Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Barnsley player ratings

Kasper - 6 - Some good saves and a decent penalty save.

De Laet - 1 - Poor at defending. Very soft.

Keane - 5 - Our most solid defender, unlucky with the own goal.

Whitbread - 3

Konchesky - 2 - Consistently gave the ball away, as I said in the summer, we need a new left back.

Dyer - 2 - Offered nothing as usual. Like playing with 10 men.

King - 3 - Not involved enough and likes to pass the ball back a lot.

James - 3

Knockaert - 4 - Tried but not enough quality. Not sure why he was taken off though, he was better than Dyer.

Wood - 4 - Held the ball up well but had little support.

Nugent - 4 - Lacking something

_____

Moore - 6 - Tried his hardest, pleased to see that. Prefer him to De Laet.

Schlupp - 6 - Offered more than any other of our wingers/forwards but came on for the wrong man (Wood).

Marshall - 3 - Corners don't beat the first man, throw ins are weak and then I watched him swear at his own fans.

_____

Kasper - 6 good saves and always passionate

De Laet - 2 got beaten a lot and his passing was poor

Keane - 5 not bad, but certainly wasn't his best game

Whitbread - 2 Why wasn't he taken off!? Awful all game,

Konchesky - 2 at fault for the first, Poor passing, no attacking instinct, shouldn't be here next season

Knockaert - 4 tried to get things going, taken off to early

James - 4 got stuck in, but again he was poor

King - 2 went missing again

Dyer - 3 offered very little to the team

Nugent - 3 didn't seem bothered until he got booked, unlucky not to score

Wood - 3 didn't have much of an impact, poor finishing

Schlupp - 7 came on and straight the way offered something different, should start on Saturday

Moore - 7 like Schlupp, played well and was a threat going forward

Marshall - 2 swearing at the fans because he took to long to take a corner, which never beat the first man,

Kasper 7 - prevented us an even further embarrassment.

RDL 4 - bullied.

Konch 2 - horrendous.

Whitbread 3 - pathetic.

Keane 4 - poor, gave the ball away leading to the opener, then thought fack it, I'll score for them too.

Dyer 2 - utterly abysmal. The only winger that plays with his back to goal.

Knockaert 5 - tried but failed.

King 3 - anonymous.

James 3 - headless chicken.

Wood 2 - what's happened to him?

Nuge 4 - tried his heart out, refs don't seem to like him. Badly needs a goal.

Moore 7 - beefed us up a bit, never afraid.

Marshall 5 - must learn to beat the first man from corners, offered us more with his work-rate. Bit of nonsense with the fans needs to be swept under the rug.

Schlupp 7 - gave them all sorts of problems. We had our best spell when he was on.

Schmeichel- 8 (He did his job, made some saves which kept the score down)

De Laet- 3

Keane- 4

Whitbread- 4

Konchesky- 2 (Terrible)

Knockaert- 5 (Felt a bit for him, he tried to find team-mates unlike others)

King- 3

James- 3 (As bad as each other)

Dyer- 2 (Did nothing)

Wood- 1 (Can't remember a positive thing he did)

Nugent- 3

Moore- 4 (Better than De Laet, not saying too much though)

Schlupp- 6 (Only outfield player with a decent touch and pace that actually gave Barnsley something to think about)

Marshall- 5 (Corners weren't great but similar to Knockaert)

Just got back from Banny, what has NP done to us?

Sending SSL out on loan was a major mistake, I fail to understand the logic, I know for a fact that there has been no falling out and that it was NP idea to loan him out.

It was said it was to give SSL game time but if that's the case what about Whitbread?

He's played less than SSL,

It really defys logic

Kasper 7 - prevented us an even further embarrassment.

RDL 4 - bullied.

Konch 2 - horrendous.

Whitbread 3 - pathetic.

Keane 4 - poor, gave the ball away leading to the opener, then thought fack it, I'll score for them too.

Dyer 2 - utterly abysmal. The only winger that plays with his back to goal.

Knockaert 5 - tried but failed.

King 3 - anonymous.

James 3 - headless chicken.

Wood 2 - what's happened to him?

Nuge 4 - tried his heart out, refs don't seem to like him. Badly needs a goal.

Moore 7 - beefed us up a bit, never afraid.

Marshall 5 - must learn to beat the first man from corners, offered us more with his work-rate. Bit of nonsense with the fans needs to be swept under the rug.

Schlupp 7 - gave them all sorts of problems. We had our best spell when he was on.

Are you having an affair with Marshall? If so, tell him that it is A LOT more dangerous to get the ball around the penalty spot from corners than to consistantly hit the first man AND to stop swearing at his own fans who pay part of his wages. He has even got his own song for doing very little!

