Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

New Manager

366 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we want?

• Martin O'Neill
    • Roberto Di Matteo
    • Brian McDermott
    • Neil Lennon
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Mark Hughes
    • Terry Butcher
    • Owen Coyle

Fook it...

Despite utter garbage performances (be honest, they have been recently) Nige is still our manager.

Get behind him boys, lets give it our all (especially the bloody players!) and lets beat Brighton and get some sort of form back. It's gotta come from somewhere!!

COYB'S!!!

Money?

With players still on the books who were awarded contracts unsuitable for this division, it's an inescapable we have to sell in order to buy. Whereas maybe other clubs who haven't been so fast & loose may have more room to manoeuvre in the transfer market.

FFP starts next season, they should bite the bullet and pay off everyone who they don't want around the club right now, players and staff.

FFP starts next season, they should bite the bullet and pay off everyone who they don't want around the club right now, players and staff.

I did wonder if that was possible

Pay off everyone we need to leave... stick it on the debt mountain and use accounting practices to reduce its impact on FFP.

I refuse to vote on this. Mainly because I think sacking Pearson would show that the owners know nothing about football. Yes, we're having a bad run but it's not over yet. These days if a manager has a bad run he feels the pressure to step down or he gets sacked but I still strongly believe that Pearson is the man for the job. Okay so we're sitting in 7th but we've proved twice that we can go on run. Twice this season we've won 5 games in a row. Everyone was believing at the beginning. Yes we've had a dip in form but Pearson is the best manager since O'Neill days and is in fact the best manager ever with win ratios.

I'm annoyed as anyone with the dip in form but in Friday's game against Millwall had Morgan not been sent off (no fault of Pearson's) then I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have lost. We've had the games we just haven't had the results or luck recently. We will get there. I'm sure of it. I don't want us to start again with a completely new manager.

• Martin O'Neill (134 votes [40.48%])
  • Roberto Di Matteo (96 votes [29.00%])
  • Brian McDermott (31 votes [9.37%])
  • Neil Lennon (47 votes [14.20%])
  • Alan Curbishley (4 votes [1.21%])
  • Mark Hughes (3 votes [0.91%])
  • Terry Butcher (8 votes [2.42%])
  • Owen Coyle (8 votes [2.42%])
  • Can't believe Martin has only 40%. The only other 2 managers i like are Brian and Owen, the rest are either also-rans, boring or not equiped, and yes that includes Neil, celtic is not a barrometer, look what Martin has achieved since managing them, nothing, but Leicester is Martin's spiritual managerial HOME.

Terry Butcher for me. Some people call the Scottish Premier League crap, and of course it does not compare to ours, albeit Celtic would be better than most if they were in our Premiership league. With all their money they should win eery year now.

Terry Butcher has done a fantastic job with Inverness Cally, and has more than proved he has a shrewd eye for players, and getting them to gel, even beating Celtic this season.He is a man with vision, and I am certain would do a great job for us.

Terry Butcher for me. Some people call the Scottish Premier League crap, and of course it does not compare to ours, albeit Celtic would be better than most if they were in our Premiership league. With all their money they should win eery year now.

Terry Butcher has done a fantastic job with Inverness Cally, and has more than proved he has a shrewd eye for players, and getting them to gel, even beating Celtic this season.He is a man with vision, and I am certain would do a great job for us.

Terry Butcher is awful,his one job outside Scotland with Sydney fc in the A league he was sacked half way through the season. Haven't we learnt about managers who do well in the SPL they never do well in the championship.

Terry Butcher is awful,his one job outside Scotland with Sydney fc in the A league he was sacked half way through the season. Haven't we learnt about managers who do well in the SPL they never do well in the championship.

Yeah, **** anyone who does well in the SPL, That Alex Ferguson is a woeful manager.

Errm he managed at co* and Sunderland as well.

Yeah, **** anyone who does well in the SPL, That Alex Ferguson is a woeful manager.

The SPL wasn't around when Ferguson was at Aberedeen. Since the introduction of the premier League Scottish football has changed from a division of quality were genuinely good players played to one of the worst leagues in Europe not much better than league 2.

The SPL wasn't around when Ferguson was at Aberedeen. Since the introduction of the premier League Scottish football has changed from a division of quality were genuinely good players played to one of the worst leagues in Europe not much better than league 2.

whilst I agree it's not quite what it used to be, It's not one of the worst leagues in Europe and half the teams in it could probably survive in the Championship. What a massive over statement you have just made

Mowbrays first full time job was Hibernian, he came down to England and got WBA promoted.

I get bored of Leicester fans refusing to touch anything thats managed in the SPL and claim it "never works" just because Levein didn't do very well on a absloute shoe string budget. It just displays a distinct lack of footballing knowledge.

For the record I wouldn't touch Butcher with a barge pole, not that Pearson has even been sacked yet rendering this whole thread pointless.

Doesn't really matter I am sure whoever it is will be succesfully hounded out within 12 months when we don't instantly go up.

(Rinse and repeat)

Have we hounded out anyone that didn't deserve it?

MON is probably the only one who received undue criticism, all the rest should probably have been sacked earlier.

I also think Pearson has had a very easy ride, any other manager who oversaw a run like we're in would have received a lot more stick.

MON is probably the only one who received undue criticism, all the rest should probably have been sacked earlier.

I also think Pearson has had a very easy ride, any other manager who oversaw a run like we're in would have received a lot more stick.

It was a reference to what is happening now as opposed too anything that has happened previously but thank you for bringing up O'Neil I'd forgotten how disgracefully he was treated by some of our fans.

Maybe so but I doubt there would be many managers still sitting in 7th after a run like this. If we're going to sack everyone who finishes 7th in the first full season I can't see us going anywhere anytime soon. Our support has a lot to answer for in regard to the state of the players confidence as well, hard to feel good about yourself when your being berrated on twitter and booed by your own fans, what they earn is irrelevant it's going to affect the way they perform. Shocking the way this club has imploded recently, makes it hard to identify with. It's no wonder most other clubs in this division laugh at us for being fickel and having an over inflated sense of self importance.

"What you are going to have with me is someone who is even more hungry," McDermott told BBC Radio Berkshire.

"If I do get a Championship club they will be getting a very, very hungry managerâ€

In these financially tough times we can't afford someone who will require such a large food budget. It's a no from me.

This, i agree i cant remember anyone other than Martin O'God getting unfair stick early doors

Archived