Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

New Manager

366 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we want?

• Martin O'Neill
    • Roberto Di Matteo
    • Brian McDermott
    • Neil Lennon
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Mark Hughes
    • Terry Butcher
    • Owen Coyle

Don't forget that Reading were pony for much of last season as well. They won the league due to their usual trick of playing like the league started in February.

I can't say I rate McDermott all that highly.

Well that would be useful since we've played like the league ended in January lol

Obviously saw a lot of Reading in recent years and McDermott always set them up well. They worked hard and played on the counter, even at home. His football isn't exactly entertaining though.

Would like to see Neil Lennon though, he's got to get bored at Celtic eventually.

But not in the list, Kenny Jackett. He has always impressed me. Done well at Millwall on virtually no budget, got some good players as well.

i suppose Jackett would know how to get Wood and Kane on form! But imagine Millwall fans if we took him...

There should probably be a keep Pearson option as well. I'm in complete limber on this one, the only person if be happy with is sir Martin, if he's not interested i'd rather stick with Pearson. The team has bottled it so far but a win at the weekend and all will be forgotten

Okay, if Nigel goes we have got to bring in a Manager for the next 6 games, that person must be able to utilise our players to the best of their abilities.

If a person has spent their career putting square objects into square holes, no point giving him a job to put triangle objects into square holes.

I therefore, believe that the club should appoint me for the final six games. I'll get us into the Premiership.

On a serious and side note, not a popular choice, Glenn Hoddle has the abilities to take us up with our current squad. For six games, see what he can do. He wouldn't be a popular and most likely wouldn't touch us with yours but who else is availiable?

In my eyes MON is a god i don't want that ruining when the players don't perform and we are here again next year

So if it was MoN in charge, it would be the players fault for not performing, but when it's Pearson in charge, it's all his fault?

I wouldn't bother changing manager now, purely because I don't think there's enough time between now and the end of the season for a new manager with completely new ideas to come in and make a tangible difference, and all the realistic names that have been mentioned as replacements make me want to top myself - what a sorry bunch.

No manager will be able to make any real difference over the remaining 6 games. Unless that is you subscribe to the viewpoint that by sacking Pearson now and getting someone insitu, they can appraise the strengths and weaknesses of the team this season and make the requisite changes to personnel during the summer.

We still have a chance though to make the playoffs, albeit, a fast diminishing one. But give Pearson the chance to succeed or fail and make the decision at the end of the season is my preference.

O'Neill is more likely to retire than manage us again. Di Matteo has just won the Champions League, surely he can expect a Premier League job at the very least. Neil Lennon is doing extremely well at Celtic; a bigger club and a club that he has even more of an affiliation with

I'd go for Lennon, see if he fancied a new challenge with us. He's done a decent job with Celtic, was a popular player so the majority of fans will be on board. Plus he has managed to do well with Celtic where the pressure and level of expectation is possibly greater than it would be with us. The chance to manage in England at a club he has an affiliation with, where he will have some money to play with could be enough to tempt him.

I'd go for Lennon, see if he fancied a new challenge with us. He's done a decent job with Celtic, was a popular player so the majority of fans will be on board. Plus he has managed to do well with Celtic where the pressure and level of expectation is possibly greater than it would be with us. The chance to manage in England at a club he has an affiliation with, where he will have some money to play with could be enough to tempt him.

Living closer to his daughter may affect any decision he may or may not have to make as well.

I'd imagine NP's short term future almost totally depends on whether either of those first two names are interested in the job. A no from both and he's prob safe until the end of the season due to the lack of any real quality in the rest of that list. A yes from either and he'll be gone before you can say 'minge ninja'.

Money?

I don't understand... There is an FFP ceiling which limits owner investment to £5m. We ran up a £30m (Sven's Championship 'Dream Team' season) loss last season and a £15m (the Premiership loan stars) in the season before.

I don't know how they're going to fiddle the books to get us under the ceiling, but I'm almost certain it doesn't include money to spend.

With players still on the books who were awarded contracts unsuitable for this division, it's an inescapable we have to sell in order to buy. Whereas maybe other clubs who haven't been so fast & loose may have more room to manoeuvre in the transfer market.

Money?

I don't understand... There is an FFP ceiling which limits owner investment to £5m. We ran up a £30m (Sven's Championship 'Dream Team' season) loss last season and a £15m (the Premiership loan stars) in the season before.

I don't know how they're going to fiddle the books to get us under the ceiling, but I'm almost certain it doesn't include money to spend.

With players still on the books who were awarded contracts unsuitable for this division, it's an inescapable we have to sell in order to buy. Whereas maybe other clubs who haven't been so fast & loose may have more room to manoeuvre in the transfer market.

Having not studied the books I couldn't say for certain, but I'd guess at there could be a certain amount of funds to spend, maybe not quite as much as what has been spent previously but there could be room to spend. I agree with you that we will have to sell to raise funds to maybe spend further, but is that really such a bad thing? Pearson to a certain extent had to sell to raise funds last summer, and it's hardly the end of the world if we have to do so again. There's plenty of players that need to be moved on to ease the pressure on the books, Wellens, Gallagher and King for example were all given high contracts under Sven. Add Konchesky to that list too. All players that haven't featured much this year or are just too expensive to have in the team and aren't giving enough value for money. Players like Vardy and Futacs have under performed too so space could be created if we tried to move them on.

I agree we won't have buckets of cash to spend to fit in with FFP, so work has to be done to create some space for us to do so by whoever our manager is, but there could be a degree of funds there i'm sure.

Would love O'Neill back obviously but if not am unsure. Would love to see a Youngish manager come in and while Ray Wilkins is kicking his heels get him involved too if he would come. Chelsea have not been anywhere near the same team since he went.

McDermott has given his first in depth interview since his sacking to Radio Berkshire

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/22013971

Nothing about us, or anyone specific... apart from it sounds like he won't be moving anywhere in a rush... His priority seems to be owner relations and spending power.

The latter of which means we may struggle considering the £100m debt... and a healthy number of players on Premiership wages.

"What you are going to have with me is someone who is even more hungry," McDermott told BBC Radio Berkshire.

"If I do get a Championship club they will be getting a very, very hungry managerâ€

McDermott lost his job despite leading the club to the Championship title last season and he believes he is an attractive proposition for a club in that division.

"I have to make sure I will join my next club on my terms," he said."In the last three years in the Championship, we got ourselves out of trouble, we reached the play off final and we won the league so my record is half decent."

"I don't know when I'll be back I don't want to put a time frame on anything. Everything needs to be right - finances need to be right; relationship with the board and the owner."

"So a lot of things need to be taken into consideration and it has to be a right match."

McDermott has given his first in depth interview since his sacking to Radio Berkshire

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/22013971

Nothing about us, or anyone specific... apart from it sounds like he won't be moving anywhere in a rush... His priority seems to be owner relations and spending power.

The latter of which means we may struggle considering the £100m debt... and a healthy number of players on Premiership wages.

was he just hungry when he said this? lol

Archived