Kasper 7 - Couple of good saves, including the penalty.

RDL 4 - Poor. Didn't see why he came off so early - injury?

Konch 3 - Poor.

Whitbread 3 - Lamentable.

Keane 4 - Badly needs to be alongside Morgan.

Dyer 2 - Utter shite. Can't even manage basic skills such as trapping the ball.

Knockaert 4 - Largely ineffective.

King 0 - Can't really give him a rating. Can't even remember him touching the ball once.

James 3 - Poor passing.

Wood 2 - Useless.

Nuge 4 - Pretty useless. Needs the ball into his feet more; he can't do anything with it in the air.

Moore 6 - Gave it a go in difficualt circumstances.

Marshall 2 - Utter dogshite. I'm sorry, if you can't beat the first man after FIVE ****ING CORNERS you shouldn't be doing football as a full-time job.

Schlupp 6 - Tried.

Kasper Schmeichel = 8 (Penalty save plus several other key saves that prevented a potential cricket score..)

Ritchie De Laet = 4 (Turned inside out way too easily before being hauled off with injury.)

Paul Konchesky = 4 (Caught napping on a few occasions and was ran ragged the entire afternoon.)

Zak Whitbread = 3 (One mistake after another, showed his lack of game time and that he was away with injury.)

Michael Keane = 4 (Try as he might, he missed Wes Morgan alongside him today, gave his all after his own goal but was under relentless pressure.)

Lloyd Dyer = 2 (Apart from winning one free kick, he did nothing. Too often out of position and seems to have lost his most potent weapon, his speed. Should have gone off at half-time.)

Anthony Knockaert = 5 (The best of a bad midfield bunch, tried to break forward but the midfield was eventually drowned out in the scrappy battle.)

Andy King = 3 (Practically anonymous, forgot he was on the pitch at times.)

Matty James = 3 (Way too many awry passes in the midfield and conceding possession in the defending third needlessly.)

Chris Wood = 3 (The holding-up technique seems to have been forgotten, not to mention he's not scored for a while now, didn't look dangerous today.)

David Nugent = 4 (He tried, but at the expense of a yellow card. Nothing seemed to fall for him today and didn't get the service he needed. Similar goal drought problem as Wood.)

Substitutions

Liam Moore = 6 - Didn't really put a foot wrong and was never afraid to get stuck in, but was fighting a lost cause amidst all the chaos around him.

Ben Marshall = 4 (A man whose confidence has been destroyed. Fan-abusing aside, fails to beat the first man on set-pieces 90% of the time and basic passing was a-miss, like the rest of the midfield.)

Jeff Schlupp = 8* (Star of the day. Was a constant thorn in their defence and was unlucky not to get his goal. Leicester City's best moments were when he was involved.)

Guest ttfn

I hope I don't seem too flippant with these ratings but today was the latest in a long line of disasters. Yet somehow, despite being the most predictable, it was the worst performance of the lot.

Schmeichel 9 - I can't believe some of the 6s and 7s I'm seeing above. In addition to saving a penalty, he saved at least two one-on-ones and made a ludicrous double save in the build-up to the 2nd disallowed goal for them.

De Laet 3 - Very poor today but has had a decent enough season and even in this dreadful run has at least maintained some semblance of form.

Keane 5 - Had an appalling first 20 minutes and thereafter looked pretty good.

Whitbread 2 - Shit. What an absolute disaster of a signing.

Konchesky 2 - Can't retire soon enough. To think he was such a reliable, consistent performer in the inconsistent garbage we saw last season, and that this season he's reduced to clubbing balls to the lumbering front men and losing possession easily when attempting to do anything else.

Knockaert 4 - Worked his nuts off but didn't see much of the ball. Deserves to be see more of the ball.

King 3 - Rubbish.

James 3 - Rubbish.

Dyer 2 - Ridiculous performance. Spent most of the game lurking in the centre of the pitch, where he's as effective as a chocolate teapot.

Wood 3 - 1 for the first half, 5 for the second - he actually started jumping in the second half and almost scored through sheer force of will.

Nugent 3 - Doesn't even put in his trademark effort any more.

subs:

Moore 6 - Our best defender.

Marshall 4 - Regardless of the incident with the fans (which I missed, I have to say I was disappointed to hear the booing of him), he didn't play well.

Schlupp 7 - This is the minimum level of performance our outfield players should be aspiring to. Made intelligent runs, wanted the ball, showed determination to keep it. Absolutely must start UP FRONT at Brighton. Given that the season has gone tits up, he should be given the next six games to see what he can do in that position. This kid got 8 goals in 10 matches at a level lower than this 2 years ago and he looks ready to take a step up at this level now.

