which led to administration not MON....??

Most of the players during MON's reign were on average contracts, it was Tater Peeler that offered stupid increases as soon as he walked in the door, Stef oakes was on less than 5k ended up more than doubling that, Lennon went to 30k just to stop him leaving, that didn't work.

Imagine if we had a 30k seater stadium and had given o'neill 22million at that time not PT or Sven, to fritter it away.

I know it's living in the past, but wouldn't you just like to find out if it could work?He would instantly have the backing of the fans, the place needs a lift, he could provide it. The whole atmosphere around the club at the minute stinks.

As for mcdermott, what based on a career of 19 decent games at reading. his 1st part of the season was a bit like our end to this season.

Completely and utterly uninspired by any of the names on that last, save the two we definitely won't get; MoN and RDM.

Seriously ****ing fed up with supporting this football club now, sick of the moaning, the animosity and the general bad ****ing atmosphere surrounding this club. It's never been the same since MoN left and we moved to that shithole stadium down the road. Any chance I can get the last 13 years of my life back?

This is how it feels when the love of your life is rejected by the fans - I know, it happened to me

Guest Foxin_mad

Lets bring back Sven he can then lead us in to the abyss and financial meltdown. To be honest we would be better in the Blue Square, put an end to this stupid expectation and constant demand for success by fans and clueless owners. We are average and will continue to be average, it will only get worse the more we change managers. We have changed managers so many times in the last 13 years and still we remain crap........what does it say about the revolving door manager policy, it doesn't WORK. This club needs some stability or things will only get worse.

I would bring back MON or RDM.

If none the above 2 take the job then I would bring in Roy Keane for the last six games, he would get respect from the players and would give them a kick up the arse for the last push.

If none of the above 3 are available we may as well keep Pearson.

Guest Foxin_mad

Roy fecking Keane........are you having a laugh? He wouldn't command the respect of a 2 year old! Let alone arrogant overpaid footballers.

Lets bring back Sven he can then lead us in to the abyss and financial meltdown. To be honest we would be better in the Blue Square, put an end to this stupid expectation and constant demand for success by fans and clueless owners. We are average and will continue to be average, it will only get worse the more we change managers. We have changed managers so many times in the last 13 years and still we remain crap........what does it say about the revolving door manager policy, it doesn't WORK. This club needs some stability or things will only get worse.

I thought when we changed Holloway for big Nige things got better? Come on, be consistent

This thread is depressing. People calling for Pearson's head all season while we were in the top 6 and coming up with a garbage list of replacements.

Our whole season has been trolled by our own fans. At least I assume they're our fans and not Dull fans in disguise.

MON's record of spending at other clubs have made him a villain. No matter what he achieved here, the owners wouldn't want that. McDermott is the natural choice

A fat, bald version of Pearson. Ask Reading fans - all you'll get is hoofball, week in, week out. It's funny how so many people are clamouring for him because they're fed up with Pearson's long ball antics.

Pearson might not be the answer, but Brian McDermott is not the answer either.

Don't forget that Reading were pony for much of last season as well. They won the league due to their usual trick of playing like the league started in February.

I can't say I rate McDermott all that highly.

Archived