Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

New Manager

366 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we want?

• Martin O'Neill
    • Roberto Di Matteo
    • Brian McDermott
    • Neil Lennon
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Mark Hughes
    • Terry Butcher
    • Owen Coyle

Mcdermott for me.

Pragmatic, not consistent.

Which is what you need in this division.

Has a recruitment policy which is as good as Steve Walsh, but has far superior tactical knowledge than Pearson. Also instills a lot of confidence in players.

Guest ttfn

Keane or hoddle seriously what a muppet I wud rather av paul dickov(I dont actually want dickov btw) think before u comment idiot

Just my opinion.

My only issue with Hoddle is that it's been a long while since he managed in this league and it's an altogether different beast to the last time he was involved. I'd not be disappointed if it was him, though - he got England playing some good enough stuff.

I don't understand the animosity towards the poster that suggested it.

Voted O'Neill, but probably not likely.

I don't think Di Matteo would be as unlikely as some people are saying. He's still a relatively inexperienced manager who happened to manage a big club for 6 months and won the Champions League. People are talking like he'd be likely to be offered jobs like Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, and he can wait for them. He can't. He's not been around long enough to be able to afford to wait for them, nor that they would risk appointing him. Best job he's likely to get would be the likes of Sunderland or Reading, and I wouldn't have thought Di Canio or Adkins were out our reach before they took them jobs. So Di Matteo I think is a very likely possibility.

Curbishly is a good manager, but he's been out the game for ages, and I can't believe in that time he hasn't been offered quite a few jobs, but for some reason hasn't taken any. I'm not sure he wants to get back into management.

Obviously saw a lot of Reading in recent years and McDermott always set them up well. They worked hard and played on the counter, even at home. His football isn't exactly entertaining though.

Would like to see Neil Lennon though, he's got to get bored at Celtic eventually.

But not in the list, Kenny Jackett. He has always impressed me. Done well at Millwall on virtually no budget, got some good players as well.

McDermott, hands down. Always set his Reading sides up superbly on the counter in this division. Adkins-lite.

McDermott would end up with our fans asking for him to be sacked just like they do every other manager.

He didn't get Reading promoted at the first attempt... He was something like 21st in the league by Oct/Nov of the following season. The important international break where we'd no doubt sack him

He'd never survive the McDermott Out movement if he replicated his Reading form here.

Hey OP - Why not include Pearson in the poll... just to compare how many don't want endless transition etc...

No vote from me, although if we had to pick from that list, it's awful.... nobody exciting up there, although I'd lean towards Lennon if there was a gun to my head and I had to pick from that awful list.

Martin O'Neill

Roberto Di Matteo

Mick McCarthy

Neil Warnock

Steve Coppell

Brian McDermott

In that order. The first two being my big targets. I'd be happy with any of the rest though. All have won promotion from this league (some multiple times) and most have won the division. In fact I think only O'Neill hasn't.

Archived