If Barnsley had been 4-0 up at half time it would not have flattered them. The only reason we got back into the game at all is that they were so comfortable that they took their foot off the gas.

What a miserable day. The only upside was becoming probably the first silly sod to sing Showaddywaddy on the radio since before I was born. :P

Schmeichel- 7 - If our outfield players weren't such a shower, we'd be raving about the save.

De Laet- 3 - Shattered after Friday, should never have started.

Keane- 5 - Unlucky with first goal, equally to blame for second.

Whitbread- 3 See above for second goal. Very rusty.

Konchesky- 1 - Torn apart for first goal, dreadful game. Drop him.

Knockaert- 3 - Huffed and puffed for 5 minutes, looked knackered, did nothing after that.

King- 2 - Took me 55 minutes to realise he was playing.

James- 2 - Won about as many balls as a straight man in a gay bar.

Dyer- 3 - Nonexistant, yet best of a bad bunch in MF.

Wood- 1 - Absolute waste.

Nugent- 2 - Wasted on the wing, but generally shite.

Moore- 5 - Average, but a damn sight better than what he replaced.

Schlupp- 7 - Only good outfield performance today, anyone got a cloning machine?

Marshall- 3 - Poor sub, offered little and deserved his boos. You don't stroll to take a corner in front of your own fans when you're 2-0 down and then give THEM stick. Twat.

Pearson - 4 - What can a fella do? Nobody could manage this lot at the minute. I've defended him, but even I'm lost as to where we go from here.

Might as well have my fun with these smilies for one last time, since I'm expecting the inevitable tomorrow.

:pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson:

Schmeichel - 8. Not a lot could be done about either goal. Saved a penalty and made a few saves. MOTM for us.

De Laet - 2. Embarrassing and can't defend.

Keane - 5. I didn't think he was as bad as most say, certainly better than the other defenders.

Whitbread - 3. Out of his depth. How did a man who was hailed as Norwich's best defender end up this bad?

Konchesky - 1. Worst game for LCFC.

Knockaert - 3. Damp. He tries to make things happen but nowadays, he just doesn't.

James - 1. Embarrassing.

King - 1. Embarrassing.

Dyer - 0. Final straw for me. Get rid. He's awful.

Nugent - 2. Did fvck all (again).

Wood - 1. I honestly think other than finishing, this bloke's shite. His all-round game is appalling and we're trying to use him in an advanced role. Create chances and he'll put them away, but other than that he's looked literally worse than Beckford.

Subs;

Moore - 6. Looked world class amongst that 'team' but so would I.

Schlupp - 7. Best outfielder, tried to make things happen and so nearly did.

Marshall - 1. Embarrassing.

Other than Schmeichel, Moore & Schlupp, I'd fine the lot of them. I went into that game expecting a pretty shit one but we were absolutely destroyed. I personally feel a fair score would've been 5-0 or 6-1, absolute disgrace. That genuinely is the most pitiful, most pathetic performance I have ever seen in my entire life from a Leicester side. Seriously what a fvcking disgrace.

Guest ttfn

Schmeichel - 8. Not a lot could be done about either goal. Saved a penalty and made a few saves. MOTM for us.

De Laet - 2. Embarrassing and can't defend.

Keane - 5. I didn't think he was as bad as most say, certainly better than the other defenders.

Whitbread - 3. Out of his depth. How did a man who was hailed as Norwich's best defender end up this bad?

Konchesky - 1. Worst game for LCFC.

Knockaert - 3. Damp. He tries to make things happen but nowadays, he just doesn't.

James - 1. Embarrassing.

King - 1. Embarrassing.

Dyer - 0. Final straw for me. Get rid. He's awful.

Nugent - 2. Did fvck all (again).

Wood - 1. I honestly think other than finishing, this bloke's shite. His all-round game is appalling and we're trying to use him in an advanced role. Create chances and he'll put them away, but other than that he's looked literally worse than Beckford.

Subs;

Moore - 6. Looked world class amongst that 'team' but so would I.

Schlupp - 7. Best outfielder, tried to make things happen and so nearly did.

Marshall - 1. Embarrassing.

Other than Schmeichel, Moore & Schlupp, I'd fine the lot of them. I went into that game expecting a pretty shit one but we were absolutely destroyed. I personally feel a fair score would've been 5-0 or 6-1, absolute disgrace. That genuinely is the most pitiful, most pathetic performance I have ever seen in my entire life from a Leicester side. Seriously what a fvcking disgrace.

Agree about a lot of this but Wood worse than Beckford? I know he's been poor but come on!

Schmeichel 7 - Save after save after save

De Laet 3 - Was getting torn apart, injury used as a smokescreen for Pearson's 'tactical' substitution to take him off.

