Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

New Manager

366 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we want?

• Martin O'Neill
    • Roberto Di Matteo
    • Brian McDermott
    • Neil Lennon
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Mark Hughes
    • Terry Butcher
    • Owen Coyle

The SPL wasn't around when Ferguson was at Aberedeen. Since the introduction of the premier League Scottish football has changed from a division of quality were genuinely good players played to one of the worst leagues in Europe not much better than league 2.

I watched Inverness Cally play earlier in the season, and they would have played our current side off the park,

+

Highly intellectual post, coming from you.

Well it is true what has he achieved in this division? nothing failed at Coventry and Sunderland great manager NOT!

For me we have to appoint someone that has been a success at this level and in the prem ideally

MON

RDM

Mick McCarthy

Are the top 3 candidates for me

If we are looking for someone to achieve success in this division only then: Brian McDermott would be the only one.

whilst I agree it's not quite what it used to be, It's not one of the worst leagues in Europe and half the teams in it could probably survive in the Championship. What a massive over statement you have just made

Mowbrays first full time job was Hibernian, he came down to England and got WBA promoted.

I get bored of Leicester fans refusing to touch anything thats managed in the SPL and claim it "never works" just because Levein didn't do very well on a absloute shoe string budget. It just displays a distinct lack of footballing knowledge.

For the record I wouldn't touch Butcher with a barge pole, not that Pearson has even been sacked yet rendering this whole thread pointless.

Half the teams would survive in the championship? Who apart from Celtic who? And for every tony Mowbray who has been average I can give you a Jim Jefferies, Craig Levine or Alex Mcleish.

I am not having ago and I used to enjoy Scottish football but it is really woeful without Rangers any competition has gone. What other league can I tell you with confidence and without challenge who will win the league for the next 3 years?

Anyway Butcher is awful.

Out of all the managers available, he would be my 3rd choice. After MON and RDM. All the promotions he has had can't be luck.

7 promotions in 32 years if you count conference. Most have been in league one and two. Just two promotions at this level, and he made hard work of them both with very talented squads.

Overrated.

Apart from Pearson, there's only one name been mentioned in this thread that will be used to working under the tight budget that we'll be under next season and that's Kenny Jackett.

We could have a bit of a nightmare scenario next season if we can't offload all the high earners, we'd be stuck with them and have to get rid of all the players we actually want to keep, padding out the squad with academy players and cheap nobodies. I can't actually see anyone with any sense taking the job. Might as well let Pearson carry on with it as best he can.

That's assuming there isn't a miraculous recovery and a play off win this season

If the board aren't going to back Pearson he may as well go now. If the right manager cannot be found now try and get someone in until the end of the season(bit like we did with worthington) and see what happens. Who would take the job short term is another matter.

Not saying he should go, but should he last the season and either be sacked or leave in the summer, wouldn't mind seeing someone like Gary Rowett here. Doing great things at one of the smallest clubs in league one, and obviously knows the city. I know he's not got any experience of the league, but neither did Paul Lambert. Just a thought anyway.

Keane or hoddle seriously what a muppet I wud rather av paul dickov(I dont actually want dickov btw) think before u comment idiot

Don't be a cock, people are allowed their opinions, it's a forum, that's the point!!

Archived