Keane 3 - Completely different player when he has to use his right foot, distribution awful, looked uncomfortable and won no headers, bullied.

Whitbread 5 - Actually didn't think he did too bad...

Konchesky 1 - lol Joker, a 1 for going absolutely mad after the 2nd goal

Dyer 1 - did he play?

King 2 - Anonymous. STANDARD

James 4 - Got stuck in enough

Knockaert 3 - Touch off, unhelped by teammates

Nugent 2 - Fvcking dog

Wood 0 - A dog that should be put down, eeee orrreeee

Moore 7 - Solid, good energy, stuck in, drove forward and looked a threat

Schlupp 7.5 - Tore them apart when he came on by himself with no help

Marshall 4 - Mixed some decent touches and crosses, poor corners

Agree about a lot of this but Wood worse than Beckford? I know he's been poor but come on!

I think for the last few games he has. In his first two games he was special, I honestly thought we'd found the missing puzzle piece, but I'm sorry, other than a good finisher, what does he offer?

It's all well and good being a good finisher but we don't create anything anymore. We hoof the ball long to him and he doesn't even jump for it most of the time. His first touch is appalling, he's not overly quick. Honestly I think his early flying start has papered over the cracks big time with him, he's an extremely limited player if you ask me, his physique is massively deceiving.

Maybe comparing him to Beckford was being a bit harsh as I don't think he's come here for the money (which anyone denying Beckford did are kidding themselves) but the signing of him as turned us back to a long-ball side. We signed the ideal player to turn our good football into strong results (as he can finish unlike Vardy) but we've scrapped it in favour of trying to use him in a target-man like role and he just isn't even close to being good enough for that.

I think he's a better player than Vardy but we certainly played better football with him & Waghorn in the side. It sounds ridiculous, I know, but the stats don't lie.

Guest ttfn

I think for the last few games he has. In his first two games he was special, I honestly thought we'd found the missing puzzle piece, but I'm sorry, other than a good finisher, what does he offer?

It's all well and good being a good finisher but we don't create anything anymore. We hoof the ball long to him and he doesn't even jump for it most of the time. His first touch is appalling, he's not overly quick. Honestly I think his early flying start has papered over the cracks big time with him, he's an extremely limited player if you ask me, his physique is massively deceiving.

Maybe comparing him to Beckford was being a bit harsh as I don't think he's come here for the money (which anyone denying Beckford did are kidding themselves) but the signing of him as turned us back to a long-ball side. We signed the ideal player to turn our good football into strong results (as he can finish unlike Vardy) but we've scrapped it in favour of trying to use him in a target-man like role and he just isn't even close to being good enough for that.

I think he's a better player than Vardy but we certainly played better football with him & Waghorn in the side. It sounds ridiculous, I know, but the stats don't lie.

Agree with this.

I said this a while back. We were playing our best attacking football with Vardy up front earlier in the season. Somehow, he's become another scapegoat and bully-boy of our twats of fans

I'll take stick for this but I'd honestly stick Waghorn in next game. I don't know who deserves dropping more out of those two though.

You're right though. I'd say fook it and play Waghorn and Schlupp up front as our starting two, because they can't do any worse than our "first choice" right now.

I'll take stick for this but I'd honestly stick Waghorn in next game. I don't know who deserves dropping more out of those two though.

Waghorn's link-up play is far superior to Wood's. Vardy's pressure on defenders was a major feature of our early season form.

But because they aren't technically amazing people have decided they are shit.

Wood's only real technical ability is his finishing which in my opinion really is Premier standard. But his all-round game is awful and you look at him and think that it would be anything but.

Waghorn on form this season was terrific, Vardy works very hard and although he's been very poor on the ball, at least having him in the side didn't lead to us playing hoofball.

Unbelievably I agree with Dans rating. Spot on with everything. Chris Wood is dog shit and his link up play is awful. Dyer offers nothing anymore and he needs to go. The defence yesterday was clueless and made Chris O ****ing grady look like Ronaldo. Kasper, Moore and Jeff can only hold their heads up.

Midfield is the most crucial part of the team, even more so away from home so it doesn't matter who is manager if Dyer and King continue to start games as they did for Sven too, the midfield battle is lost before kickoff and we have no chance of progression as a team. How many more times do we have to see anonymous perormances from King, it's what we all expect now isn't it? David Perkins walzed through our midfield time and time again yesterday that is the final straw. I'm sick of saying the same thing. 5 man midfield or he doesn't start, simple as that its fvcking obvious.

Amazes me how so many are criticizing wood!

'Only good thing is his finishing'.

Well that is what we signed him for, as so many were complaining we needed a finisher.

Hell.......RVP wouldn't score in our side.

We lack creativity, and until we get some it doesn't matter who plays up top.

